why would anyone objective want an unproven product, OS, and ecosystem, for the same price??

So BB10 is dead because nobody objective is going to pick it over android and iOS?
    CrackedBarry likes this.
    10-26-12 02:26 AM
    So BB10 is dead because nobody objective is going to pick it over android and iOS?
    Quite frankly....yes. That's opening another can of worms/scenario entirely, and there are multiple reasons, and even a few reasons to give it a glimmer of hope (eg. related even to this one specific reason, some people who are primarily only concerned with email/phone/txt may not care too much if it doesn't deliver as much/well as other systems). but yes, this is one of the main reasons why I am not optimistic.

The truth is, I'm much more optimistic about Surface being successful than I am about BB10. If I could assign a percentage to it, (admittedly a rather meaningless measure), I'd say Surface has a 40% chance of being "successful", BB10 is probably closer to 10-20%. :-(
    Last edited by richardat; 10-26-12 at 03:02 AM.
    10-26-12 02:50 AM
    That's fair enough - I thought that you were yet another poster with cognitive dissonance but clearly you aren't.
    10-26-12 03:33 AM
    i must say i have no interest in the surface...
    full office and the keyboard looks nice but nothing to jump the ship.

the intel versiin with full x86 support is another story, but the price is the problem. i woul rther get a good 7" tablet + a good working notebook and still safe a lot of money

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps mit Tapatalk 2
    10-26-12 04:05 AM
    Yes it is definetly an imitation look at all the problems.
    10-26-12 07:46 AM
    No one represented that Surface as being Windows 8. It seems that you're the only one who has mentioned Windows 8 in this thread. And I have tried Windows 8 on my Thinkpad Laptop/Tablet (penabled only) , the Developers Preview and then the Beta. I didn't like some things about it and went back to Windows 7 both times.

Good catch! Had to give the thread a once over myself to see if anyone referred to the said tablet as Windows 8
    10-26-12 09:40 AM
31 12