Hello folks, just experiencing something very strange on my PB, and wanted to hear from you guys.

I updated my PB today to the newest 2.0.1.358 update
    Now I dunno if this was happening before, but I restarted my PB with the update, and I discovered the about section, and I checked my "total memory" and "free memory"
    1gb for total and thats normal, but for free memory I started with 548mb. I noticed though, that it kept decreasing increasingly fast, like before my eyes before it settled in the 350's
    6 hours later and I am down to 170mbs and it keeps climbing down

Any ideas why this could be happening?

I wonder if this is why my PB was randomly shutting down, complete black screen for minutes before I had to do a hard reset...then minutes later it would restart.

Btw, I only have 2 android apps, that I never even use that often, downloaded from appworld if that matters

Thank you!
    04-18-12 03:05 PM
    No memory leaks on the playbook The OS is taking up the 500mb RAM to run.

As for randomly shutting off you may have a bad app or system file. It might be best to do a debrick and start off with a clean OS
    04-18-12 03:11 PM
    There has been reports of memory leaks on the playbook, I personally have noticed that same problem a few times in the past. Some think it could be caused by the android player, there is a series of steps that somehow stops the android player from running in the background and stops the leak. I have done it before and it really works. It even brings the free memory up to 630 MB.

I dont know if the new update fixes the problem, I guess since you have it the answer is no.
    04-18-12 06:54 PM
    There's a thread discussing memory leak after the update here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ou-717332-new/
    04-18-12 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD