it remains empty.

btw, just received last update 2.1.0.1088, gonna try later to see if they fix this "feature"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-26-12 11:10 AM
    No, the dock remains empty after that unfortunately but the point is that you get all of your icons back.
    10-26-12 12:46 PM
    scr and Meganvee:

Thanks. I guess that does allow one to see more of their wallpaper even if it was not intended as a consequence.
    meganVee likes this.
    10-26-12 02:39 PM
    scr:

I haven't tried it out yet after the update...

Have your tried yet? Let us know if it works or not!
    10-27-12 05:59 PM
    The key question: suppose you never had missing icons and you load 1088.
    If you then bravely or unfortunately clear ALL icons from your dock, do bad
    things, like loss of icons, happen under this new 1088? Doc Neutron
    10-28-12 09:21 AM
    It is a bug no matter what that FOOL from RIM suggested in the tweet that said "no one should do that!" Either the OS should gracefully allow NO icons on the dock and allow icons to be placed back on the dock or there should be NO way to remove all icons from the dock.
    10-28-12 09:57 AM
    If you remove an icon (or ALL icons) from the dock and try to replace it with another, which in turn disappears then the issue is still evident.

I still have not updated my daughters PlayBook to .1088 (and I am not about to try it out on mine) but once I update I am going to see if the problem still persists.
    10-28-12 10:26 AM
    sorry, took some time to post reply about 1088 update, was quite busy with another issue related to sync and blackberry desktop software.

So, after update 1088 the problem ( or u can call it feature cause RIM doesn't bother to fix it) is still there. Good thing is u still can fix it the same way u did it before ( move everything to the empty dock to make everything disappear) . U won't lost anything , I performed this last test with much more apps then I had before . All apps r still in place , didn't try with folders, I don't have any.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-28-12 12:17 PM
    So I updated my daughters PlayBook and tried to add an icon to the dock and what-do-you-know but the thing disappeared with the invalid array error.
    Ughhhhh... Come on RIM, fix this stupid bug.
    11-18-12 01:39 AM
    Wow I just ran into this error today. This bug is absolutely ridiculous! I thought it was something wrong with my playbook so I did a security wipe and backed up my important documents. After the security wipe I tried to put the icons back into the dock and they disappear. Im happy its a workaround to this, but its a shame this bug hasn't been fixed by rim yet. Unbelievable...

Tapatalking
    12-01-12 08:09 PM
    this just happened to me today as well. lets hope that this still works on the current build. im running 2.1.0.1314....

YAY it works!!!! now just have to figure out a way to make my speakers stop not working LOL
    01-18-13 08:42 PM
    this just happened to me today as well. lets hope that this still works on the current build. im running 2.1.0.1314....

YAY it works!!!! now just have to figure out a way to make my speakers stop not working LOL
    I would do a back up of your data and wipe that playbook. I swear my playbook has been running smooth ever since. Plus so far I haven't had the missing icon issue.

Tapped to talk
    01-18-13 08:55 PM
    Will dragging all the icons to the shortcut bar and restarting the PB get back all the disappeared icons? For me it's a big risk I am very scared what if it doesn't work I'll be in huge trouble. Should I go for it? Please help
    12-31-13 10:17 AM
    If you've lost apps by emptying the dock then yes it will bring them all back. If you deleted apps you need to reinstall
    12-31-13 11:58 AM
    Thank you so much it really worked like magic
    Cynycl and FF22 like this.
    12-31-13 09:47 PM
40 12