how do I find the MAC address on my playbook?

I read a post that says go to gear icon > About > drop down menu Network, but all it says is "No interfaces found" :-/
    11-10-12 01:37 AM
    You need to be connected to your wireless network first, then check under network..,
    11-10-12 02:04 AM
    Thanks. Ugh... The reason why I ask is that I think my dad may have set up the router so that it now restricts access to certain devices (long story as to why).

As an alternative, I am thinking about getting a blackberry phone, and just connect to the internet through bluetooth and tethering.

For those living in Canada, Ontario... is there a cap or limit to the amount of GB in your internet plan, or is it unlimited data? (Sorry btw for the newbie questions. I'm not that tech savvy and I'm just recently trying to figure all this out).
    11-10-12 03:31 AM
    To get MAC address do this:
    Settings -> Wi-fi -> Click on the Signal sign with question mark on the bottom left corner of the new pane -> Diagnostic Information should be "Device Information" -> Physical address is the MAC address

You need to be connected to your wireless network first, then check under network..,
    Don't think it is necessary to be connected.. MAC address is a hardware ID..

Thanks. Ugh... The reason why I ask is that I think my dad may have set up the router so that it now restricts access to certain devices (long story as to why).
    Just add that MAC address to your router white list.. I do that too at my place..
    11-10-12 05:09 AM
    Use the GEAR/Options Icon (upper right after swiping down). Then ABOUT, use the drop-down and select Network. Mac Address is the last item. And as noted, mac address of a device is specific (assigned at manufacture, I'd guess). It is couplets of 99:99:99:99:99 where those 9's are hex values (contains both numbers and/or letters from A-F)
    11-10-12 09:19 AM
    As an alternative, I am thinking about getting a blackberry phone, and just connect to the internet through bluetooth and tethering.

For those living in Canada, Ontario... is there a cap or limit to the amount of GB in your internet plan, or is it unlimited data? (Sorry btw for the newbie questions. I'm not that tech savvy and I'm just recently trying to figure all this out).
    Welcome to the forum.

You don't really tether through a Blackberry. It's called bridging. Bridging uses your existing BB data plan. Most providers charge extra for tethering.
    Before this turns into a long thread of "My ISP doesn't charge extra.", yes there are some that don't charge extra for tethering.

Data caps have nothing to do with where you live. It's different for each provider, eg: Rogers, Bell, Telus and the rest.

By the way, you can tell your Dad that MAC address filtering only blocks amateurs. It's fairly easy to get around.
    11-10-12 09:54 AM
    Grey Ghost Ros explained it. But I'll be redundant.Should emphasize that under the wifi gear/device you find physical address which is used as the Tablet MAC address. As said this is available when you are not connected on a network. If you go to the ABOUT gear setting you will find it called MAC address but you wont see it if not connected. There is another MAC address listed under wifi gear which I presume refers to the router.
    11-10-12 09:28 PM
    Not sure which region of Ontario you live in. Check out Teksavvy. It has unlimited usage. Best price regardless of what plan you choose.
    11-10-12 11:44 PM
    Not sure which region of Ontario you live in. Check out Teksavvy. It has unlimited usage. Best price regardless of what plan you choose.
    Vif, available in certain areas of Ontario, is cheaper.
    11-11-12 08:04 AM