Hi all, hoping someone maybe able to help clear this one up, I have connected the PB to windows 7 via wifi by entering the PB ip address in the windows run box, windows can find the PB and I can veiw media files on the PB through windows, however my problem is that I can not drag and drop from windows to the PB I just get the little red prohibite symbol floating around with the files I want to drop (music albums).
    01-30-12 03:04 AM
    Hi all, hoping someone maybe able to help clear this one up, I have connected the PB to windows 7 via wifi by entering the PB ip address in the windows run box, windows can find the PB and I can veiw media files on the PB through windows, however my problem is that I can not drag and drop from windows to the PB I just get the little red prohibite symbol floating around with the files I want to drop (music albums).
    Sorry, I pushed enter by mistake !!!! Many thanks in advance for any help
    01-30-12 03:06 AM
    Do you have wifi sharing turned on under storage/sharing in options?
    01-30-12 08:15 AM
    Do you have wifi sharing turned on under storage/sharing in options?
    On top of that, you can't put stuff directly into the system, it has to go i to one of the folders.

I mapped mine as \\ip.ip.ip.ip\media\ so it shows the file system I can actually access. Then I just have to put things in the right folders.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    01-30-12 08:31 AM
    Thanks both, wifi sharing is turned on and will try the //media approach a little later. thanks again people !
    01-30-12 09:11 AM
    On top of that, you can't put stuff directly into the system, it has to go i to one of the folders.

I mapped mine as \\ip.ip.ip.ip\media\ so it shows the file system I can actually access. Then I just have to put things in the right folders.
    True Dat! I don't use the wifi connection much so I didn't think of that...thanks. Hope you get it working.
    01-30-12 09:19 AM
    Thanks fellas ! Problem solved by mapping the ip address with\\media . Transfering my music as i type so im a happy newbie ! thanks again dan
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    01-30-12 02:33 PM
    We're here to help.
    01-30-12 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD