I am in Barrie also, will run the gamut of

Future Shop - 1
    Staples - 2
    Costco- 1
    Sears - 1
    Source - 1
    Chapters - 1
    Walmart - 2

I am pretty that should be enough Playbooks for Barrie. Going to try Costco first in case they have teh usual Reduced price.
    04-18-11 06:29 PM
    Just saw on the news the manager of the Kitchener FS said they would fulfill all the pre-orders and have enough for their customers throughout the day. Not sure what that means in terms of numbers perhaps the K-W stores are getting larger amounts as it is the RIM headquarters?
    Doubtful, all the PlayBook shipped from Waterloo to warehouses elsewhere, then shipped back to us. We're really not the biggest demographic for it either.
    04-18-11 06:29 PM
    DAMN there goes my back up plan to go to the Staples if Futureshop doesn't pan out!!

I was going to to to the one on Bayfield
    Sorry...I meant to say that they only had 9 pre-orders so far (and that was at the south end Staples)....I don't know how many they are getting in total...but I am sure they have more than 9.
    04-18-11 06:31 PM
    I am in Barrie also, will run the gamut of

Future Shop - 1
    Staples - 2
    Costco- 1
    Sears - 1
    Source - 1
    Chapters - 1
    Walmart - 2

I am pretty that should be enough Playbooks for Barrie. Going to try Costco first in case they have teh usual Reduced price.
    Chance of Costco reducing the price are slim to none, if Walmart isn't pulling their $1.01 cheaper gimmick like they do with so many other products selling them for X98.98
    04-18-11 06:32 PM
    Sorry...I meant to say that they only had 9 pre-orders so far (and that was at the south end Staples)....I don't know how many they are getting in total...but I am sure they have more than 9.
    Well there is a good amount of places with it in town! so I am confident I'll be getting one

Oh and Welcome to the forums!
    04-18-11 06:33 PM
    Well there is a good amount of places with it in town! so I am confident I'll be getting one

Oh and Welcome to the forums!
    Thanks so much! I am sure you will have no problem at all getting one.

I've been lurking around here for a while, but decided it was time to sign up because I am sure I will need as much info as I can to get these PBs up and running since I am the resident BB know-it-all for our company...I just want to be the first one to walk into the office with it in my hand while the rest wait for theirs to be delivered via courier.
    04-18-11 06:42 PM
    I will still try Costco first as someone here said they might be $50 cheaper. If not then nothing lost but if it indeed was cheaper, I get the bargain.

I am not worried that there will not be many. I originally had a Staples order but was one of the people who canceled, however, that pre-order was not with a store but from their online store. I suspect more people ordered it that way than at store.
    04-18-11 06:51 PM
    Anyone know what time the BestBuy at Bay and College will open tomorrow?
    04-18-11 06:52 PM
    I was just in the Future Shop at Yonge and 16th in Richmond Hill and the guy responded the same way. He did not expect a line up at all but I guess they are opening early so the business / commuter folks can grab one before work if they want. I did pre order both instore and online cause I want to play with it tomorrow, I was told by Future Shop online that they expected the PlayBook to be at the distribution entre in Mississauga tomorrow and ship for arrival a day or two later (I'm in Thornhill, 20 min from Mississauga). Can't wait so I'll just return the shipped one when it arrives.
    Thats awesome, thats the futureshop I'll be at tomorrow morning. Yonge and 16th
    04-18-11 06:54 PM
    You mean Bay and Dundas? If so, 7am.
    04-18-11 06:56 PM
    Thanks so much! I am sure you will have no problem at all getting one.

I've been lurking around here for a while, but decided it was time to sign up because I am sure I will need as much info as I can to get these PBs up and running since I am the resident BB know-it-all for our company...I just want to be the first one to walk into the office with it in my hand while the rest wait for theirs to be delivered via courier.
    I am going to be showing it off to a couple of my coworkers this week, I am just the resident know it all doesn't matter the subject lol

but everyone in Canada in my company knows if they need an hour to kill ask me a tech opinion and I'll give it!, our Company owner made the mistake of asking me about the iPad in Louisville a couple weeks ago, he learned everything I hated, liked, and how much I'm excited about the Playbook.
    04-18-11 06:59 PM
    Preorder in future shop store an hour before, would pick up tomorrow...yeah!
    04-18-11 07:33 PM
    I'm doing the update for the Playbook at the Chapters in Barrie on the south side!!!

no line at 7am at FS, walked in and out,

very few accessories, might go looking elsewhere today
    04-19-11 06:53 AM
    I'm doing the update for the Playbook at the Chapters in Barrie on the south side!!!

no line at 7am at FS, walked in and out,

very few accessories, might go looking elsewhere today
    thr futureshop I went to didn't have any accessories out and there were 2 people there getting their pbs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 07:00 AM
    thr futureshop I went to didn't have any accessories out and there were 2 people there getting their pbs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine only had 2 accessories

neither I wanted, they said they should be out by 1pm the truck was being unloaded today.

they didn't have the Micro HDMI cable I wanted, which upsets me,
    04-19-11 07:04 AM
    there were 5 people buying them at the futureshop i went to in mississauga...lots of playbooks
    04-19-11 07:08 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD