Mini speaker $49 at the source canada!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 02:27 PM
    for the lazy
    BlackBerry� Mini Stereo Speaker | Wireless & Bluetooth Speakers | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca

If you are a Bell Advantage member, you can take off an extra $5
    Randy Jones and B Pretto like this.
    06-18-13 03:30 PM
    That's really too bad it isn't anywhere but the source.. There isn't a big enough discount in the world to get me to support that awful company..

Tried to find it on futureshop.ca to get it priced matched, but it doesn't appear they sell it anymore
    06-18-13 03:50 PM
    Ok, you've got to tell us now.
    Why is The Source an awfuller company that Futureshop?
    Do they make their signs out of baby seals?

Wow, spell check has no problem with the word awfuller.
    06-18-13 04:25 PM

Let's just say I have inside knowledge of the company and their practices, and as such I would have a great deal of difficulty giving them even two sheckles of my money.

lol @ awfuller

P.S my Z10's spell check pickup awfuller!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 04:38 PM

Neither will an awfuller SOM!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-18-13 04:42 PM
    Well I replied in another thread as well about this but since I actually work for the company I'd love to know why it's soooooo horrible he's bad mouthing it.

Of all my previous employers, this is one of the best I've worked for.
    and no...we don't harm baby seals. They're adorable.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-18-13 05:41 PM
    Well I replied in another thread as well about this but since I actually work for the company I'd love to know why it's soooooo horrible he's bad mouthing it.

Of all my previous employers, this is one of the best I've worked for.
    and no...we don't harm baby seals. They're adorable.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm glad you like it, but the things I've seen that company do, and the things they made me do left a very sour taste in my mouth. I was management there for almost 10 years, when I started it was a great place to work, but each year was progressively worse until I just couldn't stand the way I had to treat front line employees on their behalf.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:39 PM
    I agree, I went looking for a particular product so I asked about it and the store clerk downright lied about it. I have had nothing but bad experiences with the source.

I won't ever give them my hard earned well wasted money
    06-18-13 06:59 PM
    Neither will an awfuller SOM!
    He is the awe fullest of them all.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:12 PM
    I agree, I went looking for a particular product so I asked about it and the store clerk downright lied about it. I have had nothing but bad experiences with the source.

I frequent there only if I know exactly what I want. No chit chat, straight to the cash register and I'm out the store.

Posted via CB10
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    06-18-13 09:14 PM

Letting one person taint you on an entire company is...unfair. Not going to change your mind though, it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 09:15 PM
    Letting one person taint you on an entire company is...unfair. Not going to change your mind though, it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    not one person. I encountered the same shady behaviour at 4 locations in my city, because I don't believe in basing an opinion on one occurence.

I also do not base my opinion on others based on what other people say about them sure I take it in to consideration id be utterly ignorant not to but I believe in giving everyone the chance, even second chance they deserve.

the source had 4 chances at 4 locations and they struck out each time
    06-18-13 10:34 PM
    That's too bad. Luckily my location tries to go above and beyond. Let me guess...larger city?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 11:39 PM
    That's too bad. Luckily my location tries to go above and beyond. Let me guess...larger city?

Posted via CB10
    large but not huge Hamilton Ontario.
    06-19-13 07:36 AM
    The only good experience I've ever had at the Source was getting this speaker for $49 back in February or March - and that's because I couldn't find it anywhere else to price match. I've had nothing but bad customer service, and Dog help you if you ever have to (try) and return something there - odds are you'll walk back out of the store with it (but not before they try to sell you another device the same as the defective one you were trying to return). Same experiences at two locations in two small towns, one in a medium-sized city (~160,000 people) and one in a medium/large city (Hamilton as well).
    06-19-13 08:39 AM
    Maybe its because I'm in a city of less than 30000, we try harder.

However, and while I'm sure this should be a surprise to no one, there's two sides to every story. So when I hear that refunds were refused 'without reason', I immediately wonder which of the clearly stated requirements weren't met. There's usually more to it than "evil store was super mean to me". Unpopular opinion that may be, but I've learned to be skeptical when I hear these stories because of all the places I've worked and shopped at, this one is one of the best in service and experience over the years. (Been a customer for 20+ years, since Radio Shack, long before I worked there). Walmart and Futureshop treat employees far, far worse (personal experience). I used to process customer complaints for FS though, so I tend to take complaints with a grain of salt since upon investigation the customers complaint left out a LOT. The customer is not always right. Worst thing that ever happened. Look at how store staff are talked about on this very forum, people treat us like garbage to our faces and guess what, we don't have to take it. /rant

And since I won't change anyone's mind when they hate a store, that's all I'm saying.

And of course we try to exchange and not refund a defective item. Good lord. Any store in have ever worked at, that is the first thing you offer is an exchange for a defective product.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by reeneebob; 06-19-13 at 09:32 AM.
    06-19-13 09:19 AM