My main phone is an iPhone. I have an iPad2 and it works great. I did have a Blackberry Storm 2 for work some time ago (it's probably still in a desk drawer here in my office but the office changed to iPhones).

I'm not looking to replace any of those items. I WAS looking to replace my old iPOD (I misplaced it somewhere) that I use for music only during my second life as a weekend musician. I mostly used it to play music between sets. I looked at a 16gb open box iPod nano and they're $125. For another $25, I could get a 16gb open box 4th generation iPod touch and run Spotify which would be great. I've been using my iPhone for between set music with offline playlists I created in Spotify (I have premium) since I don't have every CD in the world or want to download every song I might play once. But, I figured I really neede 32gb if it's to be my main music player for gigs and in the car.... $160 minimum for a used iPod Touch 4th generation 32gb that isn't broken or nasty.

That's when I came across the BB Playbook 64 GB for $129 open box. Tons of memory, I understand I can put all my songs on it directly from iTunes and then I could also use it as a small tablet for other things (including flash based sites I can't access on my iPad2). Plus, it wouldn't be so expensive I'd be afraid to leave it where people could see it at gigs. (Sometimes I also want to use my phone between sets, so using it as my music player on gigs isn't the best solution.)

I've read what I could find on running a Spotify app or player or whatever on a Playbook, but while it looks like they all work through the browser (and, therefore, would require wifi), I want to make sure that there's no way to play Spotify playlists offline on the Playbook. If there's a way to do it, I'm in. If not, I'll have to pass.

Thanks for your help.
    08-15-13 11:37 AM
    figure it out and hit me up, ive got a couple playbooks for sale
    08-15-13 12:28 PM
    Have you seen this? http://crackberry.com/spotify-blackberry-playbook

Spotify will run on ge Playbook but I'm not sure if it will work offline, don't have a Spotify app to verify. Anyone else want to take a look?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-13 12:50 PM
    Have you seen this? Get Spotify on your BlackBerry PlayBook! | CrackBerry.com

Spotify will run on ge Playbook but I'm not sure if it will work offline, don't have a Spotify app to verify. Anyone else want to take a look?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, those are the things I read, among other things..... I think I'm just going to go with the new ASUS MeMo HD 7 as it will do what I need this device to do without any issue.
    08-15-13 01:31 PM
    I've looked into this too, and as far as I can find, there is no way of doing this. If you DO figure a way though, do us a favour and post back here.
    Cheers, Chris.
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    08-15-13 01:41 PM