is it just me, or is the playbook forum getting livelier this past week? hopefully due to the huge discount that RIM is handing out..

probably one of the moderators could help us with statistics of new posts and members of the last two months...
    10-01-11 11:54 AM
    The Kindle Fire publicity and RIM's price cut (a response to the KF and slow sales in general), have raised PlayBook awareness. I have in the last few days seen the PB mentioned a lot in the press due to the fact that the Kindle Fire is basically the same device in terms of hardware (made by the same manufacturer). In fact I even saw one tech video blog that has done nothing but diss the PlayBook since release do an on air demo of it and pose the question of whether it is a better value than the Kindle Fire after RIM's price cut.

Once the ver 2.0 OS drops things will get a lot more interesting here as well.
    Last edited by southlander; 10-01-11 at 12:00 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-01-11 11:58 AM
    As the saying goes: No press is bad press. If anything, it has brought attention to the PB. So maybe consumers will go and check it out just to see what the noise is all about.
    10-01-11 12:02 PM
    Lots of new blood coming in. Great to see.
    10-01-11 12:10 PM
    probably true... aside from new members (moderators pls confirm), we are also getting better apps, groovynote and notesmartly is quite good, then there are the great games like the ones from hotgen, and those that uses ndk (armageddon, etc), old apps which have been perfected (comics, bookreader, magellan, blaq, etc) and hopefully we will see more great apps with the ndk available to most developers..
    10-01-11 01:15 PM
    its due to the fact that crackberry now has a 0 tolerance for bs articles from trollers
    10-01-11 01:21 PM
    is it just me, or is the playbook forum getting livelier this past week? hopefully due to the huge discount that RIM is handing out..
    The uptick in liveliness could easily be attributable to the pricing readjustment, however temporary, of the BlackBerry PlayBook. If Research In Motion had released this tablet at these price points (299.00, 399.99, and 499.99) based on flash memory, the bloggers, analysts and other pundits would have been writing positive reports about the tablet and the company. Maybe with the pending release of BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Operating System 2.0 the future for the company, the tablet, and tablet users will be brighter and we will have additional positive people joining and contributing to these forums.
    10-01-11 03:01 PM
    and... yes sir! we contributors and pb lovers of course.... you're welcome.
    10-01-11 03:14 PM
    Well I got mine 2 days ago and I'm totally in love with it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 03:33 PM
    now, if we could only get our hands on some numbers....
    10-01-11 10:24 PM
    Well, we do have some posters who are attacking the PB on these forums and promoting other devices as superior. This will have the unfortunate effect of driving away potential owners especially considering the negative press the initial release generated because early reviewers couldn't find a home button among other inanities.
    10-01-11 10:39 PM
    Seeing some new folks is always good.

I think folks are also focusing on DevCon and the release of OS2 for the PB.
    The semi-release of the PB SDK also has some positive affect.

I just hope that folks are not getting too expectant that OS2 will be released during
    or even near the time of DevCon.

If they are and it is not released I fear all he11 will break loose once again. (and maybe rightly so)

Tim
    10-01-11 11:34 PM
    one shareholder (jaguar investment if I'm not mistaken) has already stated that they are giving Mike and Jim until October to turn things around, I think if OS 2.0 is not released by then, they will make good on their threat to sack one or maybe both CEOs..

so 20th of October will be Judgment Day
    10-02-11 01:46 AM
    Just like when the Touchpad went $99, the forums at Crackberry's sister site (Pre Central) went crazy.
    10-02-11 01:49 AM
    Just like when the Touchpad went $99, the forums at Crackberry's sister site (Pre Central) went crazy.
    and with the discount, HP suddenly sold so many they considered to withdraw their decision to axe the touchpad...
    10-02-11 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD