"PB package was confirmed today - you get a NEOPRENE case, screen wipe, HDMI cable, Charger, and of course a PlayBook!"
    Wow! Really? This is getting better and better!
    04-08-11 11:14 AM
    Wow! Really? This is getting better and better!
    I can confirm that we were told that in the private training room too.

Also someone said the software is pretty much gold now. I think they said something along the lines of it going platinum by release. For any software heads, I wonder if that's a term normally used or if he was just playing with his words. Platinum > gold so hopefully that means it should be even better.
    04-08-11 11:26 AM
    Everyday that passes, i find it more and more difficult to contain, the excitment!!! I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm readyyyyyyyyy (Spongebob Voice)!!!!!! I think I may hyperventilate the night b4. Thanks for all the great info!!!!
    04-08-11 11:27 AM
    so the playbook comes packaged with a case and an hdmi cable ? if so thats F'N AMAZING !
    Yep I mentioned that in my first post last night...it is sweet indeed and was confirmed at the event

My Question????
    Sorry man! I couldn't find the option...and no one I spoke yo gave me a size
    04-08-11 11:38 AM
    its nice..great news though...i wont have to buy a case now so i can upgrad eto the 32gig
    Is that the one that is included? There was a black one with the words blackberry on it.
    04-08-11 11:41 AM
    Some accessories I remember them having out were the leather sleeve, colorful zip pouches, and rubber outer case. There may have been a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. Also, others were listed as coming at release or in the summer. Some of these included the convertible leather case and mini bluetooth keyboard.

flyersfan, the one you pictured was one of the kinds that will be available for purchase. I'd imagine for this reason, I won't be the one that comes with the device but you never know. That would be sweet!
    04-08-11 11:47 AM
    I can confirm that we were told that in the private training room too.

Also someone said the software is pretty much gold now. I think they said something along the lines of it going platinum by release. For any software heads, I wonder if that's a term normally used or if he was just playing with his words. Platinum > gold so hopefully that means it should be even better.
    Gold Master or Gold Code are general terms in industries for final product or what the "reference source" for a product is. never heard platinum before though. although stamped "gold" it still gets updates obviously.
    04-08-11 11:48 AM
    wow RIM went above and beyond with that. now think about ipad 2 owners you have to buy the case and the hdmi cord and the stupid dongle to connect the hdmi cord
    04-08-11 11:48 AM
    Gold Master or Gold Code are general terms in industries for final product or what the "reference source" for a product is. never heard platinum before though. although stamped "gold" it still gets updates obviously.
    Right. So I think he was just saying that to emphasize it will even surpass gold. How much of that is based on opinion I don't know.
    04-08-11 11:49 AM
    wow RIM went above and beyond with that. now think about ipad 2 owners you have to buy the case and the hdmi cord and the stupid dongle to connect the hdmi cord
    Oh they're hooking us up for sure but the accessories are still going to be pushed hard...

We have a smart cover too...a lot of Bluetooth stuff...some interesting additions to what they include
    04-08-11 11:53 AM

My other video is close to 13 minutes and 733mb...at my girlfriends house and her internet sucks, will post it once I get home!!! Promise!
    Uh. Girlfriend over posting geeky PB videos? Priorities MAN!
    04-08-11 11:56 AM
    From the hands on Kitchener thread. Included case.

04-08-11 12:02 PM
    Uh. Girlfriend over posting geeky PB videos? Priorities MAN!
    Lol, if she hadn't stood by my side and endured the nearly 4 hours of playbooking, tech talk, and presentations (all of which she said she enjoyed) I would've agreed with you! Haha

She was the reason that video was shot so...I can only say you have a partial case there
    04-08-11 12:04 PM
    Thanks bighap!......biggest....picture....ever haha. If you want to know how the texture of the case is that's the image to look at!
    04-08-11 12:07 PM
    Lol, if she hadn't stood by my side and endured the nearly 4 hours of playbooking, tech talk, and presentations (all of which she said she enjoyed) I would've agreed with you! Haha

She was the reason that video was shot so...I can only say you have a partial case there
    She's definitely a keeper then
    04-08-11 12:11 PM
    Thanks bighap!......biggest....picture....ever haha. If you want to know how the texture of the case is that's the image to look at!
    Indeed - very large.

bighap I credited you in my first post and added the pic to my attachments also in the first post.

Thanks for this!
    04-08-11 12:27 PM
    Indeed - very large.

bighap I credited you in my first post and added the pic to my attachments also in the first post.

Thanks for this!
    Thanks but credit is due to doug1010. It was his pic from the other thread. I just dug it up
    doug1010 likes this.
    04-08-11 01:03 PM

[*]PB package was confirmed today (4/7/11) - you get a NEOPRENE case, screen wipe, HDMI cable, Charger, and of course a PlayBook! (Credit bighap for the image which I did not post because it is quite large - see attachments!)
    Serious top marks to RIM here providing a true complete out of box experience and not holding their customers subject to the "accessory tax" that seems to accompany most technology purchases. Though I see the retailers not being too impressed as cases and cables are very high margin products for them.

Out of interest, did anyone get to see the charger that comes in the box? If so, is it like the current generation of BlackBerry chargers - a small box that plugs into the wall and a regular USB cable that can be used with the charger or a computer?
    04-08-11 01:17 PM
    Just keeps getting better and better....hope to see this type of product/software innovation evolve into their smartphones as well....the 19th just can't come soon enough.
    04-08-11 01:33 PM
    Out of interest, did anyone get to see the charger that comes in the box? If so, is it like the current generation of BlackBerry chargers - a small box that plugs into the wall and a regular USB cable that can be used with the charger or a computer?
    I definitely saw the charger that you can plug in the wall. I think it also worked as being able to charge through USB as well.
    04-08-11 01:40 PM
    Like these 2:

http://www.staples.com/BlackBerry-Rapid-Charger-for-the-PlayBook-Tablet-]Office Supplies, Printer Ink, Toner, Electronics, Computers, Printers & Office Furniture | Staples�[COMING-SOON]/product_322756

http://www.staples.com/BlackBerry-Folding-Blade-Charger-for-the-PlayBook-and-Smartphones-]Office Supplies, Printer Ink, Toner, Electronics, Computers, Printers & Office Furniture | Staples�COMING-SOON]/product_322761

There is a charger that plugs into the wall and uses a magnet like interface like the macs, then there is another one that is smaller than that but bigger than our current bb square brick charges.

I definitely saw the charger that you can plug in the wall. I think it also worked as being able to charge through USB as well.
    Last edited by Brit6; 04-08-11 at 02:00 PM.
    04-08-11 01:52 PM
    Serious top marks to RIM here providing a true complete out of box experience and not holding their customers subject to the "accessory tax" that seems to accompany most technology purchases. Though I see the retailers not being too impressed as cases and cables are very high margin products for them.
    The case they supply is not going to suit a lot of people so the stores will still make plenty of money on the accessories and indeed the stuff on their shelves is going to tend to be the dearer ones with even higher margins so I doubt they will be too unhappy.
    04-08-11 02:06 PM
    04-08-11 02:09 PM
    Thanks but credit is due to doug1010. It was his pic from the other thread. I just dug it up
    duly noted

Exactly. Those are the ones!
    Is this the rapid charger? I wonder how rapid it really is...and how long that charge sticks
    04-08-11 02:23 PM
    Is this the rapid charger? I wonder how rapid it really is...and how long that charge sticks
    The guy at accessories showed me the rapid charger. It was used with the stand dock. He told me it charged the Playbook in only an hour. I don't know how much truth was in that but that's what he said.
    04-08-11 02:26 PM
132 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD