Might make a few of you smile...

Attachment 96326
    FF22 and shupor like this.
    10-30-11 06:31 PM
    Might make a few of you smile...

Attachment 96326
    yes cute -

I keep wondering why anyone would want to do with out the little guy...it's an awesome combo.
    I mean ya gotta have a phone anyway...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-30-11 at 07:03 PM.
    10-30-11 07:00 PM
    yes cute -

I keep wondering why anyone would want to do with out the little guy...it's an awesome combo.
    I mean ya gotta have a phone anyway...
    seconded and agreed
    this combo is what makes the PB step outside and away from the common bunch of the pads and the droids .......
    Superfly_FR, mrbjr and Jake Storm like this.
    10-30-11 07:58 PM
    I don't know if you're serious or not. If so, then please keep in mind that not everybody can afford to just pick up a new phone at the drop of a hat. I'm willing to bet that most people buying tablets already own cellular phones. Secondly, not everybody wants a Blackberry phone.

I already have a cellular phone, and IMO it's absolutely outstanding. No Blackberry phone currently available would give me the flexibility that my current phone affords. I considered a Blackberry phone only because web-based email on the Playbook is terribly inefficient/insufficient, but I wasn't impressed by the current lineup. I couldn't justify getting a phone that's less capable than my current one, just so that I can have a real email client on my Playbook. I'll wait for the next gen BB phones and will revisit the question at that time.

I think the bridge functionality is a nice feature. It's unfortunate, though, that it's the only way to get convenient access to email and calendar functionality on the PB. It would have been nice if there were native clients to allow people to conveniently access their POP/IMAP mail. I, for example, have 3 email addresses that I use regularly, and 5 addresses in total. On every other touch device that I own I can easily check all of them in seconds. The process is so tedious via the web browser, though, that I don't even bother trying to check any of my email when using the PB.
    Last edited by zc1; 10-30-11 at 08:11 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-30-11 08:06 PM
    I... Don't think the playbook can do almost nothing without the Bridge..

/End.
    KRol and AZ87 like this.
    10-30-11 08:20 PM
    Well it's cute but if all people want a tablet for is email, pim and contacts then I guess it can't do anything without it's companion
    bquinney and Jake Storm like this.
    10-30-11 08:20 PM
    seconded and agreed
    this combo is what makes the PB step outside and away from the common bunch of the pads and the droids .......
    This is also why the pb is in the cold outside or sitting on many a cold warehouse shelf.
    10-30-11 09:17 PM
    I know its been said many times here but I will say it again.....If you dont like the Playbook you either 1: Have never used one or 2: are disgruntled about the late updates
    10-30-11 10:59 PM
    This is also why the pb is in the cold outside or sitting on many a cold warehouse shelf.
    Better there than in the hands of a m0r0n who constantly complains about what it doesn't do and feels as if they need to tell the world their "mad as **** and not going to take it anymore", and their selling/returning their PlayBook.
    bquinney and AZ87 like this.
    10-30-11 11:07 PM
    I know its been said many times here but I will say it again.....If you dont like the Playbook you either 1: Have never used one or 2: are disgruntled about the late updates
    ...or just don't like it. That's actually possible. It's not for everyone. Nothing is. Let's be open-minded.
    Superfly_FR, kbz1960 and AggreX like this.
    10-30-11 11:09 PM
    Better there than in the hands of a m0r0n who constantly complains about what it doesn't do and feels as if they need to tell the world their "mad as **** and not going to take it anymore", and their selling/returning their PlayBook.
    No need for that. Crossing the line, there.

Besides...there are two sides to every coin. There are people here with the extreme opposite of that view as well. Both are opinions, and neither is better than the other. Some are just more palatable, depending on where you sit in relation to the fence. Skip over what you don't like.
    Last edited by zc1; 10-30-11 at 11:12 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-30-11 11:10 PM
    No need for that. Crossing the line, there.

Besides...there are two sides to every coin. There are people here with the extreme opposite of that view as well. Both are opinions, and neither is better than the other. Some are just more palatable, depending on where you sit in relation to the fence. Skip over what you don't like.
    I didn't know there was a line. I guess my wording was a bit harsh but I am sure that I'm sitting on the same side of the "fence" as 90% of PB owners.
    10-30-11 11:35 PM
    Or it fails to perform as one expects an advanced PROFESSIONAL tablet created in 2011 by the company that makes bb phones which can do spellcheck, autotext and allow me to search in a pdf file, in a document file or on the currently displayed webpage. Or that fails to allow me to copy/paste either one cell or a block of cells in a spreadsheet. Or fails to allow to to rename or reorganize bookmarks. Or that does not support a2dp. Or that fails to allow easy placement of the cursor to fix the inevitable typos that _I_ make.

So, I have used it and I do own it (which answered another question from another cynic the other day). It should have had some of these things on launch. It should have had some of these things not long after launch. So I am not miffed at the latest failure for the update but at the PAST CONTINUING FAILURES to update including the latest failure.
    10-30-11 11:39 PM
    and..............there he goes.

lol miffed!
    Last edited by erhan8; 10-30-11 at 11:48 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-30-11 11:43 PM
    I didn't know there was a line. I guess my wording was a bit harsh but I am sure that I'm sitting on the same side of the "fence" as 90% of PB owners.
    90% eh?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...riends-664579/

I know surveys are not perfect but 90% still seems to be a huge overestimation
    10-30-11 11:47 PM
    Yep. Needs more fart apps, less flash, weaker communications, less portability, poorer hardware, less efficient OS, more clunky UI and a weaker build at a minimum to be marketable these days.
    Last edited by shootsscores; 10-31-11 at 12:10 AM.
    NaijaBerry and erhan8 like this.
    10-30-11 11:55 PM
    The same repeated complaints appear on nearly every smiley, happy, joyful PB thread. Its getting boring....
    erhan8 likes this.
    10-30-11 11:59 PM
    What I meant to say was PlayBook owners with a little technical knowhow and a bit more patience.
    10-31-11 12:00 AM
    I bet people at RIM read this forum and laugh their a$$es off. They really must be saying "look at our guinea pigs, they are fighting over an experimental tablet, ay. It's great we have these zealots who make the show so damn funny, ay."
    FF22 likes this.
    10-31-11 12:11 AM
    The same repeated complaints appear on nearly every smiley, happy, joyful PB thread. Its getting boring....
    Seriously...it really is getting boring. Its quite the killjoy to the crackberry forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    erhan8 and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-31-11 12:26 AM
    Or it fails to perform as one expects an advanced PROFESSIONAL tablet created in 2011 by the company that makes bb phones which can do spellcheck, autotext and allow me to search in a pdf file, in a document file or on the currently displayed webpage. Or that fails to allow me to copy/paste either one cell or a block of cells in a spreadsheet. Or fails to allow to to rename or reorganize bookmarks. Or that does not support a2dp. Or that fails to allow easy placement of the cursor to fix the inevitable typos that _I_ make.

So, I have used it and I do own it (which answered another question from another cynic the other day). It should have had some of these things on launch. It should have had some of these things not long after launch. So I am not miffed at the latest failure for the update but at the PAST CONTINUING FAILURES to update including the latest failure.
    2: disgruntled about updates would apply here
    10-31-11 08:08 PM
    I bought my PB for what it can do, not what I hoped it would do or what it will do tomorrow. I have gmail and Comcast email accounts I can access and use on their own sites without needing the bridge. I could care less about 99% of the apps I have seen on Ipad or others. I use a blackberry cell because I can get my emails and texts consistently in places no other can, there are not so many starbucks around where I go.

I am military and carry a LaRue OBR 7.62 and not a M4 because it fits what I do, I live in the Colorado mountains drive a 4x4 SUV and not Chev volt because I want to get to were I am going. I have a blackberry PB because it fits my needs.....its not that any of these others are bad or what I use is better than them.....they are just better for what I do.......its all very simple.
    Foppa_21, erhan8 and jafobabe like this.
    11-01-11 09:23 AM
    I bought my PB for what it can do, not what I hoped it would do or what it will do tomorrow. I have gmail and Comcast email accounts I can access and use on their own sites without needing the bridge. I could care less about 99% of the apps I have seen on Ipad or others. I use a blackberry cell because I can get my emails and texts consistently in places no other can, there are not so many starbucks around where I go.

I am military and carry a LaRue OBR 7.62 and not a M4 because it fits what I do, I live in the Colorado mountains drive a 4x4 SUV and not Chev volt because I want to get to were I am going. I have a blackberry PB because it fits my needs.....its not that any of these others are bad or what I use is better than them.....they are just better for what I do.......its all very simple.
    Well said.
    11-01-11 09:35 AM
    The funny thing is this.

If the Blackberry phone could do what the Playbook can, would you carry two devices? No. That's just silly or at the most extreme fanyboy'ism...

An iPhone for the most part can do everything an iPad can do, so there is no need to carry two devices.
    11-01-11 11:08 AM
    The funny thing is this.

If the Blackberry phone could do what the Playbook can, would you carry two devices? No. That's just silly or at the most extreme fanyboy'ism...

An iPhone for the most part can do everything an iPad can do, so there is no need to carry two devices.
    Seriously??????
    11-01-11 11:53 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD