I was in a Canadian Staples today getting some ink for my printer and too a look at the clearance table to see if there were any PlayBook accessories on clearance. I was looking for one of the chargers, since they also work for the new phones, but couldn't find any. Just after Christmas I had picked up a couple international chargers for about $4.50 each. I did find a selection of Playbook cases priced from just over $2 for the softshell cases to about $6 for the convertible cases. I bought a soft shell case for my son's PlayBook and a leather sleeve for myself.

The surprise on the clearance table was a selection of incipio iPhone 5 cases. Its not unusual to see iPhone cases on the clearance table, but usually they are more generic brands and for the older models. I don't know what to conclude from this. Perhaps there is a problem with the cases, or they ordered too many, or there is not much demand for them.
    03-24-13 03:18 PM
    You gotta love finds like those.
    03-24-13 03:25 PM
    Yep. Gotta get it while you can.
    03-24-13 06:21 PM
    Just like all consumer goods they have to make room for the latest ! Some places the store mgr decides to make room for new stock coming in ....

Re: Staples at a couple YYC locations I was told it was corp. decision, at another I was told it store mgr decision.

.... Get it while ya can !

nite
    03-24-13 06:47 PM
    I was in a Canadian Staples today getting some ink for my printer and too a look at the clearance table to see if there were any PlayBook accessories on clearance. I was looking for one of the chargers, since they also work for the new phones, but couldn't find any. Just after Christmas I had picked up a couple international chargers for about $4.50 each. I did find a selection of Playbook cases priced from just over $2 for the softshell cases to about $6 for the convertible cases. I bought a soft shell case for my son's PlayBook and a leather sleeve for myself.

The surprise on the clearance table was a selection of incipio iPhone 5 cases. Its not unusual to see iPhone cases on the clearance table, but usually they are more generic brands and for the older models. I don't know what to conclude from this. Perhaps there is a problem with the cases, or they ordered too many, or there is not much demand for them.
    Or their gearing up for a new Iphone release.
    03-24-13 07:29 PM
    Or their gearing up for a new Iphone release.
    Of course they are lol when are they not!
    03-25-13 11:36 AM
    I was at a Staples a few weeks ago and also found a tonne of incipio cases on the clearance table. Thought it was interesting to see. A number of other iphone accessories were there as well.
    03-25-13 02:10 PM