I set up Mail last night and it is "kick " great. My Playbook is sitting in the charge stand on the corner of my desk monitoring five Gmail accounts, twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Then I hear a beep or the red LED is flashing I know there is activity.

The set up was a breeze and was completed in 20 minutes. I don't understand all the negativity, OS2 is fantastic. Mail alone is enough for me, the rest of the features "icing on the cake"

Now to the iPad 2, I have been using my wife's every morning and evening for mail. With OS2, the Playbook is now a significantly superior product. The only time I will touch the iPad is for a few paid games like "Where's My Water" or to Facetime my daughter.
    02-22-12 09:30 AM
    Yeh, my iPad1 is now used for Words With Friends, Zinio (coming soon to PB) and Sonos Controller! Not to mention that it runs slower than molasses since upgrading to OS5, something I found to be the complete opposite on my PB with OS2!
    02-22-12 09:45 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    great post JohnBoy28! .. I agree .. I use my Playbook all the time now also! ...
    02-22-12 10:10 AM
    get your daughter a pb and you can video chat her instead of face time!
    02-22-12 10:16 AM
    As I have posted before, although the PB doesn't have the amount of apps apple and android have, it has what I need and what I require. Again, my gripe back then with PB was the lack of native email, contacts and calendar. All of this was remedied by OS2.0.

Thus, I am a happy camper and contended with my PB. This is not to mention the same there features OS2.0 brought us.
    02-22-12 10:49 AM
    get your daughter a pb and you can video chat her instead of face time!
    I bought my son and son-in-law Playbooks so now I just need a few addition game apps and the iPad will go from gathering dust to mothballs.
    02-22-12 10:58 AM
    I set up Mail last night and it is "kick " great. My Playbook is sitting in the charge stand on the corner of my desk monitoring five Gmail accounts, twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Then I hear a beep or the red LED is flashing I know there is activity.

The set up was a breeze and was completed in 20 minutes. I don't understand all the negativity, OS2 is fantastic. Mail alone is enough for me, the rest of the features "icing on the cake"

Now to the iPad 2, I have been using my wife's every morning and evening for mail. With OS2, the Playbook is now a significantly superior product. The only time I will touch the iPad is for a few paid games like "Where's My Water" or to Facetime my daughter.
    I feel like someone should be saying something along the lines of "congratulations, you are the one millionth poster to bring up the iPad while supposedly discussing a Playbook." Well you like your Playbook. I hope so since you evidently bought it. As far as the perpetual comments about the other device - so what.... I have never bought an Apple product and never will (same goes for Android) but I also do not see the point of using them as a ruler or measuring stick for my own purchases, decisions, etc..
    02-22-12 10:58 AM
    How do you get rid of the sigline it drops in your reply email...??

Besides the obvious erasing it...? Is there any settings for the email??
    02-22-12 11:10 AM
    How do you get rid of the sigline it drops in your reply email...??

Besides the obvious erasing it...? Is there any settings for the email??
    Open mail, swip down for settings, go to preferences, and then account. Then turn off "enable signature"
    02-22-12 01:10 PM
    I feel like someone should be saying something along the lines of "congratulations, you are the one millionth poster to bring up the iPad while supposedly discussing a Playbook." Well you like your Playbook. I hope so since you evidently bought it. As far as the perpetual comments about the other device - so what.... I have never bought an Apple product and never will (same goes for Android) but I also do not see the point of using them as a ruler or measuring stick for my own purchases, decisions, etc..
    FACT: iPad outsells Paybook 100 to 1
    FACT: I have used both regularly so am very aware of the differences
    FACT: I was not that pleased with my Playbook prior to Tuesday
    FACT: Now it is a far better product
    02-22-12 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD