can someone help me please help me? today the media player of my pb stopped working. no music, no videos. error message is: there was an error communicating with the media player, please try again. akso my nobex radio app doesn't work anymore. I dowloaded the first free player I found in bb world and my mp3 files are played only after trying several times and after several error messages "unsupported file format"

any idea? thanks
    01-21-15 05:58 AM
    If you haven't yet, try resetting the device:
    • Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time for about 15 seconds.
    • This will reboot the device.

This is the hardware equivalent to a battery pull on other BlackBerry devices.
    This tends to fix any OS/App related glitches.

Let us know the results.
    01-21-15 07:58 AM
    just tried, the pb turns off befor the 15 seconds and I havo turn it on pressing the power button, so I don't know if it is the reboot you mentioned or if it is a simple shut down. in any case the problem is still there....
    01-21-15 08:53 AM
    just tried, the pb turns off befor the 15 seconds and I havo turn it on pressing the power button, so I don't know if it is the reboot you mentioned or if it is a simple shut down. in any case the problem is still there....
    Sorry, I wasn't clear on the reset, I forgot the complete steps:
    • Hold down the volume up key, volume down key, and power button at the same time for about 15 seconds.
    • Once the device shuts off, wait several seconds, and then press and hold the power button.
    • This will reset the device by rebooting it and clearing the cache and temp processor registers.

But as you basically did that and still have the problem, it may be time to wipe the device and reload from a backup.
    01-21-15 11:03 AM
    FYI, you can do the hard reboot with just the power and volume down button.

Push the power button first, and while holding it down push the volume down button. You'll see the shutdown message, then a black screen with the backlight, then a true black screen (no backlight). Try that, then turn on the PB again.

As above poster said, if you did the hard reboot successfully and that didn't fix the media player issue, may be time to wipe, or better yet, do an autoload install from scratch.
    01-21-15 11:16 AM
    FYI, you can do the hard reboot with just the power and volume down button.

Push the power button first, and while holding it down push the volume down button. You'll see the shutdown message, then a black screen with the backlight, then a true black screen (no backlight). Try that, then turn on the PB again.

As above poster said, if you did the hard reboot successfully and that didn't fix the media player issue, may be time to wipe, or better yet, do an autoload install from scratch.
    01-21-15 11:16 AM