They can keep their money and I'll keep my four PlayBooks. I just want a faster browser and my Bridge back for my Z10. I don't know why we can't get these just fixed! I don't need/want BB10 on my PlayBook!
    I agree. I love my playbook but would also love the browser fixed so no more checkerboarding, faster loading and bookmarks that can be re-arranged. Also please fix bridge on Z10 as it was before with full functionality. This would keep most people happy and I think would be considered a REASONABLE loyalty reward.
    Wayne
    cmdr_dan likes this.
    07-18-13 01:53 AM
    Who cares my PlayBook still works! I expect no loyalty reward.

Posted via CB10
    Yes Thor, at your service...tell me what I should do and I do it :-)
    dmlis and anon(4044683) like this.
    07-18-13 01:56 AM
    The PB came out April 19, 2011 and BB10 came out in 2013.
    Thor talked himself into a corner by promising BB10 for it only to backtrack when the 2-3 year old hardware creaked under it. But he had to say something to give the PB 4G some impetus.
    If people want to see how a stretch that is then remember the 9900 came out the same year and is considered "very old news" everywhere.
    Thor really made a mis-step there. If resources were permitting he could only have mitigated this by launching a PB 2 with specs that would show just how much PB1 fell short. Before everyone screams it wouldnt sell much they would roll out PB2 the way they did the 4G PB. Purely on demand, cause fact is the PB1 is still the "latest and greatest" (and conspicuously only) tablet from BBRY.
    Last edited by Blackberry_boffin; 07-18-13 at 04:41 AM. Reason: addition comment
    07-18-13 04:39 AM
    The best loyalty reward that we should be getting is something like a full bridge function between our BB10 phones and PlayBook... plus an improved browser... and compatibility of BB10 apps and games with our PlayBook... that's surely a worthy "loyalty rewards" to loyalty customers...

Posted via Z10
    schwede and cmdr_dan like this.
    07-18-13 04:46 AM
    Loyalty Reward: The 2014 Executives of BBRY Pin-Up Calendar.
    07-18-13 05:35 AM
    Would I love to get a $100 rebate check for buying a PlayBook and a BB10 device? Sure!

Would I be happy if we got an update that allowed us to run BB10 Apps and restored Bridge? Sure!

Do I believe that BBRY is really considering any thing close to either of these? S..U..R..E?
    jcsf123 likes this.
    07-18-13 07:16 AM
    Speaking of Bridges, I hear BBRY has 3.1 billion in bridge assets.. Especially the one in NYC?

Anyone buying because they are selling...?
    07-18-13 07:44 AM
    Why would they? I got my 2 years of enjoyment out of it and I'll continue to use it as is. I don't see the big deal really.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    07-18-13 08:24 AM
    it's a 2 year tablet you got for $99 I think people should stop crying..

edit - And, it's still probably as fast as anything on the market.

Also, why do people need a bridge to a slightly larger lower res screen, I could understand even with my old torch but it was a novelty/gimmick.

Bold worked well but it doesn't matter now.
    07-18-13 09:05 AM
    So they're lying about thinking and considering something?

Your title is unnecessarily aggressive.

Posted via CB10
    you sure read into that.
    07-18-13 09:23 AM
    it's a 2 year tablet you got for $699 when it was first released I think people should stop crying having legitimate concerns..

There fixed it for you.

07-18-13 09:39 AM
    Loyalty reward for your PB?

Thats funny
    07-18-13 09:52 AM
    Loyalty reward for your PB?
    For believing what they promised and keep holding on...

And it is not funny... that's silly, I believe...
    07-18-13 10:00 AM
    The reward is a used PlayBook at a greatly discounted price!

But you have to find it and buy it yourself.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    07-18-13 10:06 AM
    I don't expect anything. I'm not sure I want it.

It would feel like they're saying: "Congratulations, here's a prize for being stupid enough to invest time and money in a platform we were ill-equipped and incompetent to support in the first place. We wish we had more customers like you."
    Grumblegrumble, Ragwan and FF22 like this.
    07-18-13 10:22 AM
    ^^Still deserve to have "loyalty reward"... ;-)
    07-18-13 10:29 AM
    Loyalty reward won't happen. You won't get anything back from BlackBerry, sorry.

Thorsten 'considering' such ideas is as good as an outright 'no'.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and anon(4044683) like this.
    07-18-13 11:16 AM
    i think i got my reward. the community donated board. is in perfect condition for a jtag. :-D expect some good news soon. chespo is the man. the old fart found the perfect board i was looking for. i think we got ourselves the reward. :-D
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-18-13 11:18 AM
    Exactly I feel the same. Treated badly for buying PB and Z10 on the very first day.

Personally having bought a PlayBook 64GB the day it came out and a BlackBerry Z10 the day it came out, and paid full price for both I expect nothing less than $600.00 or a BlackBerry A10 when it comes out. Those are the only 2 things I could accept to remain a die hard BB fan.
    07-18-13 11:19 AM
    that's a little ridiculous. there is no logic to that knowing the way the phone industry works and the growth rate of technology.
    07-18-13 11:35 AM
    I have been wearing Hanes briefs for over 50 years and have spent much more on them than on my BlackBerry devices but they have Never offered me a reward of Any kind! The cheap ba$*****!
    07-18-13 11:42 AM
    Sorry, if I stand in line to get something on launch day, its because I wanted it, not because I care to tell other people when I got it.
    Don't know why your apologizing, but okay. Would your "want" have been less satisfied if you got it the next day, or the day after that? Thanks for the insight though; i need to add "I got it on launch day because i wanted it" to the list of symptoms. Awesome!
    07-18-13 12:25 PM
    Quoted from someone above:
    "it's a 2 year tablet you got for $699 when it was first released I think people should stop crying having legitimate concerns.."

I have spent much more money and got much less in return on more than one occasion so I don't really expect much this time, but if they are giving any loyalty rewards the loyal people that bought them first should get the rewards first, just saying...
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-18-13 12:50 PM
    Be sure that it's red like their stock!
    07-18-13 01:25 PM
    Kevin just did an editorial on the PlayBook and how it fared in the Mega Survey.

At the end he said

And I think that's the take away from this survey. The loyal PlayBook user base, which is also a loyal BlackBerry 10 user base, needs some BlackBerry love, one way or another. Ideally, it feels like doing something to upgrade the PlayBook OS, even a little, would go along away. In lieu of that, some sort of good faith gesture. And certainly, moving forward, no users want to be facing this situation again of broken BlackBerry promises.
    I'm glad he feels this way... just wish he had gotten a little more out of TH on this. As long as people are hoping for some type of loyalty reward (or payoff), I don't see us being able to move on. And I bet that those numbers that deal with peoples "goodwill" toward BlackBerry will continue to change for the worst.

I think we do need to move on - I think Thor needs to either tell us he is sorry and would like to reward us by ______ , or tell us to got suck an egg. Either way we will never forget it, but we be able to put it behind us and move on (or most likely away).
    07-18-13 02:08 PM
118 ... 2345