I am in pain. This sucks!!! I want to throw my PlayBook at Thor!!!! I trusted this guy's word because he really did sell the dream of blackberry...

I have always loved the phone tablet combo... but it seems that this is it for the playbook... And a trade in won't even amount to much now because of how bad they have made it to be. Do I still get a Z10 like i've always wanted? or is this where I jump ship?
    06-28-13 05:52 PM
    Look. BlackBerry can't get BB10 as it is now to run on PlayBooks. If you need BB10 on your PlayBook to use it then there is a problem. The problem being that you think BB10 will be the saving grace for your PlayBook. It isn't and now will never be. But don't worry so much. PlayBook OS will be supported for a while still. Maybe we will get a new browser or Android 4.2.2 runtime. Maybe an updated bridge will come too. We have no idea what to expect for a 2 year old device. If you want to jump ship that is up to you. Why not try a new BB10 device and if you don't like it get something you do like. Ask your carrier what their return policy is. It seems most are 15 days. So you should have 15 days to know if you like it or not.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    06-28-13 06:10 PM
    I would not get my hopes up for any support, upgrades or updates for the PlayBook. RIM is losing money and probably needs the remaining staff working with the PlayBook to be redeployed on future projects that have some potential for growth.

I will continue to use my PlayBooks as they work well for me, albeit I would have loved an updated browser. A new browser isn't coming nor is anything else so I will make do with what I have until it no longer works.
    06-28-13 06:14 PM
    I am in pain. This sucks!!! I want to throw my PlayBook at Thor!!!! I trusted this guy's word because he really did sell the dream of blackberry...

I have always loved the phone tablet combo... but it seems that this is it for the playbook... And a trade in won't even amount to much now because of how bad they have made it to be. Do I still get a Z10 like i've always wanted? or is this where I jump ship?
    If they did release BB10 for the PlayBook, and it ran like crap, the complaining would be as bad. Oh well.... still like my playbook... for the last 19 months!

From Zed to U via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-28-13 06:14 PM
    No they chose to not make it work on the pb. The problem is they stated they would.
    06-28-13 06:17 PM
    Do I still get a Z10 like i've always wanted? or is this where I jump ship?
    I jumped to Android in February 2013. It took me about 2 months to really make the mental change because I'd been with Blackberry since 2009. But now I know there's no comparison. Android feels like the 21st century, Blackberry is stuck in the past. Even with BB10.

The only issue with android (or any large-screen device) is the battery dies reeeal fast.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    06-28-13 06:19 PM
    Look. BlackBerry can't get BB10 as it is now to run on PlayBooks.
    They could likely make it work well *if* they wanted to spend the money. they don't. Agree with your other points though
    06-28-13 06:20 PM
    I understand all your points, but it was the promise given. If there were no promises, the playbook forum wouldn't be in such a state right now. All they would have had to do was to tell the truth from the get-go.

And even that aside, while announcing that the BB10 won't be coming to the playbook, they could just have well announced some updates or something new to at the very least, give a good send-off to the tablet. BUT NO!!! Nothing.

The playbook OS is outdated and has a few quirks that need to be fixed. OS 2.2 or 3 would have been appreciated at the very least.
    06-28-13 06:20 PM
    I jumped to Android in February 2013. It took me about 2 months to really make the mental change because I'd been with Blackberry since 2009. But now I know there's no comparison. Android feels like the 21st century, Blackberry is stuck in the past. Even with BB10.

The only issue with android (or any large-screen device) is the battery dies reeeal fast.
    The thing with android is that, i'm not as comfortable with the keyboard or how it actually works. I like android devices, but I don't honestly see myself using one. Thats just the issue with Android (concerning me). I'm not interested in either Apple or Windows. So what next? lol
    06-28-13 06:22 PM
    If they did release BB10 for the PlayBook, and it ran like crap, the complaining would be as bad. Oh well.... still like my playbook... for the last 19 months!

From Zed to U via CB10
    A more honest approach would be to release BB10 as is and allow users to have the option to upgrade with the possibility to revert back to OS 2.1 if the upgrade did not work to the customers' satisfaction. What we got was execuspeak where Heins did not want to expend any further effort (money) on the PlayBook and blamed possible PlayBook performance instead.
    06-28-13 06:30 PM

Enjoy the malware.

Posted via CB10
    Korak58 likes this.
    06-28-13 07:11 PM
    I'm not supposed to tell anyone but I'm running BB11 on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-28-13 07:15 PM
    Get an ipad mini as well as the new iphone 5s or whatever they call it.

You'll have support & more (top) apps than you'll know what to do with.
    06-28-13 07:19 PM
    Enjoy the malware.

Posted via CB10

Derp

Posted via CB10
    look_alive and Ragwan like this.
    06-28-13 07:20 PM
    I guess what seems strange to me is the dropping of the Playbook, yet they are introducing another OS7 device. What? I thought that BB10 was where is at. To me, this shows that the company isn't totally sold themselves on the BB10. If you are going to flog the BB10, let the legacy device fade a way. There are already the keyboard BB10 devices and the full screen device. Expand on them and leave the legacy device where they are, at the back of the pack. they should be in the rear view mirror.

The Playbook does what I want it to do, but I would probably do more if it had BBM and a better Bridge to name a couple.

It would be nice to see someone pick it up and try to load BBM and some of the other programs that are so popular.
    06-28-13 07:29 PM
    Get an ipad mini as well as the new iphone 5s or whatever they call it.

You'll have support & more (top) apps than you'll know what to do with.
    Don't forget to but your new cables, chargers, stands etc!
    Oh and that legendary headphone jack that was repositioned! Mind blowing!

From Zed to U via CB10
    06-28-13 09:21 PM
    The thing with android is that, i'm not as comfortable with the keyboard or how it actually works.
    I do agree, nothing can compare to the hardware keyboard. Nothing. But, that's a price I've chosen to pay. In 19 ways out of 20, my Android phone beats any BB phone I've seen.
    07-08-13 10:59 PM
    We have no idea what to expect for a 2 year old device.
    iPad2 is also a two year old device. So now you get an idea of what to expect for a 2 year old device?
    07-08-13 11:12 PM

From Zed to U via CB10
    BB supporters will still justify this BS. I have lost my faith on this company because they over promised! Why did they promise first of all? No one forced Thor to promise! Thor was sneaky, he wanted to sell the remaining PlayBooks and encourage PB owners to buy the Z10! Brutal betrayal!
    uncle_numpty and luqman24 like this.
    07-08-13 11:17 PM
    You can throw your playbook at me
    07-09-13 04:50 AM
    I do agree, nothing can compare to the hardware keyboard. Nothing. But, that's a price I've chosen to pay. In 19 ways out of 20, my Android phone beats any BB phone I've seen.
    Might I ask which Android phone you have and like?
    07-09-13 08:28 AM
    My iPhone 4 is over 3 years old now, and still receives OS updates, this is what BlackBerry should be aiming for if they want to compete. The fact is the unless BB10 is incredibly poorly coded, a dual core 1 Ghz tablet with 1GB of RAM should be able to run it perfectly well, BlackBerry just chose to screw over those that it made promises too, while also screwing over developers by removing a possible revenue stream for apps, and also losing the associated revenue BlackBerry would no doubt make on the sale of those apps.
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    07-10-13 09:54 AM
    My engineer friend at BlackBerry is running BB10 on his PlayBook. There are some minor issues, but he tells me it runs pretty well.

It seems strange that a dual-core PlayBook with 1GB RAM can't run BB10.

If BlackBerry really wanted us to have BB10 on the PlayBook they could have made it happen. They chose not to.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 12:05 PM
    I'm not supposed to tell anyone but I'm running BB11 on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    How is 2018 doing?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:02 PM
    I would not get my hopes up for any support, upgrades or updates for the PlayBook. RIM is losing money and probably needs the remaining staff working with the PlayBook to be redeployed on future projects that have some potential for growth.I will continue to use my PlayBooks as they work well for me, albeit I would have loved an updated browser. A new browser isn't coming nor is anything else so I will make do with what I have until it no longer works.
    Couldn't have summed it up any better! Still love my PlayBook and use it daily!
    07-11-13 09:19 AM