Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cletis
  • 1 Post By kennyliu
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Messages ,Calender and Contacts in One App

I think it would be nice if all three of these apps were one program on the playbook. It seems like they should be to me...
    It would be more of an information and productivity center instead of switching between all three apps. Is this a good idea or do you like having separate apps?
    CrackBerry Master

Wink

I like and use ms outlook. It is how I base everything from. I would want everything to default to that (ms outlook). My understanding is that nothing can do what ms outlook can do. Okay so let's have pb and bb10 do ms outlook native and bridge with outlook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Just Pin It.

There are plenty of Outlook clones for Linux/UNIX its no big deal...just a lot of stock libraries that go with it.

Since the PB is a __NIX OS you would think that a port of one would be coming...biggest hurdle will be desktop syncing and still stay inside RIM's security structure.
    To resist the influence of others the knowledge of oneself is of most importance.

Teal'c on Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Episode 14

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian71 View Post
    There are plenty of Outlook clones for Linux/UNIX its no big deal...just a lot of stock libraries that go with it.

Since the PB is a __NIX OS you would think that a port of one would be coming...biggest hurdle will be desktop syncing and still stay inside RIM's security structure.
    QNX is *nix? I did not know that.

Weird, wild stuff.
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian71 View Post

The problem with any native third party messaging/calendar app is that it won't be able to run a background service (hence, no notifications).

So, it's either RIM integrates these apps into one or RIM allows background services and an external developer creates such an integrated app.
    Thanked by 2:
    mrzeolite (06-08-2012),  Zildjian71 (06-07-2012) 
    cletis likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Just Pin It.

Thanks Kenny I didn't think about that. Most Outlook clones have no push feature the user has to initiate a mailbox sync. Good call.
    To resist the influence of others the knowledge of oneself is of most importance.

Teal'c on Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Episode 14