On mine and everyone I've checked out so far. Design flaw or acceptance by RIM of substandard manufacturing?
    06-17-11 10:40 PM
    Manufacturing issue IMO, my regular BB phone charger sits properly when plugged into the Playbook.
    06-17-11 10:44 PM
    Mine seems to work fine.
    06-17-11 11:23 PM
    On mine and everyone I've checked out so far. Design flaw or acceptance by RIM of substandard manufacturing?
    The plug on my PB is pretty tight.
    06-17-11 11:25 PM
    The plug on my PB is pretty tight.
    That's what she said!
    06-17-11 11:48 PM
    Mine is loose. But it charges so I don't mind. I am curious if someone uses the rapid charge what the difference is.

Normal Charger x Min from 5%
    Rapid Charger x Min from 5%

Cheers,
    06-18-11 12:56 AM
    on my PlayBook the Blackberry supplied cables fit tight, third party cables are loose.

Robert
    06-18-11 06:08 AM
    Just checked my AT&T charging ONLY cable and it also fits very nicely. Tugging gently on it, it stays in place. I have to deliberately remove it.
    06-18-11 09:16 AM
    The plug fits tight on mine, but the actual jack in the Playbook is loose. I can wiggle the cable when it's plugged in quite a bit and the whole jack moves inside the Playbook. I also don't see the charging lightning bolt unless I wriggle it a bit. Not happy. I'm going to try to exchange it today.
    01-10-12 10:33 AM
    The plug fits tight on mine, but the actual jack in the Playbook is loose. I can wiggle the cable when it's plugged in quite a bit and the whole jack moves inside the Playbook. I also don't see the charging lightning bolt unless I wriggle it a bit. Not happy. I'm going to try to exchange it today.
    That's the exact same issue with mine as well.
    01-10-12 10:46 AM
    That's the exact same issue with mine as well.
    And now I can't get it to take a charge. Darn. Bought it on Woot too so nowhere to return.
    06-06-12 05:37 PM
    My one(yellow one that came with it) is loose in the socket but it's not really a problem cos I charge over night. If I have to charge while using I just turn the PB round to minimize strain on the connector.
    06-06-12 05:56 PM
    My usb connector does not charge anymore.....obviously loose. I've purchased the rapid charger ....only way i can charge the PB .....really blows when I'm travelling.
    06-06-12 08:03 PM
    I've had my PlayBook since May 2011 and the charging port is still tight. I charge every night, but I also take care how I plug and unplug the cable. I also use my rapid charger dock every now and then when I feel like getting up and walking over to the dresser, but I'm lazy so I just plug in from the nightstand
    06-06-12 08:10 PM
    My cable was tight at first and after so many plug in it has loosened up. Still works fine but I did get a rapid charger. For the one that asked, I haven't timed how long vs supplied charger.

In my case I think the plastic? in the cable wore down as more plug in/outs happened.
    06-06-12 08:24 PM
    I have 2-prong charger with prongs that swing out (Canada). I have confirmed on phone and playbook, if I plug in wall it will sometimes not charge.

I have to "wiggle" the plug end (NOT the USB end!) so contacts will connect. I think it is a flaw in the rotating prongs. I also hear it crackle and can see a flash of light (spark) at night if I wiggle the plug at the socket.

Only after wiggling the plug in socket a few times, checking the position, will it begin to charge (I see lightning bolt icon on battery). This happens for BOTH playbook and phone, and in ANY outlet I use. Therefore, it is the rotating PRONGS.

My wife has a playbook that came with yellow-end micro-USB charger but it has several plug options that "slide" into place, so you can switch prongs for different countries. Seems to work more consistently.

Anyone else find this problem with the rotating 2-prong version?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    06-06-12 08:53 PM
    My usb connector does not charge anymore.....obviously loose. I've purchased the rapid charger ....only way i can charge the PB .....really blows when I'm travelling.
    actually thats why people (in the forums) have encouraged othres to get the rapid charger earlier =).

its kinda a blackberry thing - get a rapid charger/charging dock (same goes for phones!)
    06-06-12 08:54 PM
    I called tech support and he had me turn the unit off, plug in, and then turn on. Sure enough, the lightening bolt was present. Odd. It took a full charge and there's no problems now.
    06-09-12 08:26 AM
    How does carrying the magnetic rapid charger instead of a USB cable "blow when you are travelling?" Are y'all a bunch of teenage drama queens?
    06-09-12 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD