I have never been a fan of any tablets, however the Playbook price got really, really low lately. So I was reconsidering the option to buy a Playbook. At work, paperwars are getting worse almost from day to day basis. While my Bold 9900 can handle some basic PDF needs to counter most of them, having a Playbook with the large 7" screen would be nice to counter the paper chaos.

How does the Playbook performs in terms of PDFs? I am quite satisfied with PDF performance of my Bold 9900, and I guess the PB should perform even better.
    Can the Playbook open multiple PDF files or are you still limited to have only one PDF open? A quick search got me to an early 2011 Crackberry thread where people stated the PB can only have one PDF at a time open - however we have late 2012 now and maybe the situation improved?

What about battery performance, what kind of battery life can I expect from a PB, let's say compared to a usual 9900. Does it barely get through the (work)day or maybe can it even last two or three days off the charger?
    12-05-12 08:36 AM
    Well the search button is your friend, seek and ye shall find lol. I find the battery life does me, gets me through the day and more... depends on usage! The PDF software supplied with the PB is very basic, I purchased qPDF Notes, which only allows one document open at a time. However I can use both programs to open two PDF documents at once; a simple work around
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    12-05-12 09:36 AM
    There's also PDF Reader, another 3rd party program for more pdf support.
    12-05-12 10:14 AM
    I must say go for it, I was one of the 1st to purchase a PB and with the prices I seen on some today I could buy 4 or 5 for what I paid. As for reading PDF's I have yet to try opening multiple docs but like someone else mentioned you can try multiple apps. I also have a bold 9930 and eventhough it opens PDF files I prefer opening them on the playbook. Also having the bridge is a very nice feature for opening docs from the phone as well. I travel alot and was dealing with alot of paper, having the PB has been very helpful with some very useful apps. Two apps that has been helpful for me Print to Go and a PDF Creator also of course the Bridge app.
    12-06-12 06:50 AM
    I bought a 64GB PB for $189 two weeks ago. Office Depot and other stores are going to "not carry them any more." NOT a good sign for RIM though.
    12-06-12 01:02 PM
    Thanks for the information so far. Today I wanted to have an actual look at a Playbook, so I went into two different stores of large german retailers. None of them had the Playbook on display. Actually, none was selling them anymore, they got discontinued. "Nobody buys Blackberry, everyone wants Apple and Android today!" was reaction at the first store. The second store was not much different: "People only buy iPads and Samsung here, no one wants Blackberry, so we don't sell them anymore."
    Guess I have to buy blindly from an online store.
    12-08-12 10:21 AM
    I know. I keep hearing that.

What I tell them is, "If I wanted an iPad or Android I would have gone to Toys-R-Us."

The things these stores do not see is: what is really the "I want" phone with high school kids? Blackberry!! Why? Because of multi-user chat and the upcoming multi-BBM phone.
    12-10-12 07:26 AM
    The things these stores do not see is: what is really the "I want" phone with high school kids? Blackberry!! Why? Because of multi-user chat and the upcoming multi-BBM phone.
    I don't see that either. Young people want what's cool. What's cool is what is most talked about; what everyone else has.What is most talked about is rarely a blackberry. Unfortunate but true. Of course there are a lot of kids who keep up with technology and always go for what everyone else doesn't have. This is where BB10 can do really well. As for playbooks, retailers go where the money is and the money is in the pockets of young people. So if they aren't selling playbooks, that is the reason why.
    12-10-12 10:59 AM
    Walmart has it in stock. I can't see the playbook on Office Depot site anymore
    12-10-12 12:31 PM