I've looked on these forums but can't find out what's wrong or how to fix it. My daughter was rearranging the icons and pulled all the main icons(messages, contacts, browser, calendar, appworld) down lower on the screen. When she tried to slide them back up to the top they dissappeared. She received an e-mail so the "messages" icon found it's way back on the screen but nothing of the others. I've tried to restart, hold the power button for 15 seconds, and hold the +/-volume and power buttons together for 15 seconds all to no avail. Please don't tell me I'll need to wipe it. Has anybody heard of this problem or how to fix it? Please help.
    10-19-12 04:43 PM
    I just tried to move the messages icon back up and it says "array_insert invalid array index" and poof, it's gone again.
    10-19-12 04:58 PM
    this is a known issue and there is a thread on it. search "huge problem in 2.1 beta"

From there you will find out if you have to wipe but I think you may have to but I'm hoping I'm wrong. good luck!
    jagrlover likes this.
    10-19-12 05:07 PM
    Make sure you back up before wipe ...I'm sure you know tbis but just kn case you don't
    jagrlover likes this.
    10-19-12 05:08 PM
    you don't have to wipe. there was a fix proposed by rash.m2k in one of the threads. I've tried it and it works. basically, move every icon/folder you have into the shortcut bar (so everything's disappeared) and restart. all your icons will be back but you'll have to redo your folders. I will see if I can find his post.

thread is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7673166
    Last edited by twstd.reality; 10-19-12 at 05:25 PM.
    BB_Bmore and jagrlover like this.
    10-19-12 05:13 PM
    I've looked on these forums but can't find out what's wrong or how to fix it. My daughter was rearranging the icons and pulled all the main icons(messages, contacts, browser, calendar, appworld) down lower on the screen. When she tried to slide them back up to the top they dissappeared. She received an e-mail so the "messages" icon found it's way back on the screen but nothing of the others. I've tried to restart, hold the power button for 15 seconds, and hold the +/-volume and power buttons together for 15 seconds all to no avail. Please don't tell me I'll need to wipe it. Has anybody heard of this problem or how to fix it? Please help.
    I talked about this issue before, although some random folks on here who think they are smarter than everyone were against it. One of the steps you can take is to uninstall the apps that were removed from the screen through blackberry market and reinstall them. For the major apps that are not on the market, download app drawer from the market and you'll find major shortcuts to the apps. If all else fails you'll need to do a wipe.

Sent from my LG-E617G using Tapatalk 2
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-19-12 05:19 PM
    What is the "blackberry market" and how do I download anything if I have no browser?
    10-19-12 05:23 PM
    I think you should check out twisted reality link seems like it's a fix. Idk what the "BlackBerry Market " is either but I'm assuming they are talking about AppWorld.
    stillpointworks likes this.
    10-19-12 07:24 PM
    Haha I meant the blackberry appworld. Lol sorry too many devices.

Sent from my LG-E617G using Tapatalk 2
    10-19-12 07:27 PM
    I think you should check out twisted reality link seems like it's a fix. Idk what the "BlackBerry Market " is either but I'm assuming they are talking about AppWorld.

.I checked it out and it says "Simply move all the icons/folders to the shortcut bar and then restart, all my icons are now back." Problem is that I don't know how to move stuff to the shortcut bar or even what it is. Any suggestions?
    10-19-12 07:39 PM
    I'm assuming shortcut bar is the app dock.
    twstd.reality likes this.
    10-19-12 08:20 PM
    see attached. yours will only have the arrow on the right because all your icons have been moved to the app drawer.

1. tap an icon and hold. the PB will go into edit mode - you will see a little garbage can on the top left corner
    2. tap, hold, and drag each icon/folder to the shortcut bar to move it there. it will disappear and you will see an error message
    3. once you have moved every folder/icon you have into the shortcut bar, restart the PB
    4. after a restart all your icons should be back, and the default ones will be back in the shortcut bar.

I just did this yesterday after messing around with my icons. freaked out and found the fix on here. yay for crackberry.
    Attached Thumbnails Main icons gone, please help!-uploadfromtaptalk1350696581972.jpg  
    BlueRocks and jagrlover like this.
    10-19-12 08:36 PM
    yes, app dock! could not remember the name of it.....
    10-19-12 08:41 PM
    Thank you very much. It worked. You saved me quite a bit of trouble. If you asked me I'd say your reality is perfectly fine.
    10-19-12 09:47 PM
    Going to give this a try right now on my daughters PlayBook.
    I really hope it helps. Not looking forward to a wipe and re-install of the OS.
    10-20-12 09:15 PM
    Done!
    It worked!!! Awesome!!! Just made me and my 4 year old very happy!!! (She was quite upset about loosing her movies and games.)
    10-20-12 09:17 PM
    Okay, so it DOES work BUT once you try to move something else to the dock the error shows up yet again so the process has to be done all over to get everything to once again return.
    I really hope they release a fix for this ASAP.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    10-20-12 09:53 PM
    you don't have to wipe. there was a fix proposed by rash.m2k in one of the threads. I've tried it and it works. basically, move every icon/folder you have into the shortcut bar (so everything's disappeared) and restart. all your icons will be back but you'll have to redo your folders. I will see if I can find his post.

thread is here: Bug warning for 2.1 Official (Dock)! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    This has got to be the most hilarious fix ever.
    Imagine telling this to someone on windows.

Them: "Oh no! I just accidentally moved an important file to the recycling bin and then permanently deleted it, how do I get it back?? What do I do?"
    You: "You don't have to worry, basically move every icon/folder you have into the recycling bin, and delete them so they disappear and restart. All your icons will be back but you'll have to redo your folders."
    10-20-12 11:48 PM
    This is my 1st day of using device and I already discovered this bug. Spent about half an hour making different types of reset until found answer here. Taking in account that this bug presents for a long time ( since beta ) I think it should be named as a feature . Seems like RIM doesn't care much about it.
    Last edited by scr; 10-24-12 at 08:37 AM.
    10-24-12 07:51 AM
    hi can u please give detailed explanation because my native message app and calendar app had gone
    please reply asap
    10-24-12 11:07 AM
    I did exactly what was proposed in this thread and it worked for me:

"you don't have to wipe. there was a fix proposed by rash.m2k in one of the threads. I've tried it and it works. basically, move every icon/folder you have into the shortcut bar (so everything's disappeared) and restart. all your icons will be back but you'll have to redo your folders."

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-24-12 12:57 PM
    You literally drag ALL icons to the dock, in doing so they disappear then to restart the device and everything returns.
    Your folders you made yourself will not be there but what was once in the folders is still there.
    However, you cannot put anything in the dock or again it will disappear.

I hope they fix this. It is a pain in the a$$.
    10-24-12 06:23 PM
    should i drag all icons+folders to dock
    i'm afraid of draging ALL icons since they disappear does it work really well....
    10-24-12 09:45 PM
    Yep drag all icons and folders to the dock so that they disappear and then restart.

It does work. But just remember after you restart to not move anything to the dock or you will have to do the whole process again.
    10-25-12 11:45 AM
    Yep drag all icons and folders to the dock so that they disappear and then restart.

It does work. But just remember after you restart to not move anything to the dock or you will have to do the whole process again.
    So, does the dock remain empty or are there some default icons in the dock? Fortunately, I've not had the problem but I'm just trying to make sure I understand the entire process - in case!!!
    10-25-12 05:53 PM
40 12