Not sure what to make of this, or how reputable this Ecanadanow site is, but at least worth doing some digging.

eCanadaNow � Blackberry Playbook Features Leaked, Release Date In Canada Draws Near

Hopefully they know something, the date of their article is today.
    03-16-11 05:40 PM
    Was posted on the front page a couple days ago: http://crackberry.com/tablet-pricing...berry-playbook
    03-16-11 05:44 PM
    Not sure what to make of this, or how reputable this Ecanadanow site is, but at least worth doing some digging.

eCanadaNow � Blackberry Playbook Features Leaked, Release Date In Canada Draws Near

Hopefully they know something, the date of their article is today.

They saw this from Monday.
    03-16-11 05:44 PM
    Ah, man this is frustrating isn't it.
    03-16-11 05:46 PM
    they are referring to a chart we have seen in other threads and putting their spin on it. nothing more. Still nothing from RIM officially
    03-16-11 05:47 PM
    ......Sigh really?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 06:52 PM

They saw this from Monday.
    How can you be so sure?

Maybe there is something to it. I doubt all the world's publications refer to crackberry.com for a resource. Superbowl Kevin is probably a good reason they shouldn't.

03-16-11 08:46 PM
    How can you be so sure?

Maybe there is something to it. I doubt all the world's publications refer to crackberry.com for a resource. Superbowl Kevin is probably a good reason they shouldn't.

That picture's from Pre Central
    03-16-11 08:52 PM
    March 27th is a Sunday. What kind of product launches on Sundays when store hours are usually shorter?
    03-16-11 10:50 PM
    March 27th is a Sunday. What kind of product launches on Sundays when store hours are usually shorter?
    retail stores like bestbuy, staples, office depot etc always start their weeks on sunday
    03-16-11 10:52 PM
    BlackBerry Torch and Style
    03-16-11 10:52 PM
    Several berrys have been released on a Sunday. I think Sundays are a better release day honestly. Fewer people have to work on a Sunday than mid week.
    03-16-11 10:54 PM
    retail stores like bestbuy, staples, office depot etc always start their weeks on sunday
    Not sure how it is in the US but in Canada i work for a Future Shop and our weeks start on Fridays, flyers change over for that day and the new sales start. New movie releases are shown in that flyer, but they would just have the release date posted on them.
    03-17-11 02:16 AM
    what i stated was US since that is who the release is for. There is no word on canadian release
    03-17-11 03:04 AM
    I'm telling you its gonna be 4/1!

03-17-11 03:17 AM
    I'm going with late April...
    03-17-11 04:21 AM
    Oh you want to stir up some anger and frustration don't you?

03-17-11 05:27 AM
    Maybe if you want the 3G in another country

03-17-11 07:58 AM
    I think it would be wise to go with the March 27th as the wifi Xoom will be release on that day. If RIM would've released the PB around the Ipad's launch, i feel a lot of people would've considered if not bought the PB instead of the Apple product.

We can only hope for the best.
    03-17-11 08:09 AM
    I think it would be wise to go with the March 27th as the wifi Xoom will be release on that day. If RIM would've released the PB around the Ipad's launch, i feel a lot of people would've considered if not bought the PB instead of the Apple product.

We can only hope for the best.
    I am actually going out on a limb and saying March 27, of all the dates given past present and future, has the best chance of being the first launch date.

If I were to give odds, I'd say 75% chance. Mind you that is one chance in four it won't be. Although many have been saying "its a rumor and all we have are unconfirmed photos that could have been generated by photoshop as a hoax", I would ask them why they betted on the superbowl with nothing more than Superbowl Kevin's comment, and all but swore it would be MWC and even more embarrasingly a night club gig in Austin Texas?

March 27 is still unquestionably Q1, albiet late Q1 but who here figures otherwise? Sunday be d**ned I seem to recall the Torch was launched then wasn't it?

One thing is for sure. If March 27 comes and goes without event, then we can call the Q1 launch forecast a fail unless they suddenly decide to announce it within 3 days of L-day. What's the industry average, closer to 9 or 10? About how many days we have left until March 27 from the date I made this post...

Next 2 weeks will be very interesting.

03-17-11 08:32 AM
    Its better than mischievously releasing it March 31st which I hope they don't haha.

03-17-11 11:26 AM
    I just don't see how it can happen now on the 27th, that is just 10 days away. Logistically product would have to ship in the next 5 days to make it to west coast sites, and there is still no word out of RIM.
    03-17-11 11:43 AM
    I think an annoucement is more probable.
    03-17-11 11:44 AM
    I just don't see how it can happen now on the 27th, that is just 10 days away. Logistically product would have to ship in the next 5 days to make it to west coast sites, and there is still no word out of RIM.
    doesnt mean theyre not already doing it why's there an OS update right out of the box? because hardware's final and already packed in the box :P
    slbailey1 likes this.
    03-17-11 12:28 PM
    I mentioned it elsewhere, but yes, hardware has most likely been finalized for quite sometime which is why we heard about production a month ago or so. However, they need to be flashed with a reasonable version of software for shipping. So, the question comes- when was reasonable software completed for shipping purposes given that an update comes right out of the box?

03-17-11 02:35 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD