Oh, I forgot to mention that there is a boatload of OEM accessories that can be had for real cheap

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    01-30-14 09:26 PM
    I'm going to say no. I've had mine for three months and really like it - it's a great form factor, and a really solid build. However, the latest fiasco with the update servers show just how tied in to them the Playbook OS is. If and when Blackberry pulls the plug on them you will be left with a device that you cannot use if you security wipe it and cannot resell. Unless they release an OS update that would eliminate this dependency, you're essentially buying something with a life expectancy that is dictated by when they shut down the support servers.
    01-31-14 10:00 AM
    As a new owner of a Playbook since yesterday, I have to say yes, it's a nice addition to the Z10 that I've had for months. And yes, you should find a cheap one to buy, since it is discontinued.

I saw a deal on all4cellular (a4c.com Home Page - Shopping for electronics, Cellular accessories an), and got one for cheap and I love it. The build quality is excellent and the OS is really nice. Blackberry Bridge to the Z10 is a great feature.
    01-31-14 04:22 PM
    I'm going to say no. I've had mine for three months and really like it - it's a great form factor, and a really solid build. However, the latest fiasco with the update servers show just how tied in to them the Playbook OS is. If and when Blackberry pulls the plug on them you will be left with a device that you cannot use if you security wipe it and cannot resell. Unless they release an OS update that would eliminate this dependency, you're essentially buying something with a life expectancy that is dictated by when they shut down the support servers.
    Doubt that risk of total support shutdown is great because too many companies and government operations are users. But to each his own opinion. Not like you are risking a fortune to get one now. May anticipate some app writers dropping update plans.
    01-31-14 04:32 PM
    Doubt that risk of total support shutdown is great because too many companies and government operations are users. But to each his own opinion. Not like you are risking a fortune to get one now. May anticipate some app writers dropping update plans.
    BlackBerry needs to release a tablet running BlackBerry OS 10 or continue supporting the current BlackBerry PlayBook. The hardware remains capable of the tasks for which this tablet was originally intended despite all efforts by BlackBerry management to kill its baby at birth. We demanded they support this tablet and for a while management listened. Don't even get me started on the "Big Lie" from former CEO Thorsten Heins.
    02-01-14 12:16 PM
30 12