was out visiting with some friends today and I either left it in a store bathroom or it fell out of the side pocket i use on my car door. I will be calling the store tomorrow to see if its there. otherwise im out a playbook

it was pw protected. I'm wondering if whoever finds it will be able to somehow wipe it or is it essentially an expensive paper weight for them.

I also am wondering if I should buy a replacement right away or wait till 0S2.0 releases or even further price drops come. I wonder if v2 playbook is in the works???

well its sad its gone. I am wishing it was my phone instead because I have blackberry protect installed on it and it would be easier to locate and find. It would be cool if blackberry protect for the playbook came out. Could have made my evening more enjoyable.
    10-04-11 01:32 AM
    It's pretty cheap now, so I would just purchase a new one as soon as possible!
    Sorry about your loss, it's always difficult getting over the loss of a loved one.
    Guyzer likes this.
    10-04-11 01:49 AM
    Sorry mate... get a new one, can't beat $299!

All the best
    Guyzer and Artwerks like this.
    10-04-11 06:11 AM
    Sorry for your loss.

The PlayBook needs an owner section, turn it on, owners info pops up, press ok, goes to menu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Guyzer likes this.
    10-04-11 06:18 AM
    How do you loose a tablet? Seriously, I feel your pain and anguish. But how do you forget a tablet in a bathroom, a public restroom at that? The tablet falling out of the door pocket seems less likely unless your car/truck has very shallow storage panels in the doors. Then again you might be pulling our leg in hopes someone on the forum will buy you a replacement. Questions abound... Yet, if the story is true, the absence of BlackBerry Protect should be a wake-up call to Research In Motion. There is a new product coming out to help manage BlackBerry PlayBooks which does not require a BES or BES Express server. Even adding the BlackBerry PlayBook to free BlackBerry Management Center which integrates BlackBerry Protect features would be nice for some users like yourself. Maybe a good Samaritan will turn it in at the store if that is where the tablet went MIA. Next time, put your telephone number or email address on the outside of the tablet or inside the case. The sale prices will be ending soon at some retailers so you might want to buy a replacement now. Oh, did you buy extended warranty which covers loss?
    10-04-11 06:43 AM
    If only it had Blackberry Protect, you may have stood a chance of finding it.

Maybe in OS2.0?
    bquinney likes this.
    10-04-11 06:44 AM
    I lost mine.

I used Bluetooth connectivity to find it.

They need to make a Blackberry Protect ASAP.

Or just a way to make your PB make a sound via Bridge.
    10-04-11 07:14 AM
    If only it had Blackberry Protect, you may have stood a chance of finding it.

Maybe in OS2.0?
    LOL. Even if it did the GPS isn't reliably accurate enough to help you find it right now. It has improved every release, but still buggy with pinpointing you.
    10-04-11 07:21 AM
    I went to the store early this morning. first customer and thought possibly it was there. like the other poster i was thinking how could i leave it in a public bathroom. realized this morning there is no way I could have done this. it was my only hope of finding it though

it most likely fell out the side pocket. its the only explanation. though the pocket does sit at about half the height of the playbook its the only way I could have lost it.

i definitely have to try bluetooth connectivity right now. even though i turned the car inside out thinking my buddy who sat in the passenger seat moved it when he sat down since that is where I normally put it when im alone.

i wish I thought of this bluetooth thing earlier. when I went into the store its possible she had found it before me. if this was the case the bluetooth would have auto-connected since i had a full charge last night and noticed the playbook lasts quite a while in standby.

as for trying to get a good samaritan to buy me a new one by posting on crackberry I highly doubt that ever happens. who would want to buy a guy who has a less than stellar record for keeping electronics in my possession???

regarding a full warranty and covering loss, im glad i never got it because the cost for that, is almost the cost for a new one now.

you guys really think the sales are going to end? what about playbook2? any news about that?
    10-04-11 09:07 AM
    I lost mine.

i did the same thing hahaha as soon as i got in the area it started to chime
    10-04-11 11:09 AM
    I found a 32g one several months ago in the grocery store parking lot. I turned it in to there customer service. A month later they called me and told me to come pick it up as no one had claimed it.
    I played with it for a week and then gave it to a neighbor kid down the street. I have a Xoom so I had no use for it. I saw him a couple of days ago walking home from school and asked him about it, apparently him and his little friends left it laying in the driveway and his Mom ran over it with their minivan. I guess it had suicidal tendencies and wasn't meant to be.
    Guyzer likes this.
    10-04-11 11:30 AM
    I found a 32g one several months ago in the grocery store parking lot. I turned it in to there customer service. A month later they called me and told me to come pick it up as no one had claimed it.
    I played with it for a week and then gave it to a neighbor kid down the street. I have a Xoom so I had no use for it. I saw him a couple of days ago walking home from school and asked him about it, apparently him and his little friends left it laying in the driveway and his Mom ran over it with their minivan. I guess it had suicidal tendencies and wasn't meant to be.
    a xoom, lol
    10-04-11 11:35 AM
    Guess it missed the previous owner very much u.u
    10-04-11 11:40 AM
    Sorry for your loss On the upside, prices are low now so maybe you can replace ?
    Guyzer likes this.
    10-04-11 11:42 AM
    The new owner will eventually find their way to crackberry and make a post - "found playbook does anyone know how to get past password protection?" Then you got your man.

For honest finders, crackberry needs a lost and found section.
    Guyzer, MsTiaLia and NursingNinja like this.
    10-04-11 11:53 AM
    Guess it missed the previous owner very much u.u
    I guess, first it jumped out of a car and that didn't work so it decided to jump under one and that did the trick. Moral is gravel driveways and minivans are not good for electronics.
    10-04-11 12:03 PM
    The new owner will eventually find their way to crackberry and make a post - "found playbook does anyone know how to get past password protection?" Then you got your man.

For honest finders, crackberry needs a lost and found section.
    LOL, that would be a big time FAIL.

Sorry about your loss, that would drive me nuts!

Here are a couple true "good Samaritan" stories that happened to a couple friends of mine:

1) one friend was traveling from Kansas to DC, he left his laptop on top of his car and fell off, he had his name/address/phone# on his laptop and the person who found it actually mailed it back to him.

2) one friend dropped her wallet in Ocean City, MD one summer (mostly a teenage town during the summer) the person who found it mailed it back to her, nothing missing (credit cards, cash, etc).

Of course it's rare but there are still some honest people out there, GL!!
    Guyzer likes this.
    10-04-11 12:13 PM
    a xoom, lol
    "Ignorance is bliss".
    black hole likes this.
    10-04-11 12:13 PM
    a xoom, lol
    LOL, that was wrong but funny!
    10-04-11 12:17 PM
    I'm very surprised that SOMEBODY hasn't already come out with a "finder" app! Sorry for your loss bro. I'd be freaking out if I misplaced or lossed mine!
    Guyzer likes this.
    10-04-11 02:16 PM
    The problem with finder apps or protect is that the PlayBook is WiFi only, so there is no way of it "phoning" back its location to RIM unless it was in an area with WiFi already setup on the PB and automatically connects to it. And if the device is locked, the new "owner" can't configure WiFi, so it could "phone" home.
    Guyzer likes this.
    10-04-11 02:22 PM
    I had my stolen too...the "fortunate" thing arising from the theft is that I was able to pick up a new one at reduced price and moved up to a 64gb!
    CNParrish likes this.
    10-04-11 02:23 PM
    Well most likely going to buy a new 16 gig. Heard staples had a promo where you get 150 in playbook gear. Im really wanting the keyboard case combo that kevin showed off earlier. I'm wondering when/if that will ever be released.
    BlackBerry PlayBook Bluetooth Keyboard in Leather BlackBerry Case - YouTube
    10-04-11 05:54 PM
    I lost mine.

Yeah , we saw the video - awesome job fanboy! lol.
    Losing playbook gives superhuman strength!
    10-04-11 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD