So I go to Best Buy quite often (usually for little things like movies, coffee (for the Tassimo), guitar picks, etc.), and I always am looking to see if they've dropped price on any in-store PlayBook accessories.

My local store has been out of PlayBooks since I've been looking to buy (and bought one offline) since early January. What did I see in the locked tablet case? 4-5 brand spankin' new PlayBooks (16GB) models.

Just thought I'd share because this same store said they would no longer be getting any in (this was before the fire-sale however).
    gideon59 likes this.
    01-25-12 09:24 PM
    I was in my local Best Buy, roaming around the tablet department, and the salesguy effing recommended the effing PB!! I mean, I couldn't effing believe it! And I was able to tell him, hey, I already own this beautiful device!
    01-25-12 09:30 PM
    Interesting......the BestBuy in my area advised me that the Blackberry PlayBook would no longer be sold by any BestBuy once stockpile was complete. Not that I put any trust in what a salesperson tells me anymore ......I wonder if their gearing up for the Feb 2.0 release. Things that make you go "hummmmmm".
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-25-12 09:39 PM
    If Best Buy does, then I hope to high Heaven that they edge-a-ma-kate those sales people!
    Spencerdl and rotorwrench like this.
    01-25-12 09:43 PM
    Makes me wonder if Thorsten threw them a bone like Apple does...
    Hmmm... Anyway you slice it... THAT ROCKS!
    01-25-12 09:43 PM
    If Best Buy does, then I hope to high Heaven that they edge-a-ma-kate those sales people!
    LMAO!!!.....it would take a lot of edge-a-ma-kation ....their not the sharpest knifes in the draws ...LOL . Shhhh, don't tell them because they think they are
    Last edited by spencerdl; 01-25-12 at 09:55 PM.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-25-12 09:53 PM
    Same story with Staples - 3 months ago, never going to be another Playbook in the store - but yesterday, there they were.
    01-25-12 10:31 PM
    For several months I tried getting a PB at BB and all the geniuses working at BB told me the same bs, PB were discontinued and they were not getting anymore!
    01-25-12 11:49 PM
    For several months I tried getting a PB at BB and all the geniuses working at BB told me the same bs, PB were discontinued and they were not getting anymore!
    Gee, and I wonder why these stores get such bad reps for customer support throughout the store :?
    LOL
    01-26-12 12:01 AM
    I spoke with BB last week and was told they were out of the 64g and would not get anymore. Supposedly couldn't even get the 64g online.

I was in BB yesterday saw 3 16g's (no accessories except the stylus which I hear doesn't work well)

I spoke wiht BB today and they have stock again of the 64g.....so I will be up at 6 am to order mine online.
    01-26-12 12:18 AM
    Interesting......the BestBuy in my area advised me that the Blackberry PlayBook would no longer be sold by any BestBuy once stockpile was complete. Not that I put any trust in what a salesperson tells me anymore ......I wonder if their gearing up for the Feb 2.0 release. Things that make you go "hummmmmm".
    Listening to what someone tells you in a local store regarding whether PB has been discontinued is like listening to a Verizon sales rep about the Windows Phone they sell. They are not being paid to push it so they will make things sound as undesireable as possible. In Verizon's case, it may be their highest rated phone, but they are being paid to sell high margin iPhones and Android phones. With BestBuy, it isn't even the case that they have anything against RIM or PB. It could be as simple as a store needs to sell those non-moving android tablets to get their commissions or meet their target margin, and they do not have the ability to lower the prices on those tablets. Every Best Buy I entered in Phoenix was attempting to sell out all of their tablets over the past month, not just their Playbooks. The Playbooks are now being restocked (as expected), whereas some of the other tablets have now been replaced by signs saying new model coming soon....
    01-26-12 03:31 AM
    same here. told no new units expected. 6 boxes in the cage as well as a display model which didnt exist before. something happened.
    01-26-12 05:34 AM
    I was in my local Best Buy, roaming around the tablet department, and the salesguy effing recommended the effing PB!! I mean, I couldn't effing believe it! And I was able to tell him, hey, I already own this beautiful device!
    That salesguy is clearly too intelligent to be working at Best Buy. Someone should offer him a job where he can use his talents more effectively.
    01-26-12 06:29 AM
    This is good, more people's live's shall have a beautiful Playbook in them!
    01-26-12 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD