Crackbarians, Heed my Request! in my head i see something... a case, so perfect and wunnerful i simply must have it. and it DOES exist but only sort of.

so here is what i want...
    This
    Wallet Design Leather Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet products, buy Wallet Design Leather Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet products from alibaba.com

but with a camera hole

or.... if you like...
    This
    BlackBerryJournalCase - RIM US
    but with business card/note storage on the inside of the cover

Please for the love of all that is good let someone know of some beautiful hybrid of these cases.
    Last edited by Tomcat_Alley; 03-10-12 at 09:25 PM.
    03-10-12 09:23 PM
    First thing to realize: there is no perfect case.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-10-12 10:26 PM
    03-10-12 10:34 PM
    I agree, there is no such thing as a perfect case. I have an Otterbox, OEM Leather Journal case and a OEM Leather envelope and depending on the days activity depends on which case I use. There are a lot on very nice cases for the PlayBook......good luck choosing.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 03-10-12 at 10:47 PM.
    lovemyplaybook likes this.
    03-10-12 10:44 PM
    I've seen most of these cases and all are very nice but I would suggest the orange zipper case from RIM. Everyone has black so that is why I suggest the orange, be different. Or better yet, be someone important..be yourself.
    03-11-12 01:43 AM
    BlackBerry OEM Leather Journal Case, handsdown the best protection and the best in aesthetics. $19.95 shipped free from Office Supplies, Printer Ink, Toner, Electronics, Computers, Printers & Office Furniture | Staples�.
    03-11-12 07:22 AM
    I'm partial to this one myself:

Case Logic 7 Tablet Case > Laptop > Case Logic

Very discrete - looks like a CD case or something innocuous. Great for keeping the thieves looking elsewhere. Also, quite rugged, yet extremely lightweight. Downside is that you have to remove your PB to use the rear camera.

RCK
    03-11-12 08:07 AM
    This is the cover that I use and I love it. I can charge my PB without having to remove the cover, even on the charging pod. It is very thin, but very secure.

Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Electronics
    sagec likes this.
    03-11-12 08:16 AM
    thanks for the help guys, im checking out the reviews on the targus case on youtube now as i cant find much in the way of details of its layout but looks like ill have to drop slimline if i want card slots AND a camera hole, which makes no sense. but as people said, no case is perfect.

I currently have 3 cases.

Casemate POP which i dont like because the PB is in and out of a bag all day and i dont like the lack of screen protection, its in the cupboard, never use it

the neoprene slip case it came with, which i have it in when im in and around the house, but taking it out of a bag, then out of the case, then put the case back in the bag while i use it, then do it all in the reverse to put it away, its too much effort for day to day use

and a case i cant find a link to any more, that's very similar to the wallet one i linked, its got the card slots, a big slot for notes, receipts, etc, but no camera, and i can be quite snappy, but i dislike taking it out just to take a photo as the two elastic straps are really fiddley and doing it leads to risk of dropping the unit out of the case

Its a plight, so many cases feature card slots, and pockets, why do non of them have a camera hole? who is designing playbook cases without camera holes?
    03-11-12 08:16 AM
    This is the cover that I use and I love it. I can charge my PB without having to remove the cover, even on the charging pod. It is very thin, but very secure.

Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Electronics
    I'll second this one!
    03-11-12 08:31 AM
    03-11-12 08:44 AM
    I've had the OEM leather journal case for a bit now, it is amazing!
    03-11-12 08:48 AM
    I use the official convertible case for both of my PlayBooks. I think it's a great case. I get almost as many compliments on the cases as I do on the PlayBooks.

BlackBerry� Convertible Case for the PlayBook� Tablet | Staples�
    03-11-12 09:00 AM
    I am too impatient for mail order and got a Belkin leather folio for kf $29 US at Best Buy.
    It's velvet lined, can be used as a stand and holds PB in place with elastic and leather corners. Case is kept closed with thick elastic band. It makes PB look like a notebook. It's thick and sturdy,leather is tough, hard and not slippery. No camera hole ,for me a plus as lens is kept clean . It's protected from dirt,dust,smears and scratches . It doesn't say kindle any where, just Belkin( barely legible due to leather grain) stamped in horizontally in lower left hand corner on the front cover along the long side. Belkin name is concealed by elastic band when closed. I keep cleaning cloth that came with PB stashed and folded between back of PB and case. Another thing I really like is all hinges for stand are internal, no floppy hinged covers as with Targus cases. Hinged covers are damage magnets.The Belkin case provides solid protection and quick access. The folio design reminds me of a Moleskine or something from a 40's office supply.
    trinipoco likes this.
    03-11-12 09:25 AM

Do or Do not. There is no try!

Master Yoda
    03-11-12 08:09 PM
    I have the OEM leather Journal Case. I only use it when leaving the house. Inside the house I prefer using the naked PB. I just like the feel of holding it's slim design. The Journal case is really quite good for protection and quite functional for travel.
    John Yester likes this.
    03-11-12 08:24 PM
    +1 for the Blurex from Amazon. Got mine a week after I got my PB, and it also has 3 positions on the incline adjustment. Has the camera cutout, and is easy to put in the side pocket of a suit coat. Unfortunately, no card slots or pen/stylus holder, but it holds and it protects the PB well, with no bezel interference.

Harry
    03-11-12 09:07 PM
    I'll second this one!
    Me too. The Blurex is an Amazing Case.
    03-11-12 10:07 PM
    I'll second this one!
    Be careful of cases that have hinges on outside covers,they can turn into floppy messes over time and do more harm than good. I have learned this from painful experience !
    03-12-12 09:18 AM
    thanks for the help guys, im checking out the reviews on the targus case on youtube now as i cant find much in the way of details of its layout but looks like ill have to drop slimline if i want card slots AND a camera hole, which makes no sense. but as people said, no case is perfect.

I currently have 3 cases.

Casemate POP which i dont like because the PB is in and out of a bag all day and i dont like the lack of screen protection, its in the cupboard, never use it

the neoprene slip case it came with, which i have it in when im in and around the house, but taking it out of a bag, then out of the case, then put the case back in the bag while i use it, then do it all in the reverse to put it away, its too much effort for day to day use

and a case i cant find a link to any more, that's very similar to the wallet one i linked, its got the card slots, a big slot for notes, receipts, etc, but no camera, and i can be quite snappy, but i dislike taking it out just to take a photo as the two elastic straps are really fiddley and doing it leads to risk of dropping the unit out of the case

Its a plight, so many cases feature card slots, and pockets, why do non of them have a camera hole? who is designing playbook cases without camera holes?
    Less is more, card slots and pockets can keep case covers from being flush with PB. Flush covers give the most protection, pockets can lead to dust and scratches ,my lesson learned the hard way with tablets and camera cases. If you do get a case with camera hole, a small piece of gaffers tape is good to cover hole and protect lens ,when not in use. Just my thoughts based on frustrating experiences
    03-12-12 09:33 AM
    I am in the UK and have recently bought the case mate pop case for �13 of amazon.

Case-Mate Pop Case for BlackBerry PlayBook - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

PROs - cheap but quality, great feel in your hands, well protected, integrated stand, PB buttons work great, access all ports.

CONs - no screen protection- does have a raised rubber edge preventing screen from contacting surfaces, not a prob for me as it fits in the oem zip case.

I think the only other case i will need is the new BT keyboard case- does anyone know if it will be available in the UK?
    03-12-12 10:00 AM
    The official BB Faux Leather case is great.. protects the PB nicely, and acts as a stand at 2 angles. I guess the only downsides are having to keep the thing open to charge it, and the top buttons are kinda difficult to press.

It does however have holes in all the right places for the camera, power connectors, etc, etc.

BlackBerry PlayBook Faux Leather Convertible Case
    03-12-12 11:38 AM
    I use the official convertible case for both of my PlayBooks. I think it's a great case. I get almost as many compliments on the cases as I do on the PlayBooks.

BlackBerry� Convertible Case for the PlayBook� Tablet | Staples�
    I've used the convertible case since launch day and still love it.
    03-12-12 11:48 AM
    The perfect case would have been the Journal case combined with the same function as the Convertible case (that is, with the inner rubber/plastic part that actually holds the PB semi-detached so one could prop the screen up at an angle).

I have both the Journal and the Convertible. The downside to the Convertible is that you can't keep the case closed and the leatherette is really cheap 'n greasy. The Journal has the same embossed leather as the leather pocket or holster for OS 6 and OS 7 BBs, so it matches nicely, but of course you can't prop it up for viewing a la the Convertible.
    03-12-12 12:15 PM
    Close to being perfect and also lowest price is the clip case from Brookstone. ..similar to Blurex and Icon Carbon...both of which seem to be unavailable at present time. Use Promo Code LUCK25 until Mar31 for an additional 25% off. Good quality leather and stitching, all ports accessible even when case is closed or in the screen viewing positions
    Clip Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet at Brookstone
    03-12-12 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD