Hi,

Has anyone come across a Micro HDMI to HDMI cable that has a right angle on the Micro HDMI end of the cable?
    This would be very useful for the PlayBook
    07-06-11 07:39 AM
    If CableMatters.com doesnt have it, it probably doesnt exist.
    07-06-11 10:38 AM
    You can buy a Micro HDMI right angle adapter if you can't find the cable.
    07-06-11 11:13 AM
    You can buy a Micro HDMI right angle adapter if you can't find the cable.
    Found what u mean here

But still can't find microHDMI right angle one (without the adapter)
    07-06-11 03:47 PM
    Why not just use the adapter with a standard hmdi to hdmi cable? You probably already have the cable and the adapter doesn't really change anything.
    07-06-11 03:49 PM
    The adapter presents one more point of failure due to the additional interconnect.
    07-06-11 03:52 PM
    Ok... How do you know they didn't do something similar inside the casing of the right angle cable anyways?
    07-06-11 03:55 PM
    Found what u mean here

But still can't find microHDMI right angle one (without the adapter)
    Sadly, I can't find a supplier for these in the UK and I've just realised this maybe pointless as you cannot attach the micro hdmi cable whilst the PlayBook is in the charging dock
    07-06-11 04:30 PM
    Pretty sure ebay shippers will ship worldwide
    07-06-11 04:41 PM
    Pretty sure ebay shippers will ship worldwide
    Oh yes, I forgot about eBay
    07-06-11 04:53 PM
    Ok... How do you know they didn't do something similar inside the casing of the right angle cable anyways?
    What he means is that since it's an adapter the cable could possibly come loose from it. BTW, that adapter doesn't look like it would be very stable on a Playbook if you're holding it. Make the wrong move and it looks like it could snap off.
    07-06-11 05:17 PM
    Having owned an adapter, the fit is incredibly snug. You would practically have to trip on the cord and even then it's likely it would pull out of the tv or playbook rather than the adapter...
    07-06-11 05:21 PM
    Are you serious?

What I meant is avoiding an additional connector interface when possible. Pins, sockets, and wire terminations, particularly in a cable connection that gets moved frequently, all reduce reliability.
    07-06-11 06:38 PM
    You're right, it's much better to not have a right angle cable at all...

Good luck finding one. There's a reason nobody is seeing them.
    07-06-11 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD