Owned my PB since early December. Read hundreds of posts here that, at some point or another, note a) how the postef loves their PB tablet b) no one else in [pick one] their neighborhood, work, family or circle of friends even knows there is a PlayBook.

Sooooooo the company whose tablet product we all love, defend, and want to see flourish ......has $2B in the bank??

For goodness sake could we drop some advertising dough here in the States?? Wouldn't some of these "holdback" app developers become more engaged in porting Android apps or native app development to the PB world if they saw dollars spent (commitment) by RIM on advertising/marketing??

I still get looks of shock when I show people what this puppy can do. But I don't have 2B in the bank.... Why am I (and my fellow PB owners the "marketing dept"?

Let's start a new petition:. Dear Thors and Alex, spend some advertising money, would ya?!?!
    miker476 likes this.
    04-03-12 07:53 PM
    One would think that RIM would have learned by know how important advertising is.
    04-03-12 08:03 PM
    Preach on brother. RIM has a great product if they would tell somebody. The commercials they do run are really have a&&. I don't know why a company wouldn't advertise.
    04-03-12 08:04 PM
    I know more about the Samsung Note after watching the ad 3 times on tv than I did about the Playbook/other BB products after watching their ads. It should be noted that I can't remember the last time I saw a BB ad...
    04-03-12 11:07 PM
    Advertising is not RIM's biggest problem by far, IHMO.

RIM needs to really figure out what it wants to advertise.
    04-03-12 11:14 PM
    I couldnt agree more. I just sold my samsyng tab 10.1 to get the ipad 3. Had that for a few days and returned it (previously owned ipad 2). After reading numerous reviewa and watching videos...I love the way the playbook os functions. I should have it tmw and cant wait to enjoy it. Oh the reason I rerurned the ipad 3 is due to size and portability its just not their for me. I wish rim would advertise the pb as it has some great features.
    04-03-12 11:15 PM
    Because of past success with word of mouth on their early products, maybe RIM is biased against advertising (or just inexperienced).
    IMO the current market for tablets and phones is totally different, and requires a tight/strong Product-Marketing-Advertising direction. Yes on advertising, but well-integrated with product marketing strategy. That's harder to do, but essential in today's marketplace that is crowded with competition.
    04-04-12 02:49 AM
    Word of mouth is what's going to save RIM, not a bunch of TV ads and what not.
    04-04-12 02:52 AM
    I've seen Playbook adverts all over the Internet, on Facebook too. I'm gonna start taking screenshots of them for you skeptics.
    04-04-12 03:05 AM
    Take shots of the TV ads too.
    04-04-12 05:04 AM
    One would think that RIM would have learned by know how important advertising is.
    Until a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is hired the advertising will continue down the road of irrelevance and missed opportunity. Sadly, a CMO alone is not going to transform their marketing efforts or lack thereof. The current marketing team needs to be terminated and replaced, even if that means outsourcing to a professional marketing firm. Amateur hour is over.
    04-04-12 05:09 AM
    Word of mouth is what's going to save RIM, not a bunch of TV ads and what not.
    I agree.

Now that I think of it, I have seen way more RIM commercials than others in the last 90 days.

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    04-04-12 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD