i've been having a problem with my playbook bridge notification and my storm 2. Lately I keep getting a notification showing that there is a new message. It only goes away when a new message is received or I disconnect or reconnect the phone. When I finally get the icon to go away it comes back the next time the phone connects. The strange thing is that the message that the icon says is there is no longer on the phone. If i click the icon the message tries to open. Obviously the message won't open because it's not there. After I close the screen the icon is still there but it shows no new messages. Anyone else having this problem? I have the latest OS on both the playbook and storm2
    09-01-11 04:20 PM
    The story of a PlayBook owner's life: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...earing-627342/

I think RIM should be aware of this and hopefully it will be rectified in a future update
    09-01-11 04:33 PM
    just seems strange that an old message is showing up when it is not on the phone
    09-01-11 04:48 PM
    Open messages, mark the top email unread (middle envelope icon next to the red flag) then read. Works every time for me.
    09-01-11 07:17 PM
    Open messages, mark the top email unread (middle envelope icon next to the red flag) then read. Works every time for me.
    sounds like a good option for now. thanks.
    09-01-11 07:37 PM
    I have the same problem with bbm. Notifications of answered pins won't go away and to delete some notifications it is not enough reading them, as happens in the bb, you got to answer the message to get rid of axterix and notification, gets a little boring....
    09-01-11 07:49 PM
    Having phantom messages alerts is nothing compared to having the same old message stick there, and when you pick up the phone there are a few new messages that you didn't get a notification for.
    09-01-11 11:07 PM
    I have the same problem with bbm. Notifications of answered pins won't go away and to delete some notifications it is not enough reading them, as happens in the bb, you got to answer the message to get rid of axterix and notification, gets a little boring....
    this is the problem i am having
    09-11-11 10:12 AM
    yea i'm using the same solution too
    09-12-11 04:53 AM
    Battery pull on the phone works!! I get phantom BBM msgs if I don't read a bbm in a certain amount of time
    09-12-11 05:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD