BB10 should have been finished when it was released! Instead it recycled the same stupid mistakes of the PlayBook OS, as if BBRY didn't realize 2 years had gone past since the first QNX-based mobile OS came about. In those 2 years, the other competitors certainly didn't stand still.

If BBRY still thinks consumers will wait for them just because they're BBRY, they are sadly mistaken.

SOM, pass the cognac please
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-28-13 07:59 AM
    BB10 should have been finished when it was released! Instead it recycled the same stupid mistakes of the PlayBook OS, as if BBRY didn't realize 2 years had gone past since the first QNX-based mobile OS came about. In those 2 years, the other competitors certainly didn't stand still.

If BBRY still thinks consumers will wait for them just because they're BBRY, they are sadly mistaken.

SOM, pass the cognac please
    All I need to know is "how much" my friend!
    05-28-13 08:12 AM
    Let's be realistic here, if and when it arrives.. everyone is just gonna complain some more about something else about the PlayBook. It's too slow, why is it laggy, how come they removed this, why did they do that, when's the next update, WTF APPROVED THIS RELEASE, THORSTEN SHOULD BE FIRED!? lol. You all know it's true.
    well ppl do have the right to complaint. have you used the playbook? should people not complaint when it didn't have email when it first came out? lets not all complaint and accept it and praise BB no matter what. you can honestly say even right now its on par with the standard tablet? this is not some stupid fanboy made up complaint thread, like why doesn't my playbook make coffee for me type of thread where they mock ppl that complaint. ppl that complaint actually got a legit reason to complaint, not just to complaint so they can complaint.

see the difference?

and guess what, ppl will complaint if its laggy and crappy. don't put out crap and accept ppl not to complaint when they use their money to buy it
    05-28-13 04:11 PM
    Check out 'Playbook Gone?'
    05-28-13 04:16 PM
    I've never owned an iPhone or iPod, but I do know that when they update the OS, they do it to all their devices. My brother has an iPod touch that keeps getting updated.
    Kind of. You can get iOS 6, for example, on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, which is good. If you the first two iPhones, you're SOL.

The performance does vary depending on the hardware. My iPod touch is last gen (roughly equiv to 3GS in hardware) but honestly, it's really laggy on both iOS 6 and was laggy on iOS 5 before it.
    devices.

Agree with your points though. Even if the PlayBook can't replicate a Z10 experience, there are enough improvements in BlackBerry 10 over PlayBook OS 2.1 that it's worth bringing over, IMO
    05-28-13 04:57 PM
    .... and the winner of the 'Most Uses of the Word 'Complaint' in a Sentence' goes to....
    05-28-13 05:09 PM
    Kind of. You can get iOS 6, for example, on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, which is good. If you the first two iPhones, you're SOL.

The performance does vary depending on the hardware. My iPod touch is last gen (roughly equiv to 3GS in hardware) but honestly, it's really laggy on both iOS 6 and was laggy on iOS 5 before it.
    devices.

Agree with your points though. Even if the PlayBook can't replicate a Z10 experience, there are enough improvements in BlackBerry 10 over PlayBook OS 2.1 that it's worth bringing over, IMO
    Well, kind of, to this too.
    The 3GS, 4 and 4S will all run iOS 6 but don't support all of the features.
    I suspect BB10 on the Playbook would be similar. Which is pretty much what you are saying.
    05-28-13 05:49 PM
    From the beginning I only wanted 3 things from my playbook:

1) Platform independent video chat ap. (ie: Skype or some version of BBM video for PC)

2) Video editing of videos shot with my playbook. Nothing fancy - just ability to cut together videos and maybe some title bars

3) Ability to attach external storage either via USB or some high speed wireless method other then the painfully slow bluetooth method with BB bridge.

So far, they have delivered on none of the above and I doubt BB10 will be the answer.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-28-13 08:05 PM
    Why did you buy the Playbook knowing that those three were not available?
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-28-13 08:13 PM
    So far, they have delivered on none of the above and I doubt BB10 will be the answer.
    BlackBerry 10 can't change the hardware of your device, though I suppose it might add a driver for an external MicroUSB source. Skype might be possible as it's on BB10 now. video editing as well: How to edit videos on BlackBerry 10 using the built in video editor | CrackBerry.com
    05-29-13 09:44 AM
    Then we celebrate.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    05-29-13 02:21 PM
61 123