Hey guys how you doing!
    Well i live in Mississauga Ontario, generally square one area and iv looked ALL over the mall for any sort of HDMI Cable that will work with the PB.
    I friend of mine works at The Source and even he said he doesnt know why they havent gotten any HDMI Cables for the PB in recently.
    Iv asked all over the place and cant find it
    Any ideas?
    05-19-11 12:22 AM
    i got pne on ebay for 6 bucks usd and it works great.
    kifac likes this.
    05-19-11 12:24 AM
    i got pne on ebay for 6 bucks usd and it works great.
    i would go the online route..only problem is, i dont have a credit card and my parents arent to fond of having their card on the internet :/
    So my only choice is finding one in store somewhere.
    05-19-11 12:28 AM
    best buy carries the micro-hdmi cable, it is in the cell phone department, the company is Cellett (or maybe its 1 t lol) anyway the heartland location should have it, i work at the woodbridge one hehe, thats how i know.
    kifac likes this.
    05-19-11 12:29 AM
    best buy carries the micro-hdmi cable, it is in the cell phone department, the company is Cellett (or maybe its 1 t lol) anyway the heartland location should have it, i work at the woodbridge one hehe, thats how i know.
    Great man, Appreciate it
    Ill prob head down there tommorow
    Any idea how much its costs?
    05-19-11 12:38 AM
    Radioshack is where I got mine. A little pricey compared to online but I wanted it "now".
    kifac likes this.
    05-19-11 12:42 AM
    I bought one so I can comfortably use it from the couch to TV. A 10' HDMI to micro HDMI for 6 bucks. Monoprice.com is my hero.

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!
    kifac likes this.
    05-19-11 12:42 AM
    Radioshack is where I got mine. A little pricey compared to online but I wanted it "now".
    Square one HAD a Radioshack untill it was turned into The Source...Even they dont have it :S

I bought one so I can comfortably use it from the couch to TV. A 10' HDMI to micro HDMI for 6 bucks. Monoprice.com is my hero.

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!
    Iv had this bookmarked for awhile now...as i said, cant buy things online. If i could..thats the one place id buuy it from.
    05-19-11 12:47 AM
    cost is cheap, but it retails for $29.99
    05-19-11 01:08 AM
    as i said, cant buy things online. If i could..thats the one place id buuy it from.
    Maybe a fellow CBer from Mississauga can help you out.

Can't see why not if you met and gave him the cash.

I'd help but unfortunately I'm about 1000 miles west of you.
    05-19-11 01:14 AM
    Question for you all

I purchased a HDMI cable from Monoprice (mico HDMI "type D" to HDMI) cable.

I am not sure I puchased the right cable because when I hook up to the big screen TV, the playbook shows up on screen but most all functions "Freeze" on the playbook.

I have to unhook the playbook and actually restart playbook to get things back to normal. As soon as I reconnect the playbook, it freezes up again.

Is this a playbook problem or an HDMI cable problem ?

Is there more than 1 type of HDMI cable that works for the PB ? Is the type "D" cable the wrong cable ?

Thanks for letting me throw this into the post
    05-19-11 01:56 AM
    Get a gf with a credit card and problem solved. If you go to a camera store you can buy a micro hdmi adapter. It is about two cm long and one end fits into your micro hdmi port and the other end you can plug a standard size hdmi cord into. From there plug the other end into your parent's tv. If you get your own credit card and your own place, you can have sleep overs any time you want. Good luck.
    05-19-11 02:01 AM
    Get a gf with a credit card and problem solved. If you go to a camera store you can buy a micro hdmi adapter. It is about two cm long and one end fits into your micro hdmi port and the other end you can plug a standard size hdmi cord into. From there plug the other end into your parent's tv. If you get your own credit card and your own place, you can have sleep overs any time you want. Good luck.
    Judging by the way the OP types I'm sure he/she is too young to move out on their own.

Good luck on finding it at retail. I generally buy at retail unless I couldn't find the item. When that happens I hit the internet. Good luck I couldn't find it either.

Have you tried a pre=paid paypal card or anything like that?
    05-19-11 05:25 AM
    When you order the cable from monoprice get one of these as well:

For only $3.29 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro-HDMI Male (Type D) to HDMI Female (Type A) Port Saver Adapter | HDMI Port Saver

Cable is great but if you go somewhere with a cable installed running in walls or with ports in hard to reach places you need a female end to use the existing cable...you need one of these in your bag.
    cschmach likes this.
    05-19-11 06:18 AM

For only $3.29 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Micro-HDMI Male (Type D) to HDMI Female (Type A) Port Saver Adapter | HDMI Port Saver

Cable is great but if you go somewhere with a cable installed running in walls or with ports in hard to reach places you need a female end to use the existing cable...you need one of these in your bag.
    Thank you. I was looking for something like this. I already have a half dozen or so devices that have HDMI cables and I didn't want to buy another one.
    GlennJake likes this.
    05-19-11 06:34 AM
    did you find it?
    I bought mine at Sonnam computers in toronto collage and spadina. Great place its a 6ft cable for about 15bucks gets the job done.
    I live burn/huron right where you are and searched all over for the stupid thing.

ask for Wei "pronouced WAY" 4165980557
    05-19-11 07:01 AM
    Just for your information, get a prepaid credit card, you can buy them from about any store, and simply put money on it, and then buy online.

My 2 cents.
    GlennJake likes this.
    05-19-11 07:04 AM
    Hey guys how you doing!
    Well i live in Mississauga Ontario, generally square one area and iv looked ALL over the mall for any sort of HDMI Cable that will work with the PB.
    I friend of mine works at The Source and even he said he doesnt know why they havent gotten any HDMI Cables for the PB in recently.
    Iv asked all over the place and cant find it
    Any ideas?
    I agree with previous posters that online is your cheapest route, but Staples also carries them for $24.99. I believe that there are quite a few Staples in Mississauga.

Good luck!
    05-19-11 07:08 AM

I goofed when I ordered two micro-hdmi cables (6' and 10') from monoprice but not one of those. A variety of adapters is always good to have in one's arsenal.
    05-19-11 09:00 AM
    Wow Thank you all for your replies. Very much appreciated
    I would get a prepaid card from lets say Walmart or shoppers drug mart but really all i need is 10$ to get the thing online :/
    As for anyone here around me in Mississauga who can help order it online for me and we can meet up and pay you for it..i wouldn't mind it at all.
    Again thanks a lot for your replies

Edit: I checked my Inbox and someone offered to help buy it for me online and id pay them for it when we meet up.
    Thanks again everyone for you help
    Last edited by kifac; 05-19-11 at 09:26 AM.
    05-19-11 09:21 AM
    05-19-11 11:36 AM
    Got mine from amazon.ca for 2.99. works perfect.
    05-19-11 12:34 PM
    Try your local Canada Computers, they carry the cables at a reasonable price... not as cheap as somewhere like monoprice, but not as bad as Best Buy or other big box retail...

Store & Warehouse Locations | Canada Computers
    05-19-11 12:51 PM
    A member from this forum offered to buy it online for me and i would pay him for it.
    Said it came up to 5$ on Ebay
    Cant wait to get it
    05-19-11 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD