After buying a Logitech BlueTooth Tablet keyboard I noticed my battery would drain a lot quicker. That makes sense as it's using another radio, but it's now losing the charge at the same rate even with BlueTooth turned off.

Normally when the PlayBook goes to sleep it barely loses a charge, so I can go several days between having to charge it. Now, if I don't plug it in over night (or turn it off, perish the thought with those startup times), it's dead in the morning.
    09-16-12 02:38 PM
    Maybe you should turn it off some times...

Restart it and see what it does.

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    09-16-12 02:40 PM
    Pointless, when it runs out of charge it shuts off.
    09-16-12 04:26 PM
    How about unpairing the BT keyboard before you turn the BT off? Also assume you are not getting any help from Battery Guru app.
    09-16-12 04:31 PM
    If nothing else, turn off or UNpair that keyboard and see if that is really what is affecting battery life.
    09-16-12 06:50 PM
    Turned off the keyboard before, so I'm seeing if unpairing it does the trick. Will report back tomorrow.
    09-16-12 07:54 PM
    OK, unpairing first didn't do the trick. Woke up this morning to find it turned off with no charge. I looked for Battery Guru, it's a pay app. I've got a pre-paid credit card so it takes about a week for me to transfer money from my bank account to the card to make a payment like that (excellent for avoiding impulse buys), anything else you could suggest that could be the problem?
    09-17-12 01:28 PM
    Did you install any new apps?

Do you have Native Email setup on the unit? Hotmail and Manual sync both have been implicated in battery drain.

Any sideloaded Android apps?
    09-17-12 03:53 PM
    I've found map apps that use GPS remain running in the background unless I specifically exit them. Also, the Weather Channel app has to be exited or it seems to drain the battery faster. It seems to run all the time anyway as it always displays the current temp for my home location. It's kind of a nice to have, but I only want a couple of programs running in the background or else there seems to be a big power drain. Anyway, check to make sure you exit all unnecessary apps.
    09-17-12 04:12 PM
    Did you install any new apps?
    Local Deals. Any way to see if it runs anything in the background? I don't see why it would..

Do you have Native Email setup on the unit? Hotmail and Manual sync both have been implicated in battery drain.
    I remember the Manual Sync issue, so I don't have that turned on. I don't use Messages anymore because the app is too damn sluggish, but I do have Hotmail. Will just remove the account, as the web interface is better anyway.

Any sideloaded Android apps?
    Nope.
    09-17-12 04:47 PM
    I've found map apps that use GPS remain running in the background unless I specifically exit them. Also, the Weather Channel app has to be exited or it seems to drain the battery faster. It seems to run all the time anyway as it always displays the current temp for my home location. It's kind of a nice to have, but I only want a couple of programs running in the background or else there seems to be a big power drain. Anyway, check to make sure you exit all unnecessary apps.
    I haven't launched Maps or Weather since before the issue started, and with several reboots I would expect it not to have launched by itself in between. I always exit all apps when I stop using the device, so the battery's running down with nothing open.
    09-17-12 04:49 PM
    There is an an app called Advanced Application Manager in the BB app store. There are mixed reviews. It has an app killer in jt. Apparently it deals only with Android apps. May be worth a try. I have downloaded it. Pic of screen attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Losing charge unusually quickly-img_00000515.jpg  
    09-18-12 02:33 PM
    I don't have any Android apps. I'm a PB Native purist. So far it seems it might have been Hotmail syncing as the culprit. We'll see if it sticks over the next few days.
    09-18-12 05:13 PM
    Mine did this the other day and I didn't think of it until now. I was on .668 and my battery just really drained fast all of a sudden. Well after reading all the problems with .668 and the battery I installed the beta once again and the battery is better.

But what I remember is I was checking wifi so that was the last thing I was on in options so I'm wondering now if leaving the options page on wifi keeps it searching for networks?

I may try this with the beta and see what happens but it may be a .668 bug or turn out to be nothing.
    09-18-12 05:46 PM
    When the battery is empty and the PB unplugged, hold the ON button for 20 seconds and then still holding the button plug the charger in. then release the button. This fixed mine when I had similar problems.
    Another suggestion would be to do a hard reset. (holding down the volume + and - keys and pressing the ON/OFF button at the same time.
    09-18-12 11:03 PM
    Seems it was the Hotmail Sync. After removing my live account, the battery barely drains while the screen is off.
    09-19-12 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD