Documents to Go: Ability to insert rows/columns into spreadsheets
    diegonei likes this.
    05-13-12 03:04 PM

Right now, I happen to have a couple of unread messages that I can't find. Those are probably spam messages from a "distant past"

Sometimes, I leave a message that requires action unread and when I want to get back to the message, I have to scroll a lot to find the message I need.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-13-12 03:57 PM
    DRM-free mp4 can be played, as far as I know at least.

But thanks for reminding me about MPEG support!!
    Ahah, I'll have to give that another look..

Quite welcome!
    05-13-12 04:06 PM
    I thought we already had a thread like this and it never got further than the bowels of this forum
    05-13-12 04:37 PM
    would like to be able to scroll Web pages using PlayBook right side frame. Sometimes I find it difficult to scroll up/down due to all embedded hyperlinks, which opens new pages by mistake.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-13-12 04:38 PM
    I thought we already had a thread like this and it never got further than the bowels of this forum
    That's the power or colaboration! I would NEVER think os so many great ideas on my own! I plan to take this invaluable intel to the Beta Zone.

Then, the mods should take them and let Beta Zone members vote for priorities. Then, they will tackle the ones people find more important.

Like i said before, Unite We Stand!
    05-13-12 04:42 PM
    Op, have a question.

If Docs To Go was upgraded to MS Office 2010, wouldn't that take care of all the 'abilities' listed for DTG?

It would be so much better than the 2004 version on the PB now.
    05-13-12 07:57 PM
    Op, have a question.

If Docs To Go was upgraded to MS Office 2010, wouldn't that take care of all the 'abilities' listed for DTG?

MS Office on the PB? Not gonna happen.

There are rumors that even the iPad won't be getting it any time soon, if ever.

I guess MS is keeping Office to themselves as a differentiation factor (i.e. a selling point) for Windows 8/RT tablets.
    05-13-12 08:21 PM
    In DTG spreadsheets one can in a klutzy manner insert rows or columns. As an example if one wants to insert columns cut the columns to the right of the desired location and paste them an appropriate number of columns further right. This leaves the desired number of new columns.
    05-13-12 08:26 PM
    Perhaps someone knows if Open Office documents can be read or converted on the BBPB. Or maybe a version of Open Office could be put on the PB. I found on the web that Libre Offce is close to having a port to Android. Libre Office was said to have been formed by people who left Open Office when it was bought by Oracle.
    Last edited by jpash549bb; 05-13-12 at 08:53 PM.
    Creaulx likes this.
    05-13-12 08:31 PM
    Idk if anyone put this yet but since we are getting wifi bridge I think we should have the ability to "open up" videos from bb phone to bb tablet.
    05-13-12 09:22 PM
    Not sure if these were mentioned:
    1) Browser: I'd like to have the option of staying in the current page when I select the 'open link in new tab' option for a link... it should be the default too IMO...
    2) I'd like to be able to remote control a Playbook from another Playbook, the same way you'd do it from a BB phone over bridge.
    05-13-12 09:47 PM
    Here's my few to add I still cannot put my Bookmarks in Order, once saved they are saved in that order. I cannot make Albums or move my pictures in the order I want them to b seen, I cannot put my music in the order I want nor make playlists. These are things I was expecting to see in the new 2.0 update but all I got that day was the ability to listen to my Bose soundlink. All email does is make my phone go ding, my bridge go ding and then the PlayBook go ding. I did not care about email since I owned a berry, I cared more about the customization of the PlayBook and I'm so afraid that this is what BB10 will bring to the table. We waited and waited for 2.0, it took them almost a year working on this 2.0 update and I got the ability to make a folder, sync contacts and listen to my email AGAIN???
    05-13-12 09:49 PM

I guess MS is keeping Office to themselves as a differentiation factor (i.e. a selling point) for Windows 8/RT tablets.
    Thanks Kenny
    Although the question was for the OP, I should have made my post more clear...

I know the whole MS Office would not be available, but if the word, excel and powerpoint was at the 2010 version, it would be easier to transfer these files to the PB from the PC or from an email, and not lose all the settings.
    05-13-12 09:52 PM
    Thanks Kenny
    Although the question was for the OP, I should have made my post more clear...

I know the whole MS Office would not be available, but if the word, excel and powerpoint was at the 2010 version, it would be easier to transfer these files to the PB from the PC or from an email, and not lose all the settings.
    Oh, sorry, Jafobabe. I misunderstood. I thought you meant MS Office as in an office app.

I see Office 2010 file format (docx, xlsx, pptx, etc.) compatibility is already on the list. I doubt that merely supporting Office 2010 files will add the missing features though.
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-13-12 10:08 PM
    Ah ok Kenny! Thanks..
    05-13-12 10:16 PM
    Ah ok Kenny! Thanks..
    By the way, it looks like Documents To Go supports Open XML (Office 2007/2010 file extensions) on other platforms (Palm OS (!), iOS, Android).

Are you positive that Docs2Go does not support Office 2007/2010 files on the Playbook (I haven't used Docs2Go much).

If that's the case, I see absolutely no reason why Docs2Go wouldn't provide such support as Docs2Go is owned by by RIM.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 05-13-12 at 10:32 PM.
    05-13-12 10:27 PM
    By the way, it looks like Documents To Go supports Open XML (Office 2007/2010 file extensions) on other platforms (Palm OS (!), iOS, Android).

Are you positive that Docs2Go does not support Office 2007/2010 files on the Playbook (I haven't used Docs2Go much).

If that's the case, I see absolutely no reason why Docs2Go wouldn't provide such support as Docs2Go is owned by by RIM.
    Never mind. I just opened a DOCX file and it works just as intended. Although some of the formatting is not there.
    Last edited by kennyliu; 05-13-12 at 10:59 PM.
    05-13-12 10:31 PM
    You guys do realize that the BB Tablet OS in its current form is going to be gone once BB10 is released. Some of these features are likely to be a part of BB10. RIM's likely spending most of its time on BB10 rather than tweak the AIR based apps/UI in current BB Tablet OS.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-14-12 12:43 AM
    Guess, most of those wonderful features are already requested...

May I add about the drastic improvement of display... honestly, (and this is only my personal opinion), line up together the RIM's PlayBook, new iPad and Galaxy Note (which I have both of them), our PB screen is like a pre-historic display... RIM should come out with a very competitive screen display against Retina or even HD Super Amoled Display...
    diegonei likes this.
    05-14-12 02:46 AM
    Op, have a question.

She meant file compatibility, I believe. And no, making it compliant to MS Office 2010 Would just prevent data/settings loss.
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-14-12 07:57 AM
    You guys do realize that the BB Tablet OS in its current form is going to be gone once BB10 is released. Some of these features are likely to be a part of BB10. RIM's likely spending most of its time on BB10 rather than tweak the AIR based apps/UI in current BB Tablet OS.
    It's not about apps, nor what they were coded in. It's about functionality. Do you see any of these listing's making into BB10?

So do we.
    05-14-12 08:00 AM
    Guess, most of those wonderful features are already requested...

May I add about the drastic improvement of display... honestly, (and this is only my personal opinion), line up together the RIM's PlayBook, new iPad and Galaxy Note (which I have both of them), our PB screen is like a pre-historic display... RIM should come out with a very competitive screen display against Retina or even HD Super Amoled Display...
    Thanks for the input, but I don't think they will ship us hardware updates.

This is about software features.
    Creaulx likes this.
    05-14-12 08:01 AM
    Okay guys, thanks for helping me help RIM help us!!!

I will get to BZ and post the list.

Let's rock and roll this!

PS: I'll post the link here when it's there.
    05-14-12 08:04 AM
    At this point, I don't care if any new features are added. I just want what I already have to work. EVERY update I've installed has made my Playbook worse. Please, please, please RIM... Fix the bugs!!
    05-14-12 08:18 AM
111 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD