ok. i will start with mine

1- the BRIDGE
    2- multi tasking
    3- intuitive UI

here is the story of my first meeting involving the PB
    we had a meeting today which involved around 12 people for 5 hours and i took my pb with me.
    i didnt know that i wont need any note book with this little badboy around.
    i used the basic notes function bridged to take notes.
    i used the email to read/reply to emails. recieved around 15 emails and replied to some. then i recieved a meeting request which i set up easily through bridge
    i saw incoming call and iignored it and informed the caller through sms that i was busy
    the meeting room had a fantastic internet wifi connection so guess what. i got the update request which i duly obliged and it downloaded in no time
    during the break, a gentleman from the other party with an ipad approached me and i wowed him with he features and he was mostly impressed with the bridge due to cutting out another data plan/security.
    his boss informed me his organization are testing out 7 PBs for implementation so i will not have sold any units to that organization.
    i had the targus zierra case which is a perfect case for meetings where you can use it as a stand/has pockets for business cards/has space for passport if travelling/has a screen wipe (fantastic little thing)/the look is very classy and has a pen/stylus holder (in future when proper writing apps are out).
    all in all, now i have used it for travelling/meeting and i can safely say it can replace a few bulky items around. it is a nice little monster!
    im very pleased with it so far and i believe it will only get better.

the other things that i like about the PB:

-portability and size
    -bezel gestures
    -top of the screen icons like wifi / bluetooth activation..battery guage etc
    -great screen
    -video cam etc
    06-12-11 10:05 AM
    Just 3?

1. QNX OS/UI (including bridge email/browser)
    2. Top quality hardware.
    3. Flash
    06-12-11 10:18 AM
    1. Using 2 browsers at once. The playbook browser and the Bridge browser.
    2. It is a dream come true in terms of having a portable computer.
    3. My kids can watch an HD movie on the big screen, and I can be working away on the playbook.

There is much more, but the post said the top 3.
    06-12-11 10:31 AM
    1. Bridge (Email/BBM)
    2. Camera (still and video)
    3. WIFI file transfer
    06-12-11 10:40 AM
    Too many to just pick three...... but here goes:
    1. Love the screen quality.
    2. The cameras (video/still)
    3. Portability.

I want to go on and on but ill force myself to stop at that.
    06-12-11 10:47 AM
    7" form factor
    Beautiful screen
    Bridge
    06-12-11 11:17 AM
    Definitely the size of it...7 inches is about perfect i feel
    QNX...the whole intuitiveness of it plus the awesome bezel gestures
    The screen...just so damn sharp and beautiful.
    06-12-11 11:41 AM
    1. Seemless integration with my BB phone - emails, calendar, etc
    2. Flash
    3. Browser experience
    06-12-11 11:49 AM
    7" form factor;
    Bridge;
    Bezel functionality
    06-12-11 12:09 PM
    Thanks for starting a positive thread. A lot of people are impatient and have forgotten why they wanted one, - the awesome business potential, security and the solid hardware I see has not disappointed anyone, only the half baked release which is slowly but surely evolving before our eyes into what we expected.

I agree with your top three - especially bridge. I don't have to depend on WiFI to web browse, and the 3G already on my phone makes it free and an easy transition from phone based mobility..
    Ellenbrover likes this.
    06-12-11 01:13 PM
    1. Using 2 browsers at once. The playbook browser and the Bridge browser.
    2. It is a dream come true in terms of having a portable computer.
    3. My kids can watch an HD movie on the big screen, and I can be working away on the playbook.

There is much more, but the post said the top 3.
    Using two browsers at once is great, I hope it evolves into using two TABS at once (multitasking between tabs) so it wont be limited to two..
    06-12-11 01:14 PM
    1) Using the fantastic browser and Rss readers like Glimpse, Feedwheel & BlackBerry news.
    2) Watchings movies etc on its beautiful screen, easily placed on the PlayBook via usb or wireless - no need for iTunes.
    3) Streaming web content to my HDTV using the HDMI out cable, this works great to bring web content to your TV (although please update the OS to allow us to turn off the "screensaver".

Love the PlayBook!
    06-12-11 01:37 PM
    1. The Quality of Display and sound and HDMI gives you the best multimedia experience
    2. Multitasking and gesture [QNX OS] makes tasks easy and enjoyable to do.
    3. Flash
    06-12-11 01:52 PM
    1. The "ribbon" or whatever it's called. I hit the music play button and saw album art and went "woah :O" I also like how that same icon works for a variety of things. Clever!
    2. Size. I LOVE the size.
    3. The interface. I rather enjoy the interface. Sure I wish some things were different but it's a work in progress.
    06-12-11 03:19 PM
    Well if it's just three then.

1) 7" form factor
    2) Quality of the display.
    3) Bridge. Especially now the bridge browser issue has been resolved.
    smertz likes this.
    06-12-11 04:18 PM
    Too many to just pick three...... but here goes:
    1. Love the screen quality.
    2. The cameras (video/still)
    3. Portability.

I want to go on and on but ill force myself to stop at that.
    I think that the camera's my least favorite part of it since it's absolutely useless and super grainy in low light conditions and has no auto focus nor LED.

My top 3 fave:

-Flash enabled browser
    -Form factor
    -Multitasking options
    Last edited by Prey521; 06-12-11 at 06:41 PM.
    06-12-11 04:43 PM
    1) Bezel
    2) Screen clarity
    3) QNX
    4) Everything else...

Wait, only 3? Ahh well, 4 is here for good.
    06-12-11 06:35 PM
    I think that the camera's my least favorite part of it since it's absolutely useless and super grainy in low light conditions and has no auto focus nor LED.
    I disagree. I am able to snap pictures of sections of blueprints and zoom in with a decent amount of clarity - enough to read text on them anyways. Are you sure it doesnt auto-focus.

While the camera isnt in my top 3 - it does provide utility.
    06-12-11 06:44 PM
    I disagree. I am able to snap pictures of sections of blueprints and zoom in with a decent amount of clarity - enough to read text on them anyways. Are you sure it doesnt auto-focus.

While the camera isnt in my top 3 - it does provide utility.
    The Playbook has a fixed focus cam, which means that it stinks for taking pics of barcodes or anything up close. I really hope that in the next iteration of the Playbook that they update the camera with AF and add an LED flash.
    06-12-11 07:03 PM
    Too bad about the camera, although I haven't noticed any problem and shooting HD video is awesome. but honestly I will rarely use it as it is extremely awkward and odd (and odd looking) to take a photo or video with something as flat and large and hard to position as a book....the phone yes, a REAL camera yes. If I need a snapshot I will use my phone - if I need a quality camera I will use a quality camera, not a media device..but it's good for conference calls I guess if thats what you need ( I don't).
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-12-11 at 10:18 PM.
    06-12-11 07:59 PM
    1) the bridge functionality;
    2) multi-tasking;
    3) video camera

and I will add a fourth...the speakers.

the hardware is solid and the OS is full of potential too. Messaging needs to be improved big time. Must have an integrated mailbox (SMS, BBM, email, etc).
    06-12-11 08:48 PM
    screen resolution
    app changing bezel swipe
    bb bridge
    06-12-11 09:25 PM
    1. Size.
    2. Bridge.
    3. Flash.

That was hard to pick. So many things I like about it.
    06-12-11 09:44 PM
    1. Form factor
    2. Flash browser
    3. OS
    06-12-11 09:53 PM
    1. size/portability
    2. multi-tasking
    3. bridge
    06-12-11 10:08 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD