Because you are a troll and the pb is just perfect as it is and we know that OS2 will be sweet. (just kidding!) .
    He-He... I hope you are right.

Hope OS2 will offer fixes for some of the minor but irksome issues.
    It's true what you say. There's nothing truely appalling in the Playbook software right now... it's just... erm... "unfinished" and unfortunately it shows. Which is why I wouldn't buy a PB for someone I cared about.

The one that gets me is the way PB underlines spelling mistakes... but offers no suggestions. It just underlines (sorry ) the incomplete nature of the software. I'd actually prefer not to know my spelling mistakes as it is just irritating because I can't easily correct them! LOL
    09-28-11 09:47 AM
    That plus reading threads on CB, each time I use the BACK BUTTON, the page is refreshed and the threads are re-ordered.

Hope OS2 will offer fixes for some of the minor but irksome issues.
    Minor thing, but when reading CB threads on PB I press-hold on the link to get the copy/paste dialog and select "Open in new tab". That way I don't have to hit Back and suffer the refresh as much.

Also, if I want to read several threads, I'll open one, then quickly tap back on the original (thread list) page during the short animation where it pops the top-swipe menu down to show the new tab and before it pops it back up. I can manage to do that about 90% of the time, and it lets me open 3-4 other threads that way before it becomes impossible to do (because the first tab thumbnail is off-screen).

It appears this also lets the multiple pages get loaded and at least partially rendered before I go to read them, which makes the whole experience feel much more usable.

That doesn't mean I don't hold the same hopes for OS 2.0 though...
    09-28-11 10:21 AM
    I also use "open in new tab" but then I'm whisked to the new tab when I'd rather stay and open more tabs. Not awful but just one more quirk.
    09-28-11 11:33 AM
    its gunna be chrimbo soon so better had lol
    09-28-11 04:05 PM
    I also use "open in new tab" but then I'm whisked to the new tab when I'd rather stay and open more tabs. Not awful but just one more quirk.
    I'm "whisked" there too, but there is just a brief moment when you can still tap on the tab for the original page, and it will switch back to it as the other loads. You need to be quick, but it works.
    09-29-11 08:03 AM
    I'm "whisked" there too, but there is just a brief moment when you can still tap on the tab for the original page, and it will switch back to it as the other loads. You need to be quick, but it works.
    Recall I am OLD! I've tried that QUICK move. But what happens if you now have 3 or 4 tabs - the original is all the way to the left off the "screen."
    09-29-11 09:34 AM
    Good things come to those who wait.
    A wise man once told me "I know you're right, but I can't wait forever for you to be right".
    09-29-11 10:06 AM
    It's true what you say. There's nothing truely appalling in the Playbook software right now... it's just... erm... "unfinished" and unfortunately it shows. Which is why I wouldn't buy a PB for someone I cared about.
    I was talking to a friend about this the other day and here was my conclusion. The Playbook's "deficiencies" are readily apparent and in front of your face regardless of their size. The iPad's "deficiencies" are not readily apparent because they've applied polish to the whole package.

God willing this Playbook blowout all the retailers are doing will get us a user base so we can get some crap rolling. I still love mine, but let's be serious - let's get out of beta testing mode.
    09-29-11 10:10 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD