I'm trying to use local bar 2 on my latest playbook os, but it always gives me server error or something, and it's really frustrating. Is it actually that local bar 2 doesn't work on os 2.1?

I'm trying to use android phone as a proxy, but seriously, I can't find ANY detailed instructions for doing it with Android. I saw someone's comment that proxoid will do it for android phone, but after I download and enable, what do I do? It seems like the device is not doing anything although it's running.

Could someone please give me a detailed instructions on how to use localbar 2? I don't even get the password part. It says password for 'this device's.so you mean my Android phone or playbook? My android phone doesn't have a password, and if I put in playbook development mode password, it still gives me server error. And I dontknow which ip address to put. Ip address for phone, my actual Internet router, or playbook, or what...

Thanks for your help..
    11-03-12 12:48 PM
    It works for me on 2.1. But I use proxy off my PC..
    I've never really used much of Android nor proxoid thing.. But here is what you should do in theory I guess:
    1. Find your Phone's IP address (Wifi-settings in settings menu?)
    2. Start up proxoid. Tick mark the Start proxoid option..
    3. Note the port (Should be 8080 if not changed)
    4. On your PlayBook: Go to settings -> Security -> Development Mode -> On -> It will ask you to put device password. Enter it and rememeber it.
    5. Start up Localbar 2 on your playbook
    6. a. Put the Proxy address in following format: "ip address (from 1.) : port number (from 3.)
    Ex: 192.167.0.4:8080 (Will be different for you obviously)
    b. Put the device password you entered in 4.
    6. Select the .bar file
    7. Click on "Install"
    8. Wait..
    9. Enjoy!!

NOTES:
    1. I'm using screenshots off google to figure what proxoid looks like so maybe not accurate
    2. Never tried it but should work in theory..
    3. Sometimes After installing is finished it may give Error installation failed but manages to install it so check if it succeded by going to home screen. Or try again (This has happened to me only once)
    4. Your phone and playbook should both be on same wifi network..

Hope that helps..
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    11-03-12 01:29 PM
    can you please tell me how to do it via computer proxy. Tried many times so please tell me what you downloaded and how to make it work. also, download links are appreciated
    11-03-12 05:21 PM
    can you please tell me how to do it via computer proxy. Tried many times so please tell me what you downloaded and how to make it work. also, download links are appreciated
    What do you use? Windows or Linux?
    11-03-12 10:59 PM
    This is what it looks like for Proxoid.
    Attached Thumbnails Local bar 2 in playbook os 2.1?-screenshot_2012-11-04-01-09-34.jpg  
    11-04-12 12:11 AM
    There is a way to install bar files in your playbook using local bar 2 without installing a proxy, just desactivate wifi, tether your phone to your playbook, enable developer mode, go to local bar 2 and to the other device tab, in the remote addres write the IP you see when you press the developer mode icon and write the password, press install and done.
    01-26-13 11:33 PM
    With tether you mean not bridged right?
    01-27-13 12:44 AM
    Yes, dunno if it works with bridge I dont have a blackberry phone. I have tested the above method with my nokia 302.
    01-27-13 12:49 AM
    There is a way to install bar files in your playbook using local bar 2 without installing a proxy, just desactivate wifi, tether your phone to your playbook, enable developer mode, go to local bar 2 and to the other device tab, in the remote addres write the IP you see when you press the developer mode icon and write the password, press install and done.
    http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...ps177bb5a5.jpg
    01-27-13 04:27 PM
    need help with that too, anyone please? I use windows 7.
    05-15-13 05:09 AM
    Also remember that if you have more than 1 PB in the house, you can use local bar to install the .bar file from 1 PB to another. I do it all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 via the CB Forums App
    05-15-13 02:52 PM
    Anyone knows how to install a proxy on a pc or router?
    06-07-13 02:52 AM