I just got this link from motorola for there new tablet being announced at CES 2011 it's a you tube video that makes fun of both the Ipad and galaxy tabs. Hope it doesnt get released before playbook!

12-23-10 09:50 PM
    its android, but i really dont like android..

i mean, i have a nexus one and android is not really that mature.. i prefer iOS (ipad) over this anytime.. but i want the playbook. =D

android just lags, no acceleration, etc..
    12-23-10 10:08 PM
    yeah the video was released a couple days ago and while not much is known officially, we will hopefully see it at CES. The unofficial specs make it a powerhouse indeed. and i would expect it to be released pretty quickly too
    12-23-10 10:15 PM
    I wonder if it will be behind glass or hands on at ces!!!!
    12-23-10 10:18 PM
    12-23-10 10:23 PM
    Meh. The 10" size really does nothing for me. I'm really digging the portability of a 7" unit. No puns intended there.
    12-23-10 10:28 PM
    i think a 7" version is planned also, and i would gladly get that over the 10"
    12-23-10 10:33 PM
    i agree the 7" is more for hand use the 10" is more a lap size if I need a 10" I will just get a 15.6" laptop
    12-23-10 10:39 PM
    7" for me also, 10" is so damn big for bringing it everyday
    12-23-10 10:45 PM
    I just got this link from motorola for there new tablet being announced at CES 2011 it's a you tube video that makes fun of both the Ipad and galaxy tabs. Hope it doesnt get released before playbook!

10" tablets don't do a thing for me. I don't care what it's specs or OS is--the size is simply larger than what I want in a tablet. kinda like a 17" laptop is too friggin gigantic, you know??
    12-23-10 10:48 PM
    10" tablets don't do a thing for me. I don't care what it's specs or OS is--the size is simply larger than what I want in a tablet. kinda like a 17" laptop is too friggin gigantic, you know??
    HEY.... okay i agree i have one and its huge. but i love it, but would love the playbook for a portable one i can use in class instead of balancing this thing on the tiny desks
    12-23-10 10:54 PM
    HEY.... okay i agree i have one and its huge. but i love it, but would love the playbook for a portable one i can use in class instead of balancing this thing on the tiny desks
    I've got a 14" laptop on my work desk and that's about as large a computer as I want sitting on my desk--my netbook's size is even more appealing, but alas it can't do video for crap, so I don't use it much. AAMOF, my Toshiba also stutters if I try to play HD video. My wife's much newer HP with an i5 CPU does an awesome job of playing HD video and even gives GREAT frame rates in Flight Simulator 2004 (AKA FS9).
    12-23-10 11:07 PM
    Meh. The 10" size really does nothing for me. I'm really digging the portability of a 7" unit. No puns intended there.
    You know what be awesome? if there was a 10" playbook that folded in half to be the same size as the 7" playbook (but of course a tad thicker)
    12-23-10 11:15 PM
    You know what be awesome? if there was a 10" playbook that folded in half to be the same size as the 7" playbook (but of course a tad thicker)
    I hope to see decent roll-out screens before I die. and very bright built-in projectors ala the Samsung phone or Nikon camera, but much brighter and higher res. ah, ****, let's skip all that & go straight for the implantable electronics.
    12-23-10 11:20 PM
    I've got a 14" laptop on my work desk and that's about as large a computer as I want sitting on my desk--my netbook's size is even more appealing, but alas it can't do video for crap, so I don't use it much. AAMOF, my Toshiba also stutters if I try to play HD video. My wife's much newer HP with an i5 CPU does an awesome job of playing HD video and even gives GREAT frame rates in Flight Simulator 2004 (AKA FS9).
    yes definitely haha. i got the i5 too its crazayy how fast it is. and dell studio 17" touch so im already feeling a touch tablet haha
    12-23-10 11:37 PM
    Amen for that. I bought one from Dell thinking how cool the screen would be. That was when I only had a 15" flat lcd for my desktop.

It sat at home mostly unused for 2 years, just to d.am.n heavy to take anywhere. Then I decided it was being wasted. It's my new desktop, running IIS and 2008 Server for my webserver. I'll get another i5/i7 laptop or netbook to lug around, but would rather get the PB.

That big screen never gets looked at because I have it connected to a 22" monitor.
    12-24-10 01:53 AM
    In another thread CX said the playbook blew this Motorola tablet away (and qnx is better than honeycomb) but that 10 inch form factor is great for me since I don't plan on a lot of travelling with a tablet so if both it and the playbook come out at the same time, have comparable prices, and specs, and are reviewed fairly evenly tie goes to the 10 incher.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-10 07:57 AM
    Amen for that. I bought one from Dell thinking how cool the screen would be. That was when I only had a 15" flat lcd for my desktop.

It sat at home mostly unused for 2 years, just to d.am.n heavy to take anywhere. Then I decided it was being wasted. It's my new desktop, running IIS and 2008 Server for my webserver. I'll get another i5/i7 laptop or netbook to lug around, but would rather get the PB.

That big screen never gets looked at because I have it connected to a 22" monitor.
    I WAS thinking about getting an i7 laptop, but not after hearing about Sandy Bridge. Once the prices drop on that, I'll probably get one.

My Toshiba 15" lappy feeds my 25.5" monitor, too. I despise the dim screen of the toshiba. My wife's HP is an order of magnitude brighter than the toshiba. (she always gets the good stuff! LOL! that's a running joke between us)
    12-24-10 10:10 AM
    10 inch screen is perfect for me especially if the dimensions are right. I don't want one that's rectangular shaped like the Archos tabs. I like the 10 inch screens because I want something that doesn't look like a big smartphone. I do not want to carry around a 4.3 inch evo and a 7 inch tablet that do the same thing. I would my devices to serve different purposes and I'd get that with the 10 inch screen. That's just my opinion. I'm definitely looking into this Moto tab when it comes out.
    12-24-10 11:15 AM
    10 inch screen is perfect for me especially if the dimensions are right. I don't want one that's rectangular shaped like the Archos tabs. I like the 10 inch screens because I want something that doesn't look like a big smartphone. I do not want to carry around a 4.3 inch evo and a 7 inch tablet that do the same thing. I would my devices to serve different purposes and I'd get that with the 10 inch screen. That's just my opinion. I'm definitely looking into this Moto tab when it comes out.
    Please explain how the non-10" screens aren't rectangular. It's been a while since my HS days, but I seem to remember that a square or a very "skinny" rectangle all are considered rectangles.
    12-24-10 11:25 AM
    Please explain how the non-10" screens aren't rectangular. It's been a while since my HS days, but I seem to remember that a square or a very "skinny" rectangle all are considered rectangles.
    I meant a device that is more rectangular. And when did I say that non-10 inch screens are not rectangular? If you haven't done so already, look at the archos 101 pictures compared to the iPad. Both screens are the same size but the archos has a more rectangular shape. Kinda like the Drod X vs the EVO. Same dimensions but the EVO is more squared than the X. So I don't prefer my tablet to be too long vertically when holding upright or too wide when holding landscape. I've had the archos and it was just a little too awkward because of that. If you haven't had, used or held 2 tablets (mostly larger ones) that have the same screen size but different dimensions then you wouldn't understand. Obviously for 7 inch screens this is less of an issue because it's already a very portable size device. But for a bigger device the dimensions have to be right for me.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 12-24-10 at 11:36 AM.
    12-24-10 11:33 AM
    I meant a device that is more rectangular. If you haven't done so already. Look at the archos 101 pictures compared to the iPad. Both screens are the same size but the archos had a more rectangular shape. .
    I guess what you really mean to say is that the aspect ratio is numerically higher, right?
    12-24-10 11:37 AM
    I guess what you really mean to say is that the aspect ratio is numerically higher, right?
    Yes. I didn't just want to say because I didn't want people to think I was only referring to that and then think I was only speaking about which device can view photos, videos and games better. Or which is better for HD and stuff like that. But that I was also talking about the entire physical shape. But to answer your question, a 16:9 aspect ratio for a 10 inch tablet was just too awkward for me. My hands are pretty big so I can get away with doing a lot of things one handed on the iPad. And just typing on a 16:9 in landscape mode is brutal. But that's just my taste.
    12-24-10 11:54 AM
    Yes. I didn't just want to say because I didn't want people to think I was only referring to that and then think I was only speaking about which device can view photos, videos and games better. Or which is better for HD and stuff like that. But that I was also talking about the entire physical shape. But to answer your question, a 16:9 aspect ratio for a 10 inch tablet was just too awkward for me. My hands are pretty big so I can get away with doing a lot of things one handed on the iPad. And just typing on a 16:9 in landscape mode is brutal. But that's just my taste.
    I know what you mean. I don't much like the ultra tall (in portrait mode) of some phones, and I don't much care for the wide landscape mode of my current monitors because for viewing the web (which is mostly what I use my monitors for) is best down with lots of vertical space. I use firefox in a resizable window that leaves about 3" of screen space on either side, because browsing isn't improved with a lot of extra width, as content is mostly designed for a much narrower screen. Because of that, one of my monitors is attached to the wall with a rotatable mount so that I can switch the physical monitor to "portrait" mode. that works great!
    12-24-10 12:05 PM
    As far as I'm concerned, Android is just not polished enough for me, so this tab doesn't interest me any. That could change once we see Honeycomb, but for now that's where I sit. You could make the same argument with the PB and QNX, but it already seems much more polished than the current Android devices I've played with (I love how it seems to be incorporating BBOS6 with WebOS's cards).

The only thing (so far) that could pull my interest away from the PB would be if Microsoft decides they were id10ts to scrap the Courier prototype and brings it back. That was just a badass device.
    12-24-10 02:30 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD