I have a spare PlayBook that I want to mount in my kitchen under my cabinets. I'd use it for browsing recipes, listening to music, watching videos, etc.

Ideally, I'm looking for something I can screw in under my cabinets and fold up the PlayBook out of sight when it isn't in use.

Any ideas? I've looked through mounts in the CrackBerry shop but nothing fits the bill.
    09-17-12 01:05 PM
    I have looked at every mount for the playbook and I can tell you without a doubt, the don't sell anything like that or i have never came across anything like that.... You would have to build something like that yourself...
    09-17-12 01:12 PM
    I have looked at every mount for the playbook and I can tell you without a doubt, the don't sell anything like that or i have never came across anything like that.... You would have to build something like that yourself...
    Did you look through universal tablet mounts too? I figure there probably isn't something out there designed exactly for what I'm looking to do but there might be something close enough.

Looking at the car mounts that attach to the rods of headrests, I'm thinking I could get one of those and attach it to a cheap towel rack under my cabinets.
    09-17-12 01:55 PM
    Is there a picture framers near you? Pop in there and ask if they can make you a frame up with an open top that you can slide your PB into it?
    09-17-12 02:01 PM
    psyko your in 514 find the nearest dollarama, look for "otherfruit tab" stands im sure you will find something that suits your needs. i posted a pic of mine in some other thread months back...
    09-17-12 02:21 PM
    What if you used something like the journal case. Screw the front flap to the underside of the cabinet. Use the cord or some velcro to hold it the up position. Hanging down it would be upside down but that would make it easier to get to the volume buttons.
    09-17-12 02:31 PM
    How about combine this : Kitchen Under Cabinet Flip Mount Bracket for LCD TV with this: Incipio Hive Honeycomb dermaSHOT Silicone Case for PlayBook

Mount Honeycomb Case to TV mount - honeycomb structure leads to room for hardware to recess and stay off of PB body - it's what CBK used for his PlayBook necklace a while back - do a search for that to see his build. Can put PB in/take out and leave case permanently mounted to TV mount.
    BigAl_BB9900 and DC506 like this.
    09-17-12 03:14 PM
    I've got a cookbook holder that is hinged and folds flat up against the cabinet bottom and drops down at an angle. That's where I stow my pb when using it for recipes.

I've got one like this.

under cabinet cookbook holder - Google Search

(one in the right column)

I also think I recall one of those accessory maker's had something also - why can't I recall the name - they make usb hubs and all that stuff (the mind use to be a terrible thing to waste - now, not so much)

griffin under cabinet ipad mount - Google Search
    DC506 likes this.
    09-17-12 04:17 PM
    I couldn't resist....Sorry....
    deemgee likes this.
    09-17-12 05:01 PM
    I couldn't resist....Sorry....
    You should see the duck (duct) tape retrofit I did of a 6-pack beer cardboard case to make it waterproof for my bicycling water bottles when I load the bike on the car and need a stable holder for the filled bottles!
    09-17-12 05:25 PM
    I use the Belkin cabinet mount. Adjusts so i can use with either my PlayBook or my wife's iPad (landscape or portrait ). And you can easily take down when not using.

Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Mount F5L100tt
    DC506 likes this.
    09-17-12 09:52 PM
    I think this mount would work if you added a few screws.

Amazon.com: i.Trek ME-UTM+MPH+ME-04 Heavy Duty Windshield Mount: GPS & Navigation

09-17-12 10:06 PM
    I use the Belkin cabinet mount. Adjusts so i can use with either my PlayBook or my wife's iPad (landscape or portrait ). And you can easily take down when not using.

Belkin Kitchen Cabinet Mount F5L100tt
    Ahhhhh, that's the one I was thinking about above - BELKIN!!!
    09-18-12 12:34 AM
    You should see the duck (duct) tape retrofit I did of a 6-pack beer cardboard case to make it waterproof for my bicycling water bottles when I load the bike on the car and need a stable holder for the filled bottles!
    Talk is cheap....where's the pictures?
    09-18-12 03:54 PM
    Snapped with the 32gig which was handy:
    09-18-12 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD