You guys might have seen pics of microsoft office suite running on ipad. So, seems MS is bringing a MS office suite app to ipad.

Do you think it will be a good idea if MS starts looking on an app option for PB too? If so, how useful you think it will be?

I think having a full fledge office suite is good from usability but will be pretty rough for the PB internals (Office being a resource hog). But if it comes, then the most helpful feature for me will be portability of my outlook pst. I can carry my archived emails on PB easily without rely on a internet connection/a second laptop or netbook (I actually carry a netbook of this sole purpose).

Share your thoughts..
    02-23-12 02:57 PM
    There's been some up-and-down on the legitmacy of the Office-on-Ipad rumor. We will see Windows 8 at MWC next week, which should include a better sense of how far off and how competive the Windows 8 Tablets will be. So anything MS does will have that effort in mind. I have a trial version of MS's Office 365 which runs the suite on the MS cloud and it seems to work fairly well on the Playbook.
    02-23-12 03:02 PM
    Nerver say never but with such a small user base on the Playbook it would be highly doubtful....
    02-23-12 03:02 PM
    There's been some up-and-down on the legitmacy of the Office-on-Ipad rumor. We will see Windows 8 at MWC next week, which should include a better sense of how far off and how competive the Windows 8 Tablets will be. So anything MS does will have that effort in mind. I have a trial version of MS's Office 365 which runs the suite on the MS cloud and it seems to work fairly well on the Playbook.
    hopefully they demonstrate it on Windows 8 arm-based tab. If that works, then there may be some hope
    loth likes this.
    02-23-12 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD