iPhone 4 16Gig white verizon. I'm probably just gonna end up saving up and buying a 9930, and keeping this as a back up. I've made some progress with this! Turns out I left out a few files doing the folder with the swf's. Now I get a white screen of an embedded flash player -_____- I'm gonna keep working at it and post the final How-To.
I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING!
Here's the directions for Windows and Steam only, so far to play this beautiful game on our PlayBooks:
1. Download EXE2SWF: Extract SWF files from Flash Executables - Northcode Inc.
2. Navigate to: C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\machinarium
3. Copy the machinarium folder (I pasted it to my desktop).
4. Open up EXE2SWF and then navigate to wherever you put the copied machinarium folder and chose machinarium.exe this will give you a bunch of .swf files.
5. Delete the mp3 folder "EP extras" one, and the machinarium.exe.
6. keep all of the other swf's rename the one, 000004.swf to machinarium.swf.
7. open your text editor, make a file called machinarium.htm insert the following:
<html> <title>Machinarium</title> <body bgcolor="black"> <object> <embed width="100%" height="100%" src="machinarium.swf"> </embed> </object> </body> </html>
9. Were almost done! Now, use some sort of file browser to navigate to where you put the folder now tap "machinarium.htm".
10. It should work great if you've followed the directions exactly.
For making a fantastic game: Amanita Design, Amanita Design
For making a wonderful tablet: RIM
For putting this original method together: jhoff80 at PreCentral.net forums!
Also please don't pirate this game, Don't be a ****.
it's silky smooth. it runs just as well as on my thinkpad. to get to your items, you need to tap the bezel area a bit. I can't figure out how to open up the game menu on our playbooks yet, but it saves after each completed puzzle. tell meif you hit any road bumps!
- CrackBerry Addict
09-11-2011, 03:39 PM #12
- 865 Posts
I use windows. I'm finding it hard to understand Step 2 & 3. How did you get machinarium file on your comp? Where did you download it from. And is this the full version.LimeTrip: App Reviews, Tips & Tricks, Giveaways, Beta Testing and more...
Download Official LimeTripBlog App: http://goo.gl/GzK7I
- CrackBerry Abuser
09-11-2011, 07:59 PM #13
- 179 Posts
- You can Ask
This works! Thanks so much for the effort and post. You are right about the menu. I found that I had to tap the machinarium.swf in order to work. The machinarium.htm only gave me black screen that changed to white then froze. It plays smooth, but is just a bit slower than a PC. Easy to install through the file transfer within BBDM. Thanks!
are you talking about the pole that you kick that's above the little lake? if so, you don't climb that. try thinking a bit harder you need to use the magnet and rope for something...about the menu, I have literally no idea why it wont work. the item menu on the other hand, you need to tap the top left corner of the screen, a bit on the bezel. I know it's a pain in the *** but, until they release the game...that's all I got.