Now we have a bridge update
    03-27-12 10:47 PM
    Yes we should see an update for the playbook very soon.
    03-27-12 10:51 PM
    just a matter of time!! I'm guessing 24 hours!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-27-12 10:52 PM
    My playbook had alot of app udates yesterday, and i was think updates are coming.
    03-27-12 11:03 PM
    I presume that the update will be available for download at around 5:01 am eastern time.

Cheers.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    03-27-12 11:09 PM
    Holy smokes, suspense.

03-27-12 11:16 PM
    Hope "browser stability improvements" is in the changelog.
    03-27-12 11:17 PM
    Hope "browser stability improvements" is in the changelog.
    You really expect such an admission - Dreamer!
    03-28-12 12:06 AM
    You really expect such an admission - Dreamer!
    John, the PB project manager, over on the Beta Zone website actually did say that they are investigating random crashes. So, I hope they will be issuing a fix in the next update.
    03-28-12 12:08 AM
    android app player stability improvement. Hopefully.
    husnimd, Jince, dave1701 and 2 others like this.
    03-28-12 12:12 AM
    Who else is obsessively checking for updates now? Hahaha.
    03-28-12 12:24 AM
    USB OTG host is what ive been waiting for, here's hope'n
    03-28-12 12:26 AM
    John, the PB project manager, over on the Beta Zone website actually did say that they are investigating random crashes. So, I hope they will be issuing a fix in the next update.
    do you know if any of these crashes can be caused by sideloading 'bad' apps or something on the users end?

I know that with my iphone i had installed a 'bad' app from cydia and the browser would always crash when i visited a site that had a login page (i have no idea how the two things correlated)... once i removed the app the problem was solved. To me that is user error and nothing more, and i have no problem saying that.
    03-28-12 12:31 AM
    do you know if any of these crashes can be caused by sideloading 'bad' apps or something on the users end?

I know that with my iphone i had installed a 'bad' app from cydia and the browser would always crash when i visited a site that had a login page (i have no idea how the two things correlated)... once i removed the app the problem was solved. To me that is user error and nothing more, and i have no problem saying that.
    I can't speak for everybody. But I don't have a single sideloaded app. Not even an Android Player app. I've seen a few people reporting the same.

But there was some speculation that poor memory management may be the culprit.
    03-28-12 12:45 AM
    well im not saying it would be bc of sideloaded apps bc i have a lot of those.

as for memory management then that might be due to android apps bc from what i hear they do cause that problem, but mine seem to 'quit' just fine (i only use 2 at a time though).
    gwinegarden likes this.
    03-28-12 12:48 AM
    I have ICS launcher installed to manage my android apps from BB App World,as well i have side loaded android apps, + native side loaded apps and i dont have any problems, except for browser crashes that started since the 2.0 update for QNX
    I also dont have memory problems with my workbook, but i have taken care to read every Dev's fine print for sideloaded apps to check for errors or beta's (i dont do beta's),probably why i dont have OS problems
    03-28-12 01:10 AM
    I have ICS launcher installed to manage my android apps from BB App World,as well i have side loaded android apps, + native side loaded apps and i dont have any problems, except for browser crashes that started since the 2.0 update for QNX
    I also dont have memory problems with my workbook, but i have taken care to read every Dev's fine print for sideloaded apps to check for errors or beta's (i dont do beta's),probably why i dont have OS problems
    same, minus the crashes.
    03-28-12 01:13 AM
    No Bridge update here
    03-28-12 01:19 AM
    before 2.0 mine never crashed, after updating though it has crashed about 3 times, and i noticed it was when i was trying to do work on a secure HTTPS connection and 1nce when i was on crackberry and thats it, and i use workbook a lot more than that so i never really thought it was even a problem till crackberrian's complained(though it still doesnt bother me)
    03-28-12 01:21 AM
    Mine never crashed before 2.0 either.

Oh well, at least I got a new email/contacts/calendar app that are all mostly useless to anyone with a BlackBerry phone
    03-28-12 01:52 AM
    I'm hoping that this update gives the Playbook the ability to get up at 5am and fix me a cup of coffee, turn the shower on and iron my pants.
    03-28-12 04:30 AM
    I hope it will give 1 more pixel density than the other fruit pad just to pee them off...
    03-28-12 04:43 AM
    I can't speak for everybody. But I don't have a single sideloaded app. Not even an Android Player app. I've seen a few people reporting the same.

But there was some speculation that poor memory management may be the culprit.
    Android Player app is integrated into the OS. No icon visible or whatsoever.

I hope it will give 1 more pixel density than the other fruit pad just to pee them off...
    I actually LOL-ed on this
    03-28-12 05:31 AM
    I hope it's based of the 'feature requests' in BlackBerry Beta Zone for PlayBook!
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    03-28-12 06:29 AM
    I hope it fixes the little bugs hanging around. Anything more would be a bonus. Adding more with the same bugs or more bugs and I won't be happy.
    03-28-12 07:42 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD