Yea, see if I left it on a bus, the playbook won't randomly connect to a wifi network etc...

Even if they did find it, learning gestures would be a rocket science.... so they think it'd be broken, let alone finding it.

So I hope somebody finds it, gave up and just sell it and somebody on craigslist tells me! That'd be the day I'm waiting for

I wanted to rename this to The Official "I Lost my PlayBook" Thread since it'd take a lot to share that experience, AND go out to buy ANOTHER playbook lolz...
    Last edited by Maiev; 10-13-11 at 04:15 PM.
    10-13-11 04:05 PM
    Just saying the "lost" device has to be connected to wifi. - would the finder likely have the sense/knowledge/ability/wifi access to do this?

cant assume it will be found by a techie, or even someone who knows how to wake up the thing or charge it.
    I'm sure anyone who ends up with a PB could Google enough info to use it.
    10-13-11 05:12 PM
    For comparison, Apple has the Find iPhone app, that also works with wifi-only iPod Touches - provided that the iPod is connected to the Internet. One can locate the device (within the limits of ISP locating), make a noise, send a message, lock, and wipe.

The flaw is that if the device has a passcode set, then the finder or thief won't be able to get it connected to the Internet - so none of this works.

When my son's iPod was "borrowed", I thought about talking our open wifi router (with the correct SSID) for a drive to various suspect dwellings to see if we could find the iPod that way. As it turns out, it was returned the next day anyway.

Good luck finding your PB...
    10-13-11 08:00 PM
    Well I started it doing it on Twitter..., then some craigslist/kijiji, now even CB helping me haha!

So it went from slim, to better than slim, to GOOD! !

Well if you ask me.. what's inside. Nothing personal (afterall, that's why it's call bridge !) but 16k pictures basically, all pictures taken in my life :P all inside my playbook yes, I really enjoyed carrying it around and showing it, quite an entertainment.

Too bad, its so portable that it slipped out ;;

I can reorganize the album again, that's just pure painful lol...

Still, I'd probably go back to a playbook. I played with friends' ipad and xoom... meh, bridge surfing on real browser is too good to pass....

*crosses finger* hope somebody out there finds it :3
    10-13-11 11:58 PM
    Hope you find it.
    10-14-11 12:38 AM
    I just gave a call to RIM, and no they say they can't do absolutely 100% nothing about lost playbook, not even disable appworld (not that they can make purchases) lol...

Guess you are really screwed if you do lose it :3
    Oh, sorry about that, it's weird. I'm quite sure they do have the materials to do this.
    But maybe there's a privacy issue ... have to get a lawyer and maybe an official police complain ?

Hang on ten !
    Wish you luck.
    10-14-11 03:58 AM
    Unfortunately, it doesn't have playbook protect to trace it down

Anyway... I'm probably going to buy a new one because.. I love playbook but!

If anyone somehow is out there and found a playbook with SN 1343 4205 6763, I'll trade them with a new playbook sealed or another prize on my find playbook website ;;

Find Mai PlayBook | Find my playbook please ;; Toronto

Help me find !!

Lemme know if you guys find it D:!
    So is this like a contest? Scavenger hunt type contest? Only avaliable to Canadians? Or did you genuinly lose your PB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 05:14 AM
    i posted it on my twitter and facebook ; >

good luck to you!
    10-14-11 08:56 AM
    use BB Protect to display a message on the screen and maybe the finder will be kind enough to do it. I found a Ipod touch and returned it...wouldn't wanted one anyway LOL
    10-14-11 09:25 AM
    Sorry to say your probably not going to get it back, I'd return it if I found it.....
    10-14-11 10:17 AM
    So is this like a contest? Scavenger hunt type contest? Only avaliable to Canadians? Or did you genuinly lose your PB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's reward if you find it.. just like people finding dogs and cats.

Yes, I did lose it and I even have a lost article report filed with Toronto police.

Mines pretty well kept, conditions are like "new", so I wouldn't mind giving a sealed PB 64gb for whoever help finding it. I mean if you find the playbook in New York still in tact (and of course, magically data still there).

I think finding it is slim, but I've heard it being done before on twitter etc, so I'm giving it a try :3 DevCon is coming up so it's probably going to announce some new things but meh, I'm going to try this method till Oct 31!
    10-14-11 11:40 AM
    its long gone and formatted for a fresh start. someone got a score.
    10-15-11 10:18 AM
    Did you find your PlayBook? I know I said it before, but I really wanted that free plane trip, that would be so awesome!

My younger brother has cancer and wants to rent a jet ski, get a long running start down the river, fly it over the falls and get it all on tape for YouTube! I think the chemo is getting to his head. I told him about the plane trip and he wants me to find your PB, win the trip and film it all from the plane.
    10-30-11 06:55 PM
    Did you find your PlayBook? I know I said it before, but I really wanted that free plane trip, that would be so awesome!

My younger brother has cancer and wants to rent a jet ski, get a long running start down the river, fly it over the falls and get it all on tape for YouTube! I think the chemo is getting to his head. I told him about the plane trip and he wants me to find your PB, win the trip and film it all from the plane.
    Have you talked to make-a-wish foundation about that? I don't know if they have an age limit for fulfilling wishes....

Sorry to hear this.
    10-30-11 07:05 PM
    Have you talked to make-a-wish foundation about that? I don't know if they have an age limit for fulfilling wishes....

Sorry to hear this.
    Probably is an age limit, but what he is proposing is of course illegal, not to mention sure death, but he would rather go out that way than die in a hospital bed hooked up to a bunch of tubes, needless to say our mom was not happy when she found out about some of his ideas, oddly our old man gets it, but will not condone it.
    10-30-11 10:38 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD