Take a look at the picture I attached. My messages app used to be directly to the right of he weather up on the top row of icons...
    I held down on an app so I could put it in a folder, but suddenly my screen went black. I held the power button and chose restart. When it turned back on, my messages app was not there. I thought I knew exactly what happened...it went into another folder. But I checked every single folder, as well as the page to the right of this one, but it's not there! I received an email so the golden envelope appeared in the corner, and I clicked it. The messages app opened. So the app is still somewhere on my playbook..
    But I can't see it. I searched the threads, nothing like this that I could find. Anyone else had this?? Any suggestions? I would prefer not to have to wipe my playbook and start from scratch obviously. My last backup data is pretty old.
    06-20-12 10:07 PM
    Sound like you may have deleted it by mistake.
    06-20-12 10:13 PM
    I thought you couldn't delete those apps. Browser, messages, contacts, Calender, ... They never had the option to delete. Any way to get it back without wiping the PB?
    06-20-12 10:15 PM
    Your right just checked after posting & there is no option to delete just move. Have you tried a hard rest.
    06-20-12 10:19 PM
    You can't delete core apps. Look around in your folders/panes and if you still can't find it, reboot the device (hold vol +, then power button, then vol - till it turns off and the red ligh comes on the led).
    06-20-12 10:20 PM
    Just tried what you said and still no luck. The messages app isnt deleted, because when I recieve a message I just tap the golden envelope in the corner, and the messages app opens. This is very weird and frustrating
    06-20-12 10:37 PM
    If you somehow did delete it, you might try using the Options/Upgrade and check for upgrade and it might fill it out???
    06-20-12 10:41 PM
    Good idea but also, no luck
    06-20-12 10:45 PM
    You can't delete that... It's hidden somewhere or the system is bugged.

Did you check all those folders of yours?

Don't reboot using the green reboot icon from the battery indicator, do a hard reset (with the physical keys). Or turn it off, wait a few minutes and turn it on.

If these are no good, get in the moods for a debrick...
    06-20-12 11:03 PM
    Here's a question.
    If I back up my playbook right now, then wipe it, then restore the data hack onto the playbook, will the messages app be there again? Because the messages And other permanent apps are automatically put on during restoring, right?
    06-20-12 11:31 PM
    Any chance that the icon is missing but the text and a blank spot identify it - that does occasionally happen to the darn bridge icons.

A wipe/restore should restore the core apps.
    06-21-12 12:30 AM
    My browser icon disappeared for 2 days when I tried to put it in a folder, when I deleted the folder I was trying to put the icon in it reappeared, I know it's a pain but you might try deleting your folders, I new the app was there because I was going into app world, picking an app ,clicking support, clicking the link to launch the browser, it was very frustrating for a couple of days.
    06-21-12 02:18 AM
    FWIW, you can launch Messages though the Contacts app. Open, Contacts, choose a contact, tap their email address, and Messages should open in the compose email view. You can X out of this screen and it should take you to your Meassages home screen.
    06-21-12 02:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD