Ok this may be a stupid question, when deleting pic's, vid's etc directly on & from the playbook, where do they get deleted too...

Thanks
    06-26-11 03:37 PM
    i hink he place is called LIMBO
    06-26-11 03:54 PM
    In Abyss

They are gone exactly like on you PC when you delete a file/folder. After a while PB will clean you Memory or when ever you clean you Memory the deleted files are gone to
    On to PC you have an alternate Option to delete Files/Folder by Pressing SHIFT+DEL and all the deleted files are gone in Abyss.(Transform in a digital media 1.0.1.0.1.1.1.0.01. etc)
    06-26-11 04:20 PM
    I don't know if the pb's storage "memory" would be amenable to the recovery tools like compact and sdcard utilities that can recover lost photos (and any other files) when hanging off a usb port - quite possibly. The erased files are probably there until the space is needed for new files unless the underlying file system/structure is different.
    06-26-11 06:24 PM
    i think OP is asking if there a place like recycle bin on PB.
    if u delete something it will be same as u delete something permanently on pc (shift+del )
    but i guess they will be recoverable through data recovery tools unless the space is overwritten by new files.
    06-26-11 06:44 PM
    when files are "deleted", they are not actually removed from your device. what happens is, the file's header information is removed or overwritten so there is no longer an entry for the file and it cannot be accessed without specialized data recovery software.

now, we know that flash memory has a finite number of writes as opposed to magnetic, rotating storage in a hard drive. because of this limitation, files deleted on flash memory tend to be available much longer than on a standard hard drive. the cells in a flash drive would wear out much quicker if the same area was written to over and over, like they are on a rotating hard drive, causing you to lose drive capacity.
    06-26-11 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD