Does anyone know where I can download the demo video that came on the playbook? I did a factory reset and this went away.

Thanks,

Darren
    04-25-11 05:15 AM
    A few threads on this already....can someone with the movie provide a download link (please!) What is most disturbing, I backed up my device WITH the video intact just before I did the reset. Everything restored except the video, how could that happen?
    04-25-11 05:36 AM
    We need someone to pull this off their PlayBook and post it for us. Anyone got 20 minutes to helps us out? I just got off the phone with Blackberry Support and they do not have a link nor could they help. He actually told me to find a forum and ask...so i ask HELP PLEASE.
    04-27-11 06:19 PM
    You can't get the video until there is a jailbreak out for the PlayBook and you can get access to the full file system.
    04-27-11 06:23 PM
    I have the same issue. I really liked that video because it show cased how awesome the graphics and screen are on the PB.. :'(
    04-27-11 06:28 PM
    wth would they allow it to be formatted off if we can not get it back. RIM we need our video and a fix for the security wipe!
    04-27-11 06:35 PM
    I had the same issue last week after a security wipe. I was able to get it back by opening DM and hitting 'update'. Tells me there is no update, re-started my PB while it was still plugged in. DM downloaded and installed the 'debrick' file I'm sure most of us have read about. After it was installed and I went through set up again my demo video was back.

I know its a pain it rear to do but its the only way I could get it back. Hope this helps some of you.
    04-27-11 06:41 PM
    I had the same issue last week after a security wipe. I was able to get it back by opening DM and hitting 'update'. Tells me there is no update, re-started my PB while it was still plugged in. DM downloaded and installed the 'debrick' file I'm sure most of us have read about. After it was installed and I went through set up again my demo video was back.

I know its a pain it rear to do but its the only way I could get it back. Hope this helps some of you.
    Restoring with debrick now.
    04-27-11 06:47 PM
    Restoring with debrick now.
    Please post again when you are finished and let us know that it worked. Thanks.
    04-27-11 06:49 PM
    We need someone to pull this off their PlayBook and post it for us. Anyone got 20 minutes to helps us out? I just got off the phone with Blackberry Support and they do not have a link nor could they help. He actually told me to find a forum and ask...so i ask HELP PLEASE.
    Again.

Connect your PB to Desktop Manager and back up your device.
    >> From the help section click "check for updates". It will likely show you no updates.
    >> While still connected to the DM, do a hard restart (press and hold the power button - choose restart).
    >> The Desktop Manager will show an option to update. Click it.
    >> Go make yourself a sandwich or something because it's going to take a while. When completed, you will notice your sample video has returned (as well as your original games)
    >> Restore your device.

VOILA !!!
    04-27-11 07:25 PM
    Please post again when you are finished and let us know that it worked. Thanks.
    It WORKS!! Just like you said. Thanks
    04-27-11 07:30 PM
    do you have to backup and restore your data though?
    04-27-11 07:34 PM
    do you have to backup and restore your data though?
    you should always back it up
    04-27-11 07:36 PM
    I have tried the instructions listed but even after a reset i am not prompted for an update? I have tried three times and nothing. Clicked on update, no update found, held power button and did a restart, device reconnects and thats it.

I will have to try again tomorrow.
    04-27-11 08:59 PM
    click update, it will say no update, leave playbook plugged into desktop manager and click the power button (software one on the screen) and select restart. Do nothing else until you are prompted for update/instal. Let us know if it works tomorrow for you.
    04-27-11 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD