so my PB froze today and all I could get was a backlit black screen but I noticed these lines across the display that were not there before. After press & hold Power button for 10 seconds, the PB came back to life but the lines are still there? Any ideas as to what it may be the issue?
    03-05-12 11:24 PM
    Sorry, I have to ask, froze as in locked up or left in cold car froze? If locked up froze then could be a component failure (chip or piece of the electronics responsible for sending information to the screen. Froze as in cold most likely damage to the screen itself. Main difference one should be covered under warranty one is not. Slight (very slight) chance it could be software, at least worth backing up and trying a debrick.
    03-06-12 05:41 AM
    Sorry, I have to ask, froze as in locked up or left in cold car froze? If locked up froze then could be a component failure (chip or piece of the electronics responsible for sending information to the screen. Froze as in cold most likely damage to the screen itself. Main difference one should be covered under warranty one is not. Slight (very slight) chance it could be software, at least worth backing up and trying a debrick.
    Mine is doing the same thing any news???
    03-15-12 11:11 AM
    To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

If those fail to fix

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    03-15-12 01:47 PM
    I too now have this on my launch playbook
    06-23-12 12:02 PM
    My 64gb does this all the time now.

Anyone having this issue on 2.1 beta?
    06-23-12 12:19 PM
    What was your battery level? I found my playbook has those vertical lines when reboot with very low battery. The lines disappeared after full charge.
    06-23-12 08:55 PM
    What was your battery level? I found my playbook has those vertical lines when reboot with very low battery. The lines disappeared after full charge.
    I've found that battery level doesn't matter on mine. Completely random
    06-24-12 12:13 PM
    I just got the lines (vertical) on mine today after it first froze after having black back-lit screen. When I rebooted it the lines were there.....tried restarts with no change so far
    10-25-12 04:56 PM
    I just got the lines (vertical) on mine today after it first froze after having black back-lit screen. When I rebooted it the lines were there.....tried restarts with no change so far
    Try all of the Restart methods. If those don't work you might consider a debrick or call Rim - sounds like a hardware issue.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    10-25-12 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD