I have a 3+ hour presentation to attend Friday. Since a key person won't be there, I was thinking of using the PB to record it. Most of the action will be on-screen (Go to Meeting) but there'll be some chatter in the conference room. I am checking out GTM's recording feature, but was wondering if anyone had ever done this on a PB.

One issue so far - setting it up to point at the screen stably. No tripod mount . I do have a convertible case so that should work, maybe with the front facing camera.
    02-08-12 10:13 AM
    You won't be able to record entire 3 hour as there's 4GB size limit, that's all I know. Many, if not most, dedicated consumer digital cameras have similar limitations, probably due to the filesystem they utilize.
    02-08-12 10:19 AM
    3+ hour presentation!

What are presenting? the lord of the rings movie breakdown?!

jk!
    f1mx likes this.
    02-08-12 11:20 AM
    yes, i did try to record content and conferences that were in excess of 3 hours.

the previous post is correct, there is a limit....so from what i could tell, with resolution set at 720p, the pb STOPS recording after 1 hour and 5 minutes have been recorded.

all i did then was hit the record button again to record the remaining content.

i used the camera at the back....as an fyi

lastly, i recommend doing a reboot before recording long sessions. i did the old "press the volume buttons + power button" thing. this was just to free up as much memory or system resources as i can....not sure it makes any difference but it doesn't hurt.
    02-08-12 11:24 AM
    I was just in a similar situation at a conference that a business partner had to miss a day on. I recorded two 3 hour sessions. I chose only to do the audio as I wanted to type some notes at the same time. It worked flawlessly and the sound quiality was great. I only had a couple of issues where I was sorting papers right beside the mic's. I also found a few ipad users peeking over at me from time to time and one even asked me what I was using. (Kinda sad that almost a year in many people still don't know what a playbook is). Anyways that's my experience, a good one at that. Good luck with your video.
    02-08-12 11:31 AM
    Thanks . @teeuwen, it's a software vendor demo for a health insurance claims processing system, so it's pretty involved - this is actually a follow up from the first 3 hour demo, plus here was a one hour follow-up meeting as well .

I think Go to Meeting only lets the presenter record so the PB will likely get pressed into service. I can hit record again after an hour. Either that or I have to press my JVC digital camcorder into service - less obtrusive and harder to get the session off DV tape to a CD or flash drive.

I've done voice recordings over an hour in a meeting. The nice thing with the PB in the convertible case is that you can start the recording, close the case and put it on the table and it's very unobtrusive. The mics are on the top edge. Recording quality is superb.

Maybe I'll give it a test run later.
    02-08-12 12:29 PM
    I did it . I have the Convertible case so I set it up with the front facing camera pointing at the screen, set it to 480p and hit record. 3 hours and 5 minutes later I stopped it. File size 3.5GB. Battery used, under 50%. Clarity, crystal
    emtunc and FF22 like this.
    02-10-12 03:20 PM
    Okay, now we know a bit more.
    02-10-12 04:36 PM
    Thank you for this post. And thank you for the follow up. 480p = 3 hrs brilliant.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    02-10-12 06:08 PM
    It is not the length in time that maxs out it is the file size.

I was recording a sermon on the weekend and it quit recording with a message that said...

"Maximum file size has been reached"

3.72 GB (4,002,607,331 bytes) is the file size.

I was shooting in 720p mode. I'll know better to drop down to 480p
    02-12-12 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD