Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By jenks5150
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post Looks like Jan 30th is the date we all should look forward to

It seems BB10 is going to launch on Jan 30th... Great... Cant wait.... Hope to get the developer beta version for PlayBook much before that...
    Thanks,
    Sriman
    Meeting Minutes Pro - Become a Pro at attending, organizing, tracking, manging and distributing meetings
    Meeting Minutes - A 3 day trial version of Meeting Minutes Pro
    www.srimanapps.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts

Default Re: Looks like Jan 30th is the date we all should look forward to

Its not launching on that date, it's just being announced.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts

On the 30th of January, BB10 OS is going to be unveiled, not the phones.

For PlayBook's, i suspect a BB10 beta update after Jan 30th and be officially released by late March.

Global Posts
    23,354 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

i expects PB will not see official bb10 til after march. They will release the first phone in feb and the next a little while after i think so sometime in march you MIGHT see a beta for the PB but that might be pushing it
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin:s & Needle:s

Kind off subject...sort of......RIM stated BB10 phones would be out in the first quarter of 2013.
    In financial terms, isn't the first quarter April, May and June? I know many corporation's fiscal year ends in March and a new year begins in April.
    Maybe RIM is different, can anyone enlighten us?

Global Posts
    23,354 Global Posts
    PIN
    24DA0A39

They are not going by financial terms. Its calendar months.
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB...
    @howarmat
    Thanked by:
    DC506 (11-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin:s & Needle:s

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    They are not going by financial terms. Its calendar months.
    Thanks. That sounds better than April.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts

Wouldn't it be nice if they settle all family business on that date. How about "oh and one more thing...PB gets BB10 on..."
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts

Default Looks like Jan 30th is the date we all should look forward to

If this road map is right I think we have our answer

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    Sent from my Z10 or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) + a deceased BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    On the 30th of January, BB10 OS is going to be unveiled, not the phones.

For PlayBook's, i suspect a BB10 beta update after Jan 30th and be officially released by late March.
    Did you read the press release? RIM is unveiling the full touchscreen and QWERTY BlackBerry 10 devices on January 30th. They will show off details of the OS and Hardware, and announce availability dates, carriers, and pricing.

WIth the amount of times that RIM has had brutal product launches, I almost guarantee that the devices will be for sale within less than 2 weeks, maybe even within days of January 30th. For Thorsten to go on stage and say, BlackBerry 10 will go on sale at midnight tonight - would look excellent upon him and the company.
    Remember to RTFM.
    Thanked by:
    BB_Bmore (11-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    331A5FF3

That would be great for RIM, T.HEINS, & of course us
    Sent From My BlackBerry Bold 9930
    CrackBerry Abuser

I agree. If they happen to announce that BB10 goes on sale within 24hours or even February 1st, consumers and media will go in a frenzy thus boosting their share value.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Yup I think if they weren't going to launch at the same time as the unveils or soon after, the date for the unveiling would have been moved closer to the launch. Why announce something that's been pushed back over and over again only to make people wait another 2 to 3 months? I believe the phones will launch either the same day as the unveiling or within one week afterwards. As for PlayBook they have been " taking the necessary time to make sure it works right " already so depending on how things are going with that internally will dictate when we see BlackBerry10 released for PlayBook. I suspect a beta for PlayBook soon after the phones touchdown.

I for one cannot wait to see the built in photo and video editing. It's supposed to be some pretty sweet stuff
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jenks5150 View Post
    WIth the amount of times that RIM has had brutal product launches, I almost guarantee that the devices will be for sale within less than 2 weeks, maybe even within days of January 30th. For Thorsten to go on stage and say, BlackBerry 10 will go on sale at midnight tonight - would look excellent upon him and the company.
    I think you are confusing Apple product launch announcements with Research In Motion. They had midnight madness sales at the launch of BlackBerry PlayBook which did not work so well in hindsight. I remember people posting messages about pre-ordering the tablet in advance of April 19, 2011, and not receiving them until two weeks after the in-store buyers got their BlackBerry PlayBooks.

I anticipate Rogers Communications setting the contract pricing and off-contract pricing in the stratosphere (CAD599.00 on 3 year contract, CAD799.00 with no contract). Since monthly fees in Canada are the same on-contract or off-contract there is usually little reason to purchase a BlackBerry off-contract.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    I think you are confusing Apple product launch announcements with Research In Motion. They had midnight madness sales at the launch of BlackBerry PlayBook which did not work so well in hindsight. I remember people posting messages about pre-ordering the tablet in advance of April 19, 2011, and not receiving them until two weeks after the in-store buyers got their BlackBerry PlayBooks.

I anticipate Rogers Communications setting the contract pricing and off-contract pricing in the stratosphere (CAD599.00 on 3 year contract, CAD799.00 with no contract). Since monthly fees in Canada are the same on-contract or off-contract there is usually little reason to purchase a BlackBerry off-contract.
    I think your pricing guesstimate is WAY off.... There's no way they'd sell them at $599 with a 3yr contract. Even the 64GB iPhone5 is $379 with a 3yr and $899 no contract at Rogers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BB9700CA View Post
    I'm sorry, but you just pulled those numbers out of nowhere....far as I know there has never been a cell phone sell for $599 WITH a 3 year contract. So I'm not sure what motivates you to think the L series will be. RIM will not let carriers render this a failure. The devices will be priced competitively, that is a no brainer.
    Remember to RTFM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,661 Global Posts

That’s great news than being in a dark room…

Anyway, I’m really interested with BB10 because I want to know how RIM will convert “innovative features” combined with a “best in class browser”, “a rich application ecosystem” and “cutting-edge multimedia capabilities” promises into tangible user’s experiences i.e. not as emotional feel or perception but rather something that can be measured and factually supported. As my prof said, you cannot manage something you cannot measure”…
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,100 Global Posts
    PIN
    ot grigio

v1.0 of BB10 will be buggy and awful, if it's anything like.. well.. everything RIM has ever released in its history. I'll be waiting for v1.1.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts

Default Looks like Jan 30th is the date we all should look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Furballz View Post
    v1.0 of BB10 will be buggy and awful, if it's anything like.. well.. everything RIM has ever released in its history. I'll be waiting for v1.1.
    Thats stupid, since when has any company released an os that wasn't buggy? Heck the newest androids are STILL buggy!imo, If anything bb10 will be an exception, they have had well over two years to work on it...

Sent from my BOLD or maybe my soon to be BB10 PlayBook
    Sent from my Z10 or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook

BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) -BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) BlackBerry Z10 (T-Mobile) + a deceased BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Also to add that the GOLD SDKs are On time and BUG fixes are on time for December so pretty dure that RIM is trying to make this a Fully baked product so exceptional to the public eye they won't believe it.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!