I already own a Playbook.

So should I get a 4g LTE PB or a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE.

I want to get the most out of the 4g connection. I just don't see enough live video apps for the PB. Plus I already own one. Is the Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE worth it ? I've always been a Blackberry guy all the way but I would like to try something new.

Honest opinions please.
    09-16-12 07:28 PM
    Sounds like you've already made your decision
    09-16-12 08:04 PM
    Get the iPad mini.
    09-16-12 08:14 PM
    I think getting a 4G playbook when you already have the wifi one is a waste of money. I couldn't say if the Galaxy Tab 8.9 is worth it by itself, but if I were looking to buy a second tablet after the playbook, I wouldn't get another one just for the 4G, I'd buy an Android one simply so I have an Android and a PB.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    09-16-12 09:54 PM
    Yea looks like it's an Android. Apple products are a money pit Cheaper ( and more free ) apps for google.
    09-16-12 10:00 PM
    You should reward yourself and get both.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    09-16-12 11:03 PM
    i got 8.9 tab and it's quite good. good battery..heaps of applications.
    pretty useless using 4G playbook with existing OS..a 4G playbook with OS7 would be a lot more functional.pity we're left with this interim OS till BB10 ported to playbooks (which will not happens until Q1 or Q2 next year).
    VanCity778 likes this.
    09-16-12 11:31 PM
    The price stretch is quite large now, for sure. That said, I switched all my apps over to the new LTE and handed my 64gb wifi to my mid-twenties daughter. She was very pleased and the gain on my side was primarily operational and browser speed, plus a simple data plan that runs $10 per month through Bell. Bonus just occurred because another daughter's boyfriend picked up a 32gb for university after lots of hands-on trial here... And so suddenly I could use the video chat. The moral of my story was to find willing homes for new PB units. So if you can, spread the cheer! If you buy into a system, make it work for you...!
    masqueofhastur likes this.
    09-16-12 11:57 PM
    Having an LTE myself, I say get it.

BUT......

Be careful of what you want it for. If the LTE is your biggest reasoning, then I'd say as long as you're to the west of 240th go for it.
    The H+ is still better than bridging but in my opinion not worth the cost.

I doubt we'll see Rogers expanding coverage in metro van or cowtown anytime soon as they're rolling out Ontario a bit more first.

The investor in me says do it
    09-17-12 12:00 AM
    Get the iPad mini.
    Except it doesn't exist yet.
    09-17-12 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD