I just found out that BlackBerry will be hosting a Playbook launch party at Lumen in Chicago this Thursday night. Lumen is a swank contemporary ultra-lounge in Chicago. Not sure exactly what they have in store, but I'm def gonna check it out!!! This is according to their Twitter feed and Facebook page. Nothing mentioned on their website.

Lumen-Chicago twitter feed:
    "BlackBerry PlayBook is hosting an AMAZING party at Lumen THIS week (if we do say so ourselves). Just how amazing,... http://fb.me/Ek1YvBio"

With the new commercial debuting recently, it looks like RIM is now starting to make the Playbook known to consumer market. I figured they might release some of those "missing" apps before they started making their push (if you want to call their efforts so far a push).
    04-26-11 06:28 PM
    Take some pics....ask the RIM reps about the updates. Should be interesting to see what they say. Good luck winning a playbook.
    04-26-11 06:31 PM
    I wonder if there will be others in major cities around the country.
    04-26-11 08:03 PM
    They have been having them... tonight is in Washington DC, I believe they already did Toronto.
    04-26-11 08:12 PM
    With the new commercial debuting recently, it looks like RIM is now starting to make the Playbook known to consumer market. I figured they might release some of those "missing" apps before they started making their push (if you want to call their efforts so far a push).
    Especially if you give one to the Russian President.
    RIM urges Russia to pick innovation over security concerns - thestar.com
    04-26-11 08:48 PM
    I will be there.
    04-27-11 12:27 AM
    Dunno if anyone here is into house music but they got a sick DJ for that event - Avicii. I bet a lot of interested people will go just to see him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 01:06 AM
    Dunno if anyone here is into house music but they got a sick DJ for that event - Avicii. I bet a lot of interested people will go just to see him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I LOVE LOVE LOVE house music. I've been DJing for 15 years! There is def some buzz about Avicii spinning at Lumen. He did a remix on the new TRON Reconfigured album. It is SOOOO good!
    04-27-11 08:07 AM
    looks like BB is doing a tour but probably not DJ type stuff.
    BlackBerry PlayBook Tour - Home

also, first post.
    04-27-11 08:22 AM
    I actually would love to go to one of these events.. someone has to ask..

"Who decided that the key to success in the tablet market was to offer no email on a product at half the size of the iPad2 for the same price?"
    04-27-11 08:35 AM
    So, I just got a DM from BlackBerry saying I won tickets to the Chicago event - I'm assuming its legit since its from them, but kinda worried because its the day of. Anyone else here get invited? And do you know any of the details?
    04-28-11 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD