Hello everyone. I have a dead playbook and am currently leaving it plugged in for a while before I try any rebooting methods. I just want to make sure I am charging it correctly...

The Micro USB only goes in about 2/3 of the way and can be easily wiggled out/pulled out of the port.

Is it supposed to do that?

Thanks.
    11-06-12 10:47 AM
    if you can plug it, then it is the right way. you cannot plug it the wrong way.
    11-06-12 11:04 AM
    Not that I'm plugging it in the wrong way I just want to make sure there's not something wrong with my micro usb port.
    The charger doesn't click in like it does with my phone so I was just curious.
    11-06-12 11:07 AM
    "That's what she said"
    11-06-12 11:12 AM
    Can someone just simply answer the question by comparing their own micro usb with my description?
    11-06-12 11:13 AM
    Mine plugs fully in with just enough silver of the plug that sticks out that it is about the width of a sewing needle (so there is very very little silver of the plug showing showing). It does not wiggle out at all, but it can wiggle (just doesn't come out by wiggling alone). Is it charging at all? Keeping it plugged in, does the power indicator have a lightning bolt over it and is the charge increasing? Are you using the charger that came with the PB?

Also, do you have a yellow tipped charger (some PB comes with a yellow tipped Micro USB, and others come with a black one)? If so, make sure the BB logo on the USB tip is facing to the front (same direction as the screen). If you put it in backwards it can damage the port (and the plug can be forced in too easily backwards).
    Scotter75 and zstef94 like this.
    11-06-12 11:21 AM
    is it the original cable ?
    11-06-12 11:24 AM
    Can someone just simply answer the question by comparing their own micro usb with my description?
    Yes I can, We have Two playbooks and my wife's plugs in as you described, it charges fine. Mine goes in all the way and her's does'nt, been like that since we've got them. I'm not really worried about it
    11-06-12 11:43 AM
    Wow I feel dumb. Thanks BerryClever, I've been putting it in upside down >_< . Now the LED is coming on! Thanks a lot.
    BerryClever likes this.
    11-06-12 11:50 AM
    Here is my PB with included wall charger. I have another PB that looks the same when plugged in.
    Attached Thumbnails Micro USB doesn't insert all of the way.-img-20121106-00024.jpg  
    zstef94 likes this.
    11-06-12 11:51 AM
    Thanks everyone
    11-06-12 11:52 AM
    Wow I feel dumb. Thanks BerryClever, I've been putting it in upside down >_< . Now the LED is coming on! Thanks a lot.
    Ouch. You may want to buy a rapid magnetic charger to save some wear and tear on that port. Especially if the port has been abused.
    Creaulx likes this.
    11-06-12 11:54 AM
    Yeah I have one that's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Just using the stock one for now to revive the battery.

As of now it's pulsing green aka charging.
    11-06-12 12:09 PM
    and next time zstefani, stop eating spinach. and no! don't ask me to shake your hand. I don't want to end up like your micro Usb.
    11-06-12 12:13 PM
    and next time zstefani, stop eating spinach. and no! don't ask me to shake your hand. I don't want to end up like your micro Usb.
    hahaha
    11-06-12 12:17 PM
    Unfortunately, the port on the pb is a special port to potentially allow usb-to-go (or whatever it is called). The port is squarish/rectangular and the cable can be put in UPSIDEDOWN and actually bend the connector inside the port. If you look at the micro-usb charging port on a bb phone or other device, the port shape is more of a defined trapezoid that pretty much matches the shape of the micro-usb cable and it would be very hard to even force a cable into that port.
    11-06-12 12:20 PM
    Put a white dot on the correct face, use tipex or whiteout (whatever its called), found this tip in another thread, and you will know which way to insert it!
    Creaulx likes this.
    11-06-12 12:54 PM
    hahaha
    friends ? ^^
    11-06-12 01:55 PM
    How many threads there have been on this simple issue! RIM should have made it more obvious which side was supposed to be up and put a simple tag on the charger in the box. The answer is in the manual on page 69 at least in the OS 2.0 version I downloaded.
    11-06-12 07:18 PM